2015 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So anyway... now I really will sell or trade in my Tuono v60. I can't say no to an 1100cc v4 Tuono. :(

Not the actual car, the owners, typically middle-aged men with a fresh bottle of Just-for-Men and a divorce. Then , there are the hundreds of YouTube videos of people doing stupid things in Corvettes when they actually use the power. Hilarious.

The C6/C7 Z06 is the bees-knees, but I really don't see the point on public roads.

Ya mean like this? :lmao:

[video=youtube_share;kzlg3oQMze4]http://youtu.be/kzlg3oQMze4[/video]

There are so many, they now have compilation videos.

[video=youtube;vVv5T4_wDLc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVv5T4_wDLc[/video]

Heck, who wants 200hp bikes, anyway?

The average twat who rides from Dundas sq to tims to tims to tims. Bragging rights. Otherwise as much as I like it, fully useless for anything on the road. Don't worry I'm ready for the replies of typical gtam bs for saying that.

As for the midlife crisis douches in a corvette.... no way?!?!? The next of kin drive chargers/300s with a hemi and they're fast bro. Can't out how many I've had try to have a go while.riding on a highway this summer. Not one of them are anything close to a motorcycle but hey let's try anyways.... it's got a v8 :rolleyes:

Yeah, those Hellcats and supercharged Mustangs are competing for those Just-for-Men dollars. They have a hemi, you know.

Question relating to the new BMW S1000XR:

Does anybody have a handle on how Dynamic ESA compares to DDC (BMW's fancy suspensions on the XR and RR, respectively)? Is the only difference that Dynamic ESA can manipulate preload, and DDC can't?

Question relating to the new BMW S1000XR:

Does anybody have a handle on how Dynamic ESA compares to DDC (BMW's fancy suspensions on the XR and RR, respectively)? Is the only difference that Dynamic ESA can manipulate preload, and DDC can't?

ESA:

http://www.bmw-motorrad.ca/ca/en/in..._detail/suspension/dynamic_ESA.html&notrack=1

DDC:

http://www.bmw-motorrad.ca/com/en/i...ty_concept/safetyconcept_ddc.html&prm_action=

I can't see what the difference is between the two systems.

New 2015 F800R...

2015-BMW-F-800-R-side-at-EICMA-2014-1024x682.jpg

2015-BMW-F-800-R-profile-at-EICMA-2014-1024x682.jpg

Finally they fired zee German who was making those fugly headlights.

However, it's now looking like a 2009 Suzuki Gladius...

Suzuki-SFV-650-K9-2011-reg-gladius-blue-white-7K-s-h-stunning-NOW-OPEN-SUNDAYS.jpg

The average twat who rides from Dundas sq to tims to tims to tims. Bragging rights. Otherwise as much as I like it, fully useless for anything on the road. Don't worry I'm ready for the replies of typical gtam bs for saying that.

As for the midlife crisis ******* in a corvette.... no way?!?!? The next of kin drive chargers/300s with a hemi and they're fast bro. Can't out how many I've had try to have a go while.riding on a highway this summer. Not one of them are anything close to a motorcycle but hey let's try anyways.... it's got a v8 :rolleyes:

Interesting logic - So why do people need anything more than a 250cc bike on the street? Limit is 100 km/h.?

Surely everyone who buys an expensive toy or a fast bike is just showing off their small p3nis??

Right?

Need and want are two different terms. People don't need anything over a 250 since you can't really use it anyways. People always want more. All I'm saying is 200 hp bikes are kind of nuts. They come with a price tag that usually only older people can afford. I'm sure you've seen it yourself so I'll just drop this argument before it starts.

I'm not sure what your background is with higher end toys but mine is from years of working with them and their owners. I didn't say everyone with expensive toys but there's quite a large majority yes. That's based on personal experience and fact. Go to these parking lot shows here and see for yourself.

Last edited:
Interesting logic - So why do people need anything more than a 250cc bike on the street? Limit is 100 km/h.?

Surely everyone who buys an expensive toy or a fast bike is just showing off their small p3nis??

Right?

We're adults, you can say penis.

I'm not sure what your background is with higher end toys but mine is from years of working with them and their owners. I didn't say everyone with expensive toys but there's quite a large majority yes. That's based on personal experience and fact. Go to these parking lot shows here and see for yourself.

I worked in the Italian sports car realm for a few years, never saw anyone under 50. Most repairs were abuse to the cars. Most owners never kept their cars past 2 years. We had maybe three clients who understood the machinery and used it properly at tracks.
Our biggest problem, by far, was people who "owned" these cars who's lives were a financial house of cards and literally living month-to-month to avoid going broke.
The Guild in Bradford has a massive warehouse full of cars stopped in work due to deadbeat owners. I really learned quickly that no one is who they appear to be.

In Detroit muscle cars, the average age has to be north of 60.

Need and want are two different terms. People don't need anything over a 250 since you can't really use it anyways. People always want more. All I'm saying is 200 hp bikes are kind of nuts. They come with a price tag that usually only older people can afford. I'm sure you've seen it yourself so I'll just drop this argument before it starts.

I agree with you on the majority of the above. I chuckle at some of the people I encounter at bike meets/Tim Hortons who go around checking other SS bikes for "chicken strips". It's almost as comical as that guy who goes around at car shows telling every Ferrari owner that his Uncle's-wife's-sister's-husband owns one just like theirs; usually followed by the cringe-worthy "So, what do you do for a living?". :rolleyes:

Where I disagree is on the measure of happiness. Joe doing 50 km/h in a straight line soaking up the attention might be having just as much fun as Bob flogging the bike at the track in amazement of its technological capabilities.

Anyway... sorry for the derail.

The new R1 is growing on me very quickly. Although I don't like the position of the 2 bulbs - I wish they took the Agusta F4-ish approach with a center single bulb.

bznqxiw4syt8uzjhjged.jpg

VS:
mv-agusta-f4-2010-d6e7d2e0ef86a25cce60aac5332b28dc.jpg

It's a beauty: R1 M
cplhvny7i4ksnvnkpw9g.jpg

bp7kk33ztlmij1fao82d.jpg

djxy8pgqy7g9hwoojsqm.jpg

For long distance riding while still a blast in the twisties you cant beat an RT

http://www.motorradzubehoer-hornig.de/press/r1200rt-2014/r1200rt-lc-2014-5g.jpg

As of model year 2015, the R 1200 RT will be supplied in a new two-colour paint finish and can also be fitted with the BMW Motorrad Keyless Ride System as an ex-works option. This enables the steering lock, fuel tank can and storage compartments to be locked and unlocked without using a key. The motorcycle is started using the starter button as before. With Keyless Ride, the key can always remain in the rider's clothing.

Back
Top Bottom