2015 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

Different strokes. In comparison I found the 'Blade lacking excitement compared to my GSXR. Found the STR boring. They're great bikes I'm sure but I prefer mine still. I need to try out some supernaked's.

Yes you do. But while I don't entirely disagree with your assessment of the 'blade, I had a complete riot on a STR. Mind you, it was on the Cherohala...

I almost bought a Race Aprilia this year, but then I decided I wanted to finish my race season with a bike

I almost bought a Race Aprilia this year, but then I decided I wanted to finish my race season with a bike

ebu2ate2.jpg

Haha... well, I almost bought one as well but someone nicked it out from under me. $20K for a really nicely set up bike with two spare sets of fairings, spare wheels, a full spare part kit for racing, etc. etc. :(

My RSV4 has seen three track days this year and 1.5 of them last year, and it's seen a lot of 8,000+ rpm use in general. No issues other than that aforementioned wheel assembly problem which is a pain in the ***, but apparently common with the boutique wheels using the Marchesini design. In case anyone doesn't picture that in their head, here's an image:

10653278_10152232513662680_2341237034122498080_n.jpg

Pretty much the only thing I've been annoyed with in two seasons of owning the bike.

463312.jpg

I know someone selling one race ready if you are interested, cleanest bike I have ever seen. About half the price you mentioned.

Haha... well, I almost bought one as well but someone nicked it out from under me. $20K for a really nicely set up bike with two spare sets of fairings, spare wheels, a full spare part kit for racing, etc. etc. :(

My RSV4 has seen three track days this year and 1.5 of them last year, and it's seen a lot of 8,000+ rpm use in general. No issues other than that aforementioned wheel assembly problem which is a pain in the ***, but apparently common with the boutique wheels using the Marchesini design. In case anyone doesn't picture that in their head, here's an image:

10653278_10152232513662680_2341237034122498080_n.jpg

Pretty much the only thing I've been annoyed with in two seasons of owning the bike.

463312.jpg

I know someone selling one race ready if you are interested, cleanest bike I have ever seen. About half the price you mentioned.

If it's not 2011+ with traction control, I'm not that interested. If it is... give me details in PM if you want.

If it's not 2011+ with traction control, I'm not that interested. If it is... give me details in PM if you want.

Edit: just called him, it is a 2010.

He has the bazzaz for it but we know that the Bazzaz only works properly on GSXRs. he did mentioned that the stock TC for the 2011 won't be as good as what you are used to having on your GSXR.

Last edited:
He has the bazzaz for it but we know that the Bazzaz only works properly on GSXRs. he did mentioned that the stock TC for the 2011 won't be as good as what you are used to having on your GSXR.

He'd be wrong... :) I have the race ECU load and in TC mode 1 it will allow a lot of slip, it's a lot more sophisticated than the GSXR (or the S1000RR for that matter). The 2010s aren't as durable as the 2011+ engines either, which also pushes me away from them. In particular, the cams will show considerable wear after 70K or less in racing conditions, much like several Hondas and Kawasakis I can recall. 2011+ got a revised oiling system, new camshaft spec and camshaft tensioner which is the more major reason I don't want a 2010.

Last edited:
He'd be wrong... :) I have the race ECU load and in TC mode 1 it will allow a lot of slip, it's a lot more sophisticated than the GSXR (or the S1000RR for that matter). The 2010s aren't as durable as the 2011+ engines either, which also pushes me away from them. In particular, the cams will show considerable wear after 70K or less in racing conditions, much like several Hondas and Kawasakis I can recall. 2011+ got a revised oiling system, new camshaft spec and camshaft tensioner which is the more major reason I don't want a 2010.

I don't know enough about them to agree or disagree

I didn't buy it because I am afraid of how the electronics are so sensible. We lost a full day at the track because when mounting the gas tank it tripped a sensor and it had to be factory reset.

My GSXR just works and that is the number one thing I look in a bike.

Too bad as I do think is a beautiful bike and that specific one is so well setup.

Last edited:
That's the issue with any of these sophisticated new bikes... more complexity means more things to go wrong.

That's the issue with any of these sophisticated new bikes... more complexity means more things to go wrong.
Not sure about that, Derrick's bike is a brand new zx10 and i don't recall him having any of those issues, it seems to be an "Italian bike thing" but I could be wrong.

Yeah, I don't really think so. Although it's fairly easy on the RSV4 to pinch or badly seat the gas line, or if you have modified the harness (say with a Bazzaz), it's pretty tight to fit the wiring. I know several people with late model bikes that have had a lot of issues with working on the bikes themselves... Marcel Irnie comes to mind.

I built my bike from a street bike this year in my garage (minus the install of the fork cartridge kit) and haven't had a single issue electronic or mechanical. That's why I didn't go BMW, along with the added cost. The zx10 is just as easy or easier to work on as my k8 Gsxr 1000.

Last edited:
To be fair, the ZX10R isn't as sophisticated, either. I hear pretty good things, overall, about its TC system, but it's completely different and works with virtually no input compared to the various Marelli/Bosch systems. Whether you care about WC/TC or current ABS is up to you. They have capabilities of a system that collects data on lean angle, pitch, acceleration, brake pressure, yaw and their rates of change. AFAIK the only thing that the Kawasaki system collects is differential wheel speeds and braking pressure and it applies some logical magic to extrapolate what you're likely to do next.

Last edited:
To be fair, the ZX10R isn't as sophisticated, either. I hear pretty good things, overall, about its TC system, but it's completely different and works with virtually no input compared to the various Marelli/Bosch systems. Whether you care about WC/TC or current ABS is up to you. They have capabilities of a system that collects data on lean angle, pitch, acceleration, brake pressure, yaw and their rates of change. AFAIK the only thing that the Kawasaki system collects is differential wheel speeds and braking pressure and it applies some logical magic to extrapolate what you're likely to do next.

But the good thing about having fewer sensors is that there is less wiring, fewer connectors, and less stuff to go wrong.

Some systems may have accelerometers built into the ECU itself in order to avoid having external wiring, connectors, and sensors, and that way the sensor is in a protected location. I don't know if the ZX10 does that.

No, the ZX10R doesn't have that capability. It uses some kind of "predictive" software that also reads wheel speed and I think crank acceleration to prevent but also allow a certain amount of wheelspin. It apparently works reasonably well, but the bike is mostly flying blind compared to more sophisticated systems. Again, you can decide whether or not you like this and the complexity it brings, but these new systems have made bikes a lot more accessable and safe for some people (less for those who do everything ham-fisted and think the systems are foolproof). A good example is Bosch's gen-9 ABS which has debuted on a couple of bikes, that considers yaw, speed, brake pressure, wheel speed differentials, lean and rates of change of all of those, to modulate the front brake while the bike is leaned over, without locking.

Last edited:
Have fun tuning that. The BMW is also extremely complicated to get setup for each individual rider. The kawi works just fine. I don't need a computer to not lock my front brake mid corner and I certainly wouldn't trust it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom