2010 GSXR600 won't start | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2010 GSXR600 won't start

Hi Allen, i have this issue with cars sometimes. Generally if the battery is too weak and say ambient temperature has changed since last start up, the battery may be too weak to ignite the spark plugs 100% on cold start, and in that time when the bike is in open loop cold she'll dump a ton of fuel in the cylinders, resulting in gas fouled plugs.

I see you have charged the battery, good. Remove your plugs. Typically you'll have to replace them, although you can try to clean them up with a wire wheel, but it's usually not worth your time. (considering plugs on bikes are a pita.) With plugs removed blow out the cylinders with compressed air to get rid of all the fuel. reinstall. She should start fine after all this is done.

I'd be very careful blowing air into your bike! There's a large cavity where your plugs go down into the head where dirt will collect and blowing air down there will surely put dirt into your motor.

I'll assume that you have checked all the basics. I can't tell by the video... does your bike crank without you holding the clutch lever? If you bypassed the clutch switch, the bike could run ultra rich all the time. I know there are a few models that modify the fuel map when the clutch lever is pulled to prevent afterfire and emissions etc. Can't remember if this is one of them or not. If you did, put it back to normal, change your fouled plugs and enjoy.

If not, the TPS (throttle position sensor) may be out of adjustment, the GSX-Rs were/are tempermental when it comes to the TPS settings. If it's out, adjust it, change the plugs if fouled and away you go.
I have the same bike (750) its the TPS, they run like **** during the winter, I just let it be and eventually runs fine. There are lots of threads about it in the gixxer forum

OP, did you ever find out what the problem was? I've got a 2010 GSXR600 and experiencing the same problem.

Ive had the same problem.
its a combination between the ISC valve which apparently is shi**y in the gsxrs to begine with.
and the TPS.

this happened to me towards the end of the last riding season.
if you put the bike into dealer mode. it throws the C40 code.
I got the ISC valve changed. and while they had it opened they adjusted the TPS sensor.
because of this it seemed to have spoiled the spark plugs. changed those bastards up too.
and bam runs like new now.

pain in the *** because the C40 code is so general doesnt tell you anything about where the specific problem is like all the other codes suzuki uses.

Ive had the same problem.
its a combination between the ISC valve which apparently is shi**y in the gsxrs to begine with.
and the TPS.

this happened to me towards the end of the last riding season.
if you put the bike into dealer mode. it throws the C40 code.
I got the ISC valve changed. and while they had it opened they adjusted the TPS sensor.
because of this it seemed to have spoiled the spark plugs. changed those bastards up too.
and bam runs like new now.

pain in the *** because the C40 code is so general doesn't tell you anything about where the specific problem is like all the other codes suzuki uses.
This happens to my bike as well. I knew it had to be a combination of a few things lol

Thanks, this was a very simple but valuable post

Can you tell me where you took the bike and how much did it cost?

This happens to my bike as well. I knew it had to be a combination of a few things lol

Thanks, this was a very simple but valuable post

Can you tell me where you took the bike and how much did it cost?

22Customs jane and wilson area

i cant remember spot on but it was in the low to mid 300 ball park.

they did the TPS and ISC valve. and i did the spark plugs cause there easier to do by yourself. with minimal knowledge LOL

also there is a member somewhere on here cant remember the name. that is selling the ISC valve.

Back
Top Bottom