Amber alert | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Amber alert

Fascism in simple terms is dictatorship. Your Government just dictated to you that they will take over your phone under certain circumstances. Unlike the US, Canadian's are NOT allowed to opt out. That IS fascism!

No
Fascism is NOT dictatorship, or communist or atheist... it's fascism. Fascism is an ideology that has nothing to do with sending alerts to cell phones.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

Dictatorship? Maybe
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dictatorship

Mussolini was a fascist, Stalin was a dictator. I don't know if the CRTC is fascist... despotic... yeah probably... fascist? nah

2835bebc89a036e0a59a27a897033399.jpg

I’m all for them using it but have it come through like a normal text message please. Get out of here with that alarm and I don’t need a 3rd alarm to let me know the amber alert is over.

I don’t really understand why it went out 4 hours after she was reported missing. I’d rather be safe then sorry and have it go out as soon as a child’s been reported missing if they are going to use it.

I wish it had of prevented this girls death and hopefully in the future it does prevent other terrible things from happening.
I agree with you and I think the emergency alert system is a good thing.

However, the last alert that the "child has been located" did not need to be a blaring alarm. At that point it is no longer an emergency, a simple text message would have been fine. Anyone who was awake and actively searching would have received the message. That was unnecessary and hopefully will be changed in the future.

I agree with you and I think the emergency alert system is a good thing.

However, the last alert that the "child has been located" did not need to be a blaring alarm. At that point it is no longer an emergency, a simple text message would have been fine. Anyone who was awake and actively searching would have received the message. That was unnecessary and hopefully will be changed in the future.

The emergency broadcast system does not use your phone number.

"A regular text message" is easily ignored by people who are driving (and may even have their automatic setting that blocks texts while driving enabled), in a meeting, just at home and not bothering with their phone, etc etc etc. There's a reason these emergency messages (lets not forget the keyword "Emergency") behave differently.

The murderer was caught because someone driving on the highway got the emergency alert, spotted the car in question, and called 911. A "regular text message" may have never been seen and the murderer could very well still be on the loose, or even out of the country by now.

FWIW I never got a second emergency alert with anything about "the child has been found" - I got one, the initial alert at around 11:30PM or whenever it went out, that was it. Are you sure that was the actual emergency alert system and not some other app that was relaying emergency alerts?

FWIW I never got a second emergency alert with anything about "the child has been found" - I got one, the initial alert at around 11:30PM or whenever it went out, that was it. Are you sure that was the actual emergency alert system and not some other app that was relaying emergency alerts?
Many people got the child is found alert. It was an emergency alert.

My ONLY issue with that one, and this is me being petty, was that people were relieved to here she was found, only to later find out that she was found deceased.
Maybe the alert should be that the Amber alert was over?
Again, me being petty.

Your post has me thinking now.....I'm on the highway...phone in my pocket....I ignore text messages, calls etc. Emergency alert goes off, I grab it to look (after all, the guy was found because a driver noticed his car) LEO sees me doing this and BAM! Fine, no car, not able to look out for child.....

I wonder if the emergency alert is a viable defense?
I know the right thing to do is pull over, but just spitballing here.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

**EDIT** on second thought I would like to imagine this falls under ine of those exceptions like when you can drive and call 911 to report a driver or emergency. Unless that was changed when the most recent changes were made.

Last edited:
I don't believe the HTA includes any exemption, but I think that most judges would probably be a little understanding if you *did* get charged (I'd think a cop may be reasonable as well) and the charge may get discharged.

There is an "Emergency" exemption but it specifies "you may use your phone while driving to call 911" basically, but not that "you may touch your phone to read an emergency alert".

Again, I would think the police and courts would be reasonable on that front so long as you can show the emergency alert came in at the same time you got pulled over.

I'm all for the amber alert system.... But... it may be the kid was already found dead before the alert was sent at 11:30.

Fascism in simple terms is dictatorship. Your Government just dictated to you that they will take over your phone under certain circumstances. Unlike the US, Canadian's are NOT allowed to opt out. That IS fascism!

At best this system should be used to notify Canadian's that a nuclear weapon has just been launched against North America. I don't think anyone would be calling 911 then. But in reality an EMP will be used in which case this alert system would be knocked out.

Like it or not, some people know our world is about to blow up and don't really care to know when or where they are when it happens. When a democratic government makes decisions, they have to take ALL people into consideration including the "ignorance is bliss" people. Which these days is a large population. I'm not one of them, but I understand why they're upset that their privacy is being violated.

I hope you are just suffering from winter riding blues... cause your response is quite dumb.

One alert on your phone is not taking control of your device. Did they also hijack your TV, and radio as well?
Think about it??

It is a system to help people be aware of an emergency issue. A kid's life was in danger and time was of the essence, do you get it!!! But no, for you, you need the extreme situation of a nuclear strike to validate a alert system. Good luck trying to out run a missile strike or the blast radius. For all intended purposes it worked.

One alert on your phone is not taking control of your device. Did they also hijack your TV, and radio as well?

You must not watch TV.

Do you have a point?

The alert on TV is what woke me up.

I think the point was that the Alert is broadcast on Phone, TV and Radio

FMJ might have thought you did not realize it's broadcast over all 3 systems

or maybe just being sarcastic....

Both.

Many people got the child is found alert. It was an emergency alert.

My ONLY issue with that one, and this is me being petty, was that people were relieved to here she was found, only to later find out that she was found deceased.
Maybe the alert should be that the Amber alert was over?
Again, me being petty.

Your post has me thinking now.....I'm on the highway...phone in my pocket....I ignore text messages, calls etc. Emergency alert goes off, I grab it to look (after all, the guy was found because a driver noticed his car) LEO sees me doing this and BAM! Fine, no car, not able to look out for child.....

I wonder if the emergency alert is a viable defense?
I know the right thing to do is pull over, but just spitballing here.

**EDIT** on second thought I would like to imagine this falls under ine of those exceptions like when you can drive and call 911 to report a driver or emergency. Unless that was changed when the most recent changes were made.
Every sign on the 400 series highways is lit up with amber alert descriptions. No one would have missed it. He still would have been caught.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Every sign on the 400 series highways is lit up with amber alert descriptions. No one would have missed it. He still would have been caught.

I did not know that.

I hope you are just suffering from winter riding blues... cause your response is quite dumb.

Think about it??

It is a system to help people be aware of an emergency issue. A kid's life was in danger and time was of the essence, do you get it!!! But no, for you, you need the extreme situation of a nuclear strike to validate a alert system. Good luck trying to out run a missile strike or the blast radius. For all intended purposes it worked.
The news article said "the police won't say what the Brampton house had to do with it".... it's quite obvious the girl was already found dead in the house.

Updating Canada's alert system [to include cell phones] followed the US's alert system after threat of nuclear war and EMP from North Korea in 2017 / 2018. It's a system designed to warn of imminent danger to the masses. Not catch criminals.

Last edited:
The news article said "the police won't say what the Brampton house had to do with it".... it's quite obvious the girl was already found dead in the house.

Canada's alert system followed the US's alert system after threat of nuclear war and EMP from North Korea in 2017 / 2018. It's a system designed to warn of imminent danger to the masses. Not catch criminals.

Or..................

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_alert

Back
Top Bottom