2019 Renewal - Increase? Allstate? Is this a joke? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 Renewal - Increase? Allstate? Is this a joke?

Re: 2019 Renewal - Increase? Allstate? Is this a joke?

Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Evoex View Post
    I don't even find online calculators as a good baseline, you call in and half the time it's way off or they don't even insure that vehicle.
    I wonder if they calculators just give you enough, or like you say baseline, or an attractive quote just to get you to call in. From the ones I have used they do not break down the particulars just throw out a yearly number, when you call in a go over the details then you get the real numbers. I am sure technically they can break down the details, or setup it up you can punch in your compatible details. But from what I have seen they don't.
    See you out there - 2012 HD Electra Glide

I'm a fan of transparency, as a data point w/ allstate, clean record, no claims

$1M coverage for each in Waterloo:

2016 F150: $960 (full coverage)
    2015 Golf TDI: $905 (full coverage)
    2010 VFR1200: $660 (liability/comp):
    House (small semi): $386

I love how coverage was cut in half last year, vehicles stayed the same, but house went up a bunch. Haven't received this year's yet.
    64 degrees of lean? Pffff I do 90.

- 2015 R1 "Nessie"
    - 2010 VFR 1200F

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    How bloody much are people paying in the city? I'm paying approximately $3000/year for two bikes, car, minivan, townhouse and a boat. Everything has full coverage.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Home, 3x life, bike, 2 suv, umbrella policy ~$500 a month

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk
    Originally Posted by inreb

His wife would.love to tools user the tree. You know, user the tree. To tools.

Quote Originally Posted by smergy View Post
    I'm a fan of transparency, as a data point w/ allstate, clean record, no claims

$1M coverage for each in Waterloo:

2016 F150: $960 (full coverage)
    2015 Golf TDI: $905 (full coverage)
    2010 VFR1200: $660 (liability/comp):
    House (small semi): $386

I love how coverage was cut in half last year, vehicles stayed the same, but house went up a bunch. Haven't received this year's yet.
    Unreal, care to give a rough age grouping for us ?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    64 degrees of lean? Pffff I do 90.

- 2015 R1 "Nessie"
    - 2010 VFR 1200F

Doesn't matter in the least. I live in Oshawa, yet the agent, I was transferred to when I called in for a quote, therefore "assigned" to me, by Allstate is in London...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Krime View Post
    Thank you, but not sure how it works with regional locations. My current agency location is in Etobicoke (because Grant was there) even though I'm north of Newmarket. Based on the 519 area code, that would be a good ways from where I'm at.

Quote Originally Posted by hedo2002 View Post
    Doesn't matter in the least. I live in Oshawa, yet the agent, I was transferred to when I called in for a quote, therefore "assigned" to me, by Allstate is in London...lol
    That's a good one lol. One thing that comes to mind is that when I needed to pickup a cheque for a claim, they made me specifically go to the Etobicoke location to pick it up. I asked if I could pick it up at a closer brokerage or have it mailed to me and they said I couldn't. Hopefully this isn't the case for you if the scenario ever arises. London would be a hell of a drive LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rust0r View Post
    Just got my renewal in the mail this afternoon, not happy to say the least. First year anniversary with Allstate, was lured in with great rates, wondered if this would happen at renewal, I guess I have my answer.

Will be calling my agent tomorrow to see what can be done, also will be shopping around. Just wondering what the general landscape appears to be for 2019 renewals. Would love to hear from those of you with Allstate what your renewal looks like.

Home: Increase of 93% (yes, you read that right, nearly double).
    Motorcycle: Increase of 20%

Auto: Decrease of 1%~

No claims, nothing has changed on my end. Same house, same vehicles, same profile.
    The insurance marketplace is changing. Much like 2% mortgage coming up for renewal your original terms may not be available to you any longer. It would be in your interest to make a couple calls.
    StoneRidge Insurance Brokers
    519-759-7911

6 bikes licenced for road use 125’s to 998cc’s. Policy with TD Personal up 50 bucks from last year to 3300 aprox. Sport bikes, scooters and Spyder.

I used to collect my old insurance receipts and then one day I sat in front of my fireplace and burned the old papers don't highly recommend doing this because it just made me very angry with the hundreds of thousands I had spent with basically zero return.

I got my renewal from Dalton timmis . Increase of 36 dollars a year on a 600 dollar premium. Happy with that and Timmis in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    I got my renewal from Dalton timmis . Increase of 36 dollars a year on a 600 dollar premium. Happy with that and Timmis in fact.
    You are happy with an increase in your motorcycle premiums! You do realize the insurance companies are justifying this most recent increase as being the result of distracted drivers and the increased cost of replacing high-tech automobile equipment <- neither of which have relevance to motorcycle claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    You are happy with an increase in your motorcycle premiums! You do realize the insurance companies are justifying this most recent increase as being the result of distracted drivers and the increased cost of replacing high-tech automobile equipment <- neither of which have relevance to motorcycle claims.
    More motorcycles are getting cruise control, HID/LED lights. digital dashes etc. from the factory. As much as hands-free is less distracting than holding a phone, it's still more distracting than not communicating while riding. More and more riders are using Scala (or similar).

I'm not saying I'm happy with insurance as it is, but I would argue that the points you raised do directly apply to many riders.
    Last edited by GreyGhost; Yesterday at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    More motorcycles are getting cruise control, HID/LED lights. digital dashes etc. from the factory. As much as hands-free is less distracting than holding a phone, it's still more distracting than not communicating while riding. More and more riders are using Scala (or similar).

I'm not saying I'm happy with insurance as it is, but I would argue that the points you raised do directly apply to many riders.
    Motorcycles still don't have airbags and there is your greatest cost associated with high-tech replacement cost to insurance payouts. I don't buy that any of those other things are increasing the cost of motorcycle payouts on a system that reports and calculates the costs quarterly, the last quarter has not seen a lot of motorcycles on Ontario roads but our premiums are still being collected. Easy enough to identify what vehicles are subject to new high-tech device replacement costs, it's only the new ones but this latest increase is not being applied exclusively to new motor vehicles, it's being applied across the board.

& people if our insurance rates are constantly increasing because of your stupid phone and camera toys :/ get rid of that trap, it's costing us all way more then it was ever worth, just riding your motorcycle should be entertainment enough and it requires your total attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    & people if our insurance rates are constantly increasing because of your stupid phone and camera toys :/ get rid of that trap, it's costing us all way more then it was ever worth, just riding your motorcycle should be entertainment enough and it requires your total attention.
    I'm ok with that. 10% insurance discount if your phone is inaccessible (although I use it for waze so I wouldn't qualify).

Nope, NEVER, have I picked up a cheque from Allstate. When they wrote off my bike, they simply did an eTransfer into my account, I had the $8500 in about 20 minutes of reaching the settlement. Each time I pick up meds, I submit the receipts, and they mail me a cheque, normally within about 30 - 45 days, of the submission. When they paid out on the gear, and other losses, (Cameras were stolen off the bike, post collision, Likely by tow driver), I again submitted receipts, (have to love Royal distributing they pulled all the receipts for me), I had a cheque cut and mailed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Krime View Post
    That's a good one lol. One thing that comes to mind is that when I needed to pickup a cheque for a claim, they made me specifically go to the Etobicoke location to pick it up. I asked if I could pick it up at a closer brokerage or have it mailed to me and they said I couldn't. Hopefully this isn't the case for you if the scenario ever arises. London would be a hell of a drive LOL.

The expensive high-tech safety features on modern vehicles being blamed for this most recent rate increase are back-up cameras, touch screen controls, and blind-spot monitors. (get ready to add to that list all that crap that makes the new cars park, back-up and drive themselves). Anybody here ride a motorcycle that has an expensive backup camera, touch screen control panel or proximity monitor sensors built into your bumpers and sideview mirrors?
    I put a rear view camera on one of my motorcycles and it even has a proximity alert feature :/ it cost me < 100$ which is less then my insurance deductible covers if it ever does get smashed.
    Once again motorcycle owners are getting hosed with increased premiums that have no relevance to our actual cost of operation unless you have been lane splitting and wiped out a whole lot of car sideview mirrors in the past year.