Who bought weed? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who bought weed?

Once again, there are still local dispensaries open out there, hit them up. Do not support OCS.

Once again, there are still local dispensaries open out there, hit them up. Do not support OCS.

Media coverage I've seen lately seems to suggest they're being shut down at an increasing pace!

weedmaps.com

I've used a delivery service I found on that site a couple times in the past.. all was good and went well.

Media coverage I've seen lately seems to suggest they're being shut down at an increasing pace!

Yup, cannot have any ma and pa shops- for the the gov/corp money agenda to work.
Basically our tax dollars are paying the cops to be the thugs getting rid of any competition.
Grow your own!

$66.70

Not happy with the product. No buzz or high

Sorry to hear this. I too, had medical orders like that - AURORA inc has some bad ditch weed too often. They also had a recall for pot w pesticides. Cut them loose long ago. Funny how the gov/corp talk about quality and safety of the weed .....BS
Grow your own! Most grow shops have seeds under the counter if you ask. Ask for seeds in their original packaging for best results-

https://www.costco.ca/Innova-LED-Grow-Light.product.100415413.html these are what's being sold in our local Costco (cheaper than online).

That 19watt light is not sufficient for growing pot. Maybe I missed others lights.
If you want high quality weed- you want a 600 watt HID light with reflector - for 4 plants grown to about 2.5 to 3.5' tall. A ventilation exhaust fan will be necessary (80-200 cfm). Get the quietest fan you can find. Tons of how to YOUTUBE vids are available. You should be able to get a 600 watt plug and play w reflector for $299-$399 at a local grow shop. A spare room or den with a window to exhaust out of is ideal.

I'm guessing you missed that Costco light is LED.

19w is kinda low, but it would get the job done.
HIDs are just so 1990s.

OCS has a return policy.

It's pretty hard to find but it's there on their website.

That website is a bit of a bad joke, maybe they were high...
...and you people complaining about OCS prices, How much were/are you paying for weed?
I see cheap commercial crap for $6.50-7 a gram, to some higher grade sativas, with a MUCH longer flowering period, for $12-13/gram. Is that too much?

HIDs are just so 1990s.

HIDs run hot and use a ton of power too. The LED lights run cool. I use them for growing coral along with some power compact fluorescents and coral are very demanding. I’m trying to work out a way of just running LEDs on my aquarium.

Love some of the tweets on the OCS. "Worst drug dealer in the history of drug dealers" was a good one.

HIDs are just so 1990s.

19w of (LED) lighting just doesn't have the light intensity - marijuana requires lots of light intensity. HID lights are used almost exclusively by commercial growers, most often with 1000 watt fixtures, although some operations may use LED lighting for small seedlings or clones (cuttings to root). 19 watts, LED or not, will not grow healthy plants beyond 6" in height.
Generally it is recommended that 60-80 watts of lighting per square foot of floor space be used when growing marijuana.

Last edited:
19w of (LED) lighting just doesn't have the light intensity - marijuana requires lots of light intensity. HID lights are used almost exclusively by commercial growers, most often with 1000 watt fixtures, although some operations may use LED lighting for small seedlings or clones (cuttings to root). 19 watts, LED or not, will not grow healthy plants beyond 6" in height.
Generally it is recommended that 60-80 watts of lighting per square foot of floor space be used when growing marijuana.

Watts does not make sense as a measure of light. 60 to 80 watts/sq ft may be a reasonable metric for HID, but LED outputs a substantially different amount of lumens/watt (and a different spectrum). A quick google search shows weed grow lights should be 2000 lumens/sq ft minimum and 7000+ optimal. There is also debate about whether lumens/lux are the proper metrics for grow lights as the spectrum is so important.

Apparently these costco lights are quite poor in terms of light output/dollar compared to some other solutions (such as Mars 300). I agree with you, as a first cut 19W over 1.5 sq ft seems awfully low if you want things to grow quickly.

There is an opening here for a youtube channel to actually measure the outputs and growth rate using commonly available sources as most of the consumer priced solutions are all marketing wank and no science.

Watts does not make sense as a measure of light. 60 to 80 watts/sq ft may be a reasonable metric for HID, but LED outputs a substantially different amount of lumens/watt (and a different spectrum). A quick google search shows weed grow lights should be 2000 lumens/sq ft minimum and 7000+ optimal. There is also debate about whether lumens/lux are the proper metrics for grow lights as the spectrum is so important. Apparently these costco lights are quite poor in terms of light output/dollar compared to some other solutions (such as Mars 300). There is an opening here for a youtube channel to actually measure the outputs and growth rate using commonly available sources as most of the consumer priced solutions are all marketing wank and no science.

Yes, watts/square foot is not the best scientific measure of usable light. but for a laymen the formula works very well. Light spectrum or wavelength is extremely important. Not all wavelengths are usable to the marijuana plants.

The problem w LED lights is intensity and the wavelength of the light produced. The light emitting diode "bulbs" come in 1-5 watt sizes. They use a ton of them in a single fixture. These lights don't penetrate the canopy very well; some fixtures will have 100w, 200w, or even higher and can grow good quality weed but the results can not match that of HID lighting. Its getting closer, but clearly not there. Another problem is the wavelength of LED - much of the wavelength produced is unusable to the plant for growth. R&D development for better LED's is underway as we speak, but progress has been very slow. The best part of LED lighting is its low heat output. The initial cost of LED's vs HID is 2-3 times higher for the same amount of usable light. Maybe in the future with development, this will change. As it stands now, HID lighting is clearly the winner for growing the best marijauna. Commercial operations do not use LED's for flowering, and they know what works...

Last edited:
OCS has a return policy.

It's pretty hard to find but it's there on their website.

That website is a bit of a bad joke, maybe they were high...
...and you people complaining about OCS prices, How much were/are you paying for weed?
I see cheap commercial crap for $6.50-7 a gram, to some higher grade sativas, with a MUCH longer flowering period, for $12-13/gram. Is that too much?

yup thats too high a price. Blackmarket prices have plummeted. Typical wholesale price today "for the bomb" weed is $1200-$1500 per pound - or about $3 a gram.

For light output for growing things you measure in PAR. Admittedly the Costco lights may not be the best LED lights but there are plenty that work very well and making your own from kits with heat sinks and Cree LEDs isn’t too expensive. For the wavelength you can use various diode combinations. To approximate intense sunlight in an aquarium you need a mix of actinic blues, daylight whites, reds and uv and corals are much more demanding than terrestrial plants. The big benefit is that power consumption is lower and heat output is lower too. The issue with LEDs are the lenses, they need careful focussing to get the right beam pattern and this is why for lots of plants they might not work. For a smaller number they should be fine though.

yup thats too high a price. Blackmarket prices have plummeted. Typical wholesale price today "for the bomb" weed is $1200-$1500 per pound - or about $3 a gram.

Ok, but who the **** buys pot by the lb?!

Ok, but who the **** buys pot by the lb?!

ebbxvl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom