Buying first toolset | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying first toolset

Thanks guys I'm now on my way to purchase the maximum 168pc socket set.

For the rest of the suggestions I've copied it down and saved it in my maintenance folder. Will get them once my pay cheque comes lol

Where do you guys get your JIS screwdrivers?

not sure if this place is still around....

http://www.gofastinnovations.com/

was or still is a site supporter.....

@fuwafuwa not sure what you have purchased yet, but CT has screwdriver set $20, pliers set $20, adjustable wrench set $24 and ratcheting gear wrench set for $160 this week

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

@fuwafuwa not sure what you have purchased yet, but CT has screwdriver set $20, pliers set $20, adjustable wrench set $24 and ratcheting gear wrench set for $160 this week

wowowow thanks for letting me know. How is the quality of the Mastercraft? Or should I wait for Maximum stuff to go on sale?

Sorry to go off topic a bit but I also need a bike stand, I only need rear stand for now but wouldn't mind buying both front and rear, primarily need it for detailing/lubing chains. Where can I find a good one? P.s. my CBR250 doesn't have spools yet

Imo for what you will be doing this stuff is ok. And if you are like me, you lose more tools than you use

wowowow thanks for letting me know. How is the quality of the Mastercraft? Or should I wait for Maximum stuff to go on sale?

Same lifetime warranty, should be fine.

I've always bought lower cost tools as long as they have the warranty to back them up. I have worked in shops before, were guys scoffed at my mastercraft and powerfist(princess auto brand, also lifetime warranty) collections. But when their expensive tools broke, they had to wait for the truck to come back. If my tools broke, I could go by the store on my way home and bring the brand new replacement to work the next day. One time working at a wrecking yard, I had my girlfriend do a replacement run for me so that I could continue working.

I have no problem with cheaper tools with warranties. They still work and easy enough to get replacements.

I have no problem with cheaper tools with warranties. They still work and easy enough to get replacements.
This +1. Oh and I somehow always seem to find 10mm sockets and wrenches lol. Have multiple spares with no idea where they came from.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Hello everyone, I just got my first motorcycle recently and planning to learn how to perform some simple maintenance/upgrades to the bike. I have some very basic tool but they are more for a general purpose only so I am planning to assemble a toolset for bikes only.

Work that I am planning to do:
Oil change
Change tires
Brake pads

What tools should I be looking at for these jobs? I don't mind spending a little bit more for better quality tools.

I'm thinking torque wrench and screwdrivers, any reputable brands?

Am I missing any other tools?

good to see your own maintenance I have a cbr 250 also.

oil change : Just a caution when doing the oil change it's very important you put the oil filter in the right way or you will ruin your engine 100% guaranteed!
honda oem oil filter will have engrave lettering to tell you which way the oil filter should face. K&N oil filter doesn't have any letterings.
When installing an oil filter put some new engine oil into the oil filter hole. the hole in the oil fiter should face the hole from the engine,
If you are second guessing about it, give me PM

Stands: i have the Venom (bought them online at Fortenine?) back and front stands they work well for lubing the chain. I (200lbs) can sit on the bike on the stand and practice my body position without and problems, its steady.

Tools you don't need expensive tools, just need to know how to use them properly, ie. torque wrench(how to read the setting feet, inch, N.M, not striping bolts, snapping bolts. etc

Buy metric tool set, socket, wrenches. the cbr is spec is in metric

Canadian tire has sales on every week
later

Last edited:
Doesn't it bug ya when you're missing one piece from a set? Got others, but always miss that one that left an empty spot in the rack. :(

Same lifetime warranty, should be fine.

I've always bought lower cost tools as long as they have the warranty to back them up. I have worked in shops before, were guys scoffed at my mastercraft and powerfist(princess auto brand, also lifetime warranty) collections. But when their expensive tools broke, they had to wait for the truck to come back. If my tools broke, I could go by the store on my way home and bring the brand new replacement to work the next day. One time working at a wrecking yard, I had my girlfriend do a replacement run for me so that I could continue working.

I have combination wrenches in gray mastercraft snap on and sears craftsman. All but the snap on's go on sale super cheap. My fav is craftsman as they have a rough finish and are easier to grip when things are oily or greasy. snap on and mastercraft are super smooth and slippery to grip. looks like sears (craftsman) is in bankruptcy protection and going out of business soon?

If Sears Canada goes under, wonder if the US will honour the lifetime warranty? ...or maybe they would honor it?

Back
Top Bottom