Police Look To Identify Group Of Stunt Driving Motorcyclists | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Police Look To Identify Group Of Stunt Driving Motorcyclists

Oh but I have every right to if my bike is legal (which it is). Do you know what profiling is? Not right, charterly speaking, in spirit of.

Yawn.

Go read section 82(2) of the HTA and get back to me. As a commercial driver for a few decades now it's one I'm quite familiar with.

If you want to play hardball, the police can play too. And hey, they can seize your bike and offer you a nice big fat ticket as well for failure to play along.

Yawn.

Go read section 82(2) of the HTA and get back to me. As a commercial driver for a few decades now it's one I'm quite familiar with.

If you want to play hardball, the police can play too. And hey, they can seize your bike and offer you a nice big fat ticket as well for failure to play along.

Said erosion exemplified. The fact that you find this wholly acceptable should disqualify you from participation in any democratic discussion. I hear China's a boom; and politically right up your ally. Safe travels.

Said erosion exemplified.

Frig...for real? Driving is still a privilege, not a right.

When the police show up at your door demanding to inspect your property without a warrant, cry charter...I'll be right behind you defending our rights on that one. There are plenty of situations where I'm happy to defend the charter and would be the first to stand up for my rights.

But when you go out onto public roads that are governed by the HTA, like it or not you're subject to them. If you don't like it...don't ride/drive on our roads, simple.

82.2 plays an important role in making our roads safe...without it anyone and everyone could simply tell an officer to get stuffed (as seems evident you would choose to do) and drive off in/on their potentially unsafe or illegal vehicle Yes, 82.2 is mainly used for commercial vehicles, but not solely, and there are blitzes where the OPP enact 82.2 to get junkers off our roads. You are being incredibly naive if you think that the in the case of random motorcycle spot checks 82.2 wouldn't play a key role. Hell, Google it and you'll find some relevant stories, even case law.

Some people live in a perfect world utopia where laws are irrelevant and anything that impedes their desire to do as they bloody well wish are lauded as "undemocratic" or "heavy handed", and now "against the charter".

Your post history has shown a clear disregard for laws for which you don't agree so this shouldn't surprise anyone here, but trying to drag the charter into it is a new one...

I caught one of my employees participating in credit card fraud, I investigated it, collected evidence and got him arrested, his car also had stolen merchandise when he was arrested, he had a previous record and spent a total of 0 days in jail and was given some community service and had to pay back the money stolen. He was not a minor.

I think Jay's point is there are so many other things the entire "law and order"this includes police, law makers, judges need to fix and worry about than this bs is a waste of time.

Unfortunately Jay is not one of them, he can't wheelie worth of **** :)

Jayv, you probably don't know this but the Toronto Police Service is not just 1 person or a handful of guys. There are all sorts of divisions, and units manned by a hundreds (thousands, even) of officers doing all sorts of investigations, both current and historical divisionally and abroad. :p

I'm not sure the one cop (likely) who got handed this case stopped to check-in with the task force on 'Current Important ****' before making the appeal for public help. It normally isn't a big deal (do tell me the last time TPS appealed for public help identifying a group of motorcyclists driving dangerously) because well... these groups of riders are likely starting to piss off the cops.. you know.. popping wheelies beside cop cars on the highway.

Jayv...... you're not one of them are you? You seem so defensive about the whole thing... :p

Sometimes little turds become big turds...I don't think it's a waste of time chasing these little twats. If nothing else, once some of them do get caught, and some will, then others might not think it's such a good idea to behave like a knob as actions have consequences.

A crime is a crime, but there is potential here for a tragic event, such as someone getting killed. When a crime endangers the public, or the riders involved, the police have an obligation to find the riders. So far, nothing tragic, other than 2 fires, has happened. This behaviour needs to stop as it could turn bad the next time.

Let's not forget the past rides that have resulted in death and serious injury. I can show you the bikes that are sitting in police impound that were crashed on group rides while doing wheelies on the 401. If you think the danger isn't real, or if the risk is worth the reward of being a 5 minute Youtube star, have at 'er. Just don't be surprised with the result if you crash, or cause a crash on the highway.

Speaking of the s. 82 inspection authority, it's true... any police officer can inspect any vehicle for the purpose of a safety inspection. If you want to drive your vehicle on public roads, you're eligible for an inspection. Personally, I don't inspect anything unless I can think of at least one charge that could come out of it. Simply put, if I do an inspection, you're going to get at least one charge. And if you're one of the people who hide their licence plate, you're going to get them all.

Highlighted the key word for you below. Maybe it was just a mundane ride along Kingston road.

Investigators say that they received a call on Sunday, September 4th for a large group of motorcyclists driving dangerously in the area of Kingston Road and Midland Avenue.

So now they have learned to keep their helmets on, and pay in cash.
However, ask yourself this...when you and 4 friends go for a ride or meetup...better hope none of you have similar gear.
What if it is one ****** of person that does not like bikes or their neighbor has a loud bike, seems to be an easy way to get the cops chasing ppl around?

Also, what if the stunters start placing random phone calls to report 'themselves' causing the police to go on wild goose chases.

82.2 plays an important role in making our roads safe...without it anyone and everyone could simply tell an officer to get stuffed (as seems evident you would choose to do) and drive off in/on their potentially unsafe or illegal vehicle Yes, 82.2 is mainly used for commercial vehicles, but not solely, and there are blitzes where the OPP enact 82.2 to get junkers off our roads. You are being incredibly naive if you think that the in the case of random motorcycle spot checks 82.2 wouldn't play a key role. Hell, Google it and you'll find some relevant stories, even case law.

Some people live in a perfect world utopia where laws are irrelevant and anything that impedes their desire to do as they bloody well wish are lauded as "undemocratic" or "heavy handed", and now "against the charter".

Your post history has shown a clear disregard for laws for which you don't agree so this shouldn't surprise anyone here, but trying to drag the charter into it is a new one...

Excuse me? A clear disregard? Do you have access to me driving record? Take a step back from the slanderous ******** bud... But it shows what kind of person you are when you attribute guilt to someone for questioning the ridiculously low speed limits ... In fact, it makes you an *******. Go ahead and report it; it needed to be said.

As for random spot checks for 'vehicle safety', that's not where your little diatribe started, merely the thin vale you suggest/support using to target a single demographic. And yeah they probably will... any wonder public support and trust in police services is at decades long low.

Realistically, I don't believe they should be able to impede your travels without probable cause; ie your rust bucket needs obvious work.. that's reasonable. To pull me over on a brand new SS, because it's an SS, to check for vehicle "safety" .. C'mon.

I really don't think there is, or will be, any more "targeting" of sport riders any more than usual. As per previous post, I continue to see the occasional cop while out on my sport bike, and nothing has happened. But the bike and its paperwork are all in order.

No plate, improperly mounted plate, bike has visible safety defects, rider is acting like an idiot, is going to get the attention it deserves!

Yeah, they pretty much know who it is already.

It's entirely possible that the license plates are on video. There's no reason for the cops to release information that they already know. If someone comes forward to identify the rider then that's independent evidence. If the license plates were not visible or not legit then whatever was on video might not be useful information.

Here's a novel question for the masses. How do you suppose the cops figured out that they should look at the video from that particular gas station at that particular time and that these were the riders in question??

This thread sounds like a few of you are guilty of riding in these groups.

I really don't think there is, or will be, any more "targeting" of sport riders any more than usual. As per previous post, I continue to see the occasional cop while out on my sport bike, and nothing has happened. But the bike and its paperwork are all in order.

No plate, improperly mounted plate, bike has visible safety defects, rider is acting like an idiot, is going to get the attention it deserves!

I do agree, and have yet to encounter any backlash save for a minor discussion over my plate from a baby face leo, who backed down when challenged.

Now, the notion that we should all just submit to mass spot checks thinly veiled as "safety inspections" based on the type of vehicle one owns, AND endorsing it on a motorcycle enthusiast forum.. A bridge too far for me. Yeah 400 series wheelie stars are not my favorite type of rider, but I'll personally refrain from endorsing punishment for all. No different than labeling every hog owner as a 1%er, and treating them as such. It's asinine.

---------

Unless this is the future we want

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Bad-The-Ugly&p=2454981&viewfull=1#post2454981

Last edited:
Excuse me? A clear disregard? Do you have access to me driving record? Take a step back from the slanderous ******** bud... But it shows what kind of person you are when you attribute guilt to someone for questioning the ridiculously low speed limits ... In fact, it makes you an *******. Go ahead and report it; it needed to be said.
"calm yourself" lol
As for random spot checks for 'vehicle safety', that's not where your little diatribe started, merely the thin vale you suggest/support using to target a single demographic. And yeah they probably will... any wonder public support and trust in police services is at decades long low.
very lame

Excuse me? A clear disregard? Do you have access to me driving record?

Apologies due on my behalf, I looked back through the thread (from the summer) that I was thinking of...and it was another member who I won't name who was vehemently suggesting laws he didn't approve of need not be followed, especially speed related ones.

And FWIW I don't report posts for being called names, that sorta thing rolls off my back.

Apologies due on my behalf, I looked back through the thread (from the summer) that I was thinking of...and it was another member who I won't name who was vehemently suggesting laws he didn't approve of need not be followed, especially speed related ones.

And FWIW I don't report posts for being called names, that sorta thing rolls off my back.

Well I don't always appreciate your point view, I can appreciate anyone who is big enough to hold up their hand and admit a mistake. FTR going forward, my opinion on certain laws, or in this case, the media hyperbole around these few incidents does not mean I'm the type to go out and egregiously break laws.

If only you knew the company I keep.... to make that statement clear, there's a distinct lack of ****** vests and helmet mohawks ... or youth come to think of it lol

Back
Top Bottom