Motorcycles knocked over on Edward St. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycles knocked over on Edward St.

There is a difference between a visitor and a resident.
Based on the general feedback from drivers and riders...there is a problem and it's getting worse...I think the insurance companies also support my supposition.
My opinion is that it is easy too easy for anyone to get a license. If we have low standards, a plethora of inconsistently enforced traffic laws, and high traffic volumes we will end up with crappy, impatient drivers. Having said that, hitting two bikes and two parked cars takes the cake.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Damn. She hit 2 more cars? Lol. This reminds me of a Modern Family episode.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

The CBR1000RR was my bike. The Triumph that was knocked over on top of mine was a guy who works across the street. Looks like she hit both bikes with her vehicle, knocked them over, panicked and then continued on down the road and ran into two more parked cars before stopping.

She was a newly licensed G2 driver and the cop gave her a careless driving ticket. She's gonna lose her license for 30 days (which isn't long enough if you ask me).

My bike suffered front end damage from the impact of her car, as well as left side fairings damaged from other bike falling on top of mine. The right side has damage to the transmission cover, the vortex bar ends kept the rest of the bike off the ground luckily. Bar ends will have to be replaced. I also believe the right handle got bent a bit from the fall.

It was a totally sucky Monday for me, but insurance will cover the repairs and since I wasn't even there when it happened, it's obviously a not at fault claim. Bike is at the dealer now and the insurance adjuster will take a few days to show up and review the damage.

I just wanted to say thanks to all those that looked out, and to the OP who reported it. I think a bunch of people on the patio saw it go down as well and immediately called the cops.

that sucks bro. Happened to me this season as well. Insurance took cared of everything

The CBR1000RR was my bike. The Triumph that was knocked over on top of mine was a guy who works across the street. Looks like she hit both bikes with her vehicle, knocked them over, panicked and then continued on down the road and ran into two more parked cars before stopping.

She was a newly licensed G2 driver and the cop gave her a careless driving ticket. She's gonna lose her license for 30 days (which isn't long enough if you ask me).

My bike suffered front end damage from the impact of her car, as well as left side fairings damaged from other bike falling on top of mine. The right side has damage to the transmission cover, the vortex bar ends kept the rest of the bike off the ground luckily. Bar ends will have to be replaced. I also believe the right handle got bent a bit from the fall.

It was a totally sucky Monday for me, but insurance will cover the repairs and since I wasn't even there when it happened, it's obviously a not at fault claim. Bike is at the dealer now and the insurance adjuster will take a few days to show up and review the damage.

I just wanted to say thanks to all those that looked out, and to the OP who reported it. I think a bunch of people on the patio saw it go down as well and immediately called the cops.

That sucks... But, careless driving? Wouldn't driving off and hitting some other vehicles be grounds for a leaving the scene of an accident?

Hell, if a rider were to weave in their lane, it would qualify for a careless driving charge... and this girl hit 2 vehicles, left the scene, and hit another 2...?

Probably played the damsel in distress card.

That sucks... But, careless driving? Wouldn't driving off and hitting some other vehicles be grounds for a leaving the scene of an accident?

Hell, if a rider were to weave in their lane, it would qualify for a careless driving charge... and this girl hit 2 vehicles, left the scene, and hit another 2...?

Probably played the damsel in distress card.

Ya I think the cop kinda felt bad for her. She was apparently very flustered and apologetic. She did end up stopping after hitting the other cars. I just don't understand how she managed to get to the downtown core without killing people on her way.

Ya I think the cop kinda felt bad for her. She was apparently very flustered and apologetic. She did end up stopping after hitting the other cars. I just don't understand how she managed to get to the downtown core without killing people on her way.

valid observation/question
perhaps she has gotten away with hitting other cars, this time she got caught
she seems like a very bad driver therefore I think it's fair to conclude this was not her first time

Ouch, that sucks. The Triumph has been back since yesterday, I guess it didn't get damaged.

My opinion is that it is easy too easy for anyone to get a license.

Understatement of the year.

In Germany, getting a driver's license costs hundreds of dollars, and includes several tests, including basic things like changing a flat, boosting a dead battery, etc. By the time you get issued a license, you can pretty much drive anything with wheels, properly. Here, any muppet that can avoid hitting some pylons in a parking lot get a license to pilot a 4,000 pound (and often much higher, for soccer moms in Escalades) land missile around other people.

Germans also don't mess around with enforcement. Yes, there are still a handful of sections of the Authobahn that are not speed limited, but when the posted limit says 80km/h, they mean 80km/h. Not 81. Nobody parks their *** in the passing lane, because they're Germans, and it's the passing lane.

If we had that kind of training, lane discipline, and common courtesy here, it would be much better for all of us.

What kind of car would surprise you, to have knocked over a few motorcycles?
Corollas are notorious for being associated with incompetent drivers. Check out @GoldCorollas on the Twitter.
And a police car would surprise me ?

In Germany, getting a driver's license costs hundreds of dollars, and includes several tests, including basic things like changing a flat, boosting a dead battery, etc. By the time you get issued a license, you can pretty much drive anything with wheels, properly. Here, any muppet that can avoid hitting some pylons in a parking lot get a license to pilot a 4,000 pound (and often much higher, for soccer moms in Escalades) land missile around other people.

Germans also don't mess around with enforcement. Yes, there are still a handful of sections of the Authobahn that are not speed limited, but when the posted limit says 80km/h, they mean 80km/h. Not 81. Nobody parks their *** in the passing lane, because they're Germans, and it's the passing lane.

If we had that kind of training, lane discipline, and common courtesy here, it would be much better for all of us.
Hear, hear.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

There are some bad drivers in Germany too trust me ;)
Speed enforcement there is heavily done with (so beloved here) photo radar...except they take your picture from the front so that your face can be seen and you do get your demerit points ;)

There are some bad drivers in Germany too trust me ;)

I've spent a lot of time driving in many European countries. The bad drivers in Germany are a small fraction of the useless morons we have on the streets here. The GTA seems to be their home stomping grounds, too.

I've spent a lot of time driving in many European countries. The bad drivers in Germany are a small fraction of the useless morons we have on the streets here. The GTA seems to be their home stomping grounds, too.

Can't say that I disagree...and I've most likely spent more time than you on European roads ;)

I remember some mention of Finland or Norway it takes a few years to get your license as you have to pay fees but they also want you to spend time in different seasons...much like what Germany does.

I always wondered how the hell a person can walk in do a flimsy 'written' test and on the road they go never driven a car before.
And we have snow here yet no testing in the snow is mandatory?

I don't see things changing here, they need to keep the economy going and collect their taxes at every transaction.

Ouch, that sucks. The Triumph has been back since yesterday, I guess it didn't get damaged.

Triumph has some scratches on exhaust and side. The most damage was caused by my kickstand making a sizeable dent in his gas tank. My bike was practically brand new, only had 2200 Kms on it. I'm still pretty stressed out about it, but all I can do is wait for the insurance adjuster to go and estimate cost of damage and approve the repairs. Man, I don't even ride in the rain, that's how well I take care of this bike and some stupid driver comes along and does this.

Corollas are notorious for being associated with incompetent drivers. Check out @GoldCorollas on the Twitter.
And a police car would surprise me ��

Didn't a cop car rear end someone recently?

Triumph has some scratches on exhaust and side. The most damage was caused by my kickstand making a sizeable dent in his gas tank. My bike was practically brand new, only had 2200 Kms on it. I'm still pretty stressed out about it, but all I can do is wait for the insurance adjuster to go and estimate cost of damage and approve the repairs. Man, I don't even ride in the rain, that's how well I take care of this bike and some stupid driver comes along and does this.

Be prepared. It might get written off.

Saw a lady knock over a bike one day while trying to leave an on street parking space.
She tried to drive away, but I stopped her.
She was Chinese and like most Chinese in this sort of situation, suddenly she couldn't speak English.
I got her licence plate and wrote down her physical description.
The rider arrived a few minutes later. I gave him the info and my name and address.
Never heard back so I assume she pled guilty to fail to remain.

*Saw a lady knock over a bike one day while trying to leave an on street parking space.
She tried to drive away, but I stopped her.
The person in this sort of situation, suddenly couldn't speak English.
I got her licence plate and wrote down her physical description.
The rider arrived a few minutes later. I gave him the info and my name and address.
Never heard back so I assume she pled guilty to fail to remain*

There, I 2016 fixed it up for ya.

Quick question, can you tell the difference between Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, or Chinese?

So you're telling me there's more than just Chinese or Japanese?!?!

[video=youtube;d_CaZ4EAexQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_CaZ4EAexQ[/video]

Is literally me every time I have to explain my background to people.

I remember some mention of Finland or Norway it takes a few years to get your license as you have to pay fees but they also want you to spend time in different seasons...much like what Germany does.

I always wondered how the hell a person can walk in do a flimsy 'written' test and on the road they go never driven a car before.
And we have snow here yet no testing in the snow is mandatory?

I don't see things changing here, they need to keep the economy going and collect their taxes at every transaction.
The snow test is a practical test, that comes in the the weeks of the first snowfalls. Imagine how many immigrants drive in snow for the first time.. I was one of them at one time too. That first few snowfalls are good to avoid being out in for this very reason.

Back
Top Bottom