First Track Bike Purchase...Help Please | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First Track Bike Purchase...Help Please

That is the bike that started this thread. Was going to buy for 2500. For a 1000 I can't see how if go wrong?

Called the seller this morning. Looks like he still has the bike but there are a few lookers in line before me. If they are typical Kijiji buyers I may get lucky and have a crack at it. Time will tell. Willing to make the purchase for $1000. Leaves room for fixes etc...

Called the seller this morning. Looks like he still has the bike but there are a few lookers in line before me. If they are typical Kijiji buyers I may get lucky and have a crack at it. Time will tell. Willing to make the purchase for $1000. Leaves room for fixes etc...

Go with cash in hand. I just bought a bike from a guy who was moving. He just wanted it gone. it had been sitting for 2 years, was asking $1700, got it for $800.

That's an awesome deal. I rarely go into a deal thinking I'll pay full asking. If I have to now and then and it's a deal I will but I always have a start and end price in mind. Not even sure I'll get a change to haggle.

Has anybody gone to see this bike? I think it's located in Brantford.

That's a common response from Kijiji sellers. Everyone and their uncle is in line to snap it up...yet it's been for sale for a long long time. You have to wonder why no one has snapped it up yet. Play hard to get and low ball ;).

I picked the bike up last night! It has some bumps and bruises but it runs and is track day ready with some minor work. Came with a set of Q2's that have barely been used and a brand new set of Battlax Slicks I will most likely sell. If anyone needs a set of slicks for their SV let me know.

congrats on the track bike!
I had my eye on that bike for a little while but failed to pull the trigger
how was the test ride?
was the bike as advertised?
any surprises?
please keep us posted on your track day adventures with your new bike

congrats on the track bike!
I had my eye on that bike for a little while but failed to pull the trigger
how was the test ride?
was the bike as advertised?
any surprises?
please keep us posted on your track day adventures with your new bike

I didn't get out for a test ride on it, but it meet my maintenance requirements and I rowed it through the gears on the stand and there where no issues with the clutch or the transmission.

The bike was as advertised, I had a phone conversation with the seller earlier when I was first looking at it and he told me the maintenance and tune up performed. His story didn't change at all this time and there were even a few nice things not included in the ad. The race body work has some bumps and bruises but that was told to me.

I would say there weren't any surprises but who knows what will shake out when it gets to the track.

I'd say all in all for the $1000 I have into it there shouldn't be too many large issues and it'll be good value for my dollar. Over the next little while I will degrease the bike and get it looking as good as possible. I'll probably load it on the trailer sometime soon as well and find a large lot to try it out a little and see how things are in that regard.

I will keep people posted as best as possible in this thread.

If all you're going to do is de-grease it and go track it then please post in advance your first track day. I want to make sure I'm not there just in case something 'shakes out' as you put it on the track.

You might want to get a service manual and start doing maintenance tasks before you give it the beans on a track.

Technically an F3 is 95-98 so it could/should be vintage eligible already.

technically there were changes to the F3. In 97 there were minor internal engine changes aimed at reducing friction and weight, therefore A 97 or 98 WOULD NOT be legal this season (2016).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom