When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive??? | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive???

$38k? Hope that includes all taxes and fees, otherwise that's robbery for a Sport.
Also, no changes except for different colours for 2017. Hydro Blue is going away, new colour called Gobi is added. Engine and driveline options are the same for '17. Refresh isn't happening until 2018.

38 was on the road, out the door for a Sport S with a few options added on. Tow package, Nav, Black out package etc...

I like the "sand" color for 2017. Looks almost like Flat Dark Earth and would match a few of my precision rifles. Haha

I like the "sand" color for 2017. Looks almost like Flat Dark Earth and would match a few of my precision rifles. Haha

As soon as I saw the '16 Mojave Sand colour in person, I drove my '14 Dune in to my dealer and traded it. LOVE the new colour.

6jR5gbvn69Dllv4wCgsvmrKKoxj0lqNTEXXoercsyLjqqho5d-pwATCR2SgU-JuX1i16RG1ttCl2Fnt4Ka-JQpZR2f-4EhHcltbWy97I3d2vIGo0YoKAK6wl7oKrG_CpGfkButp5jYY-_KBvz5IHmsVsOapkb65GddypsJmMSCy4jzxlX6LTOnKlfscG6-B3_xFnv5OO_7mCVEt9IuO86r10sV0z4-vhJdCvt_KcQpltA6gTniIjLsbIwXp9D8lIohRqU-KkQXpHcoKEdb8ceFtC_NI0ncFtip60tHKZJQ67YRHYmwhM2jIUXfZD8RlrF6f66Fg1PaWY7Uy5621vlC0mjcq4g2fNaP2xYxh8nDM2FB9FsJXB31_zsrusA5WiujXSx5hnUjkrseI8bqTEhhvkBLb4FVf6kw66p8RcvRZ1V-HAWd1mLcbEUHKxFCG8kB1LHmmdOUkLKj1D24k2GOyl7CvzXNEfXFBxxXsQSgIInts7v4hPMAG2pV_IKM0fNHafVOspjbfbrSODQnuauzsyv4_GOYH46phrM9AGzX1vT2WrJIkHhGuQsoBYNASbW8RXPs91juP64nL6xnephZd7WopQE_Q=w1600-h1065-no

38 was on the road, out the door for a Sport S with a few options added on. Tow package, Nav, Black out package etc...

The tow package is a ripoff. All you're getting is 3.73 gearing (which you should get, and that's a $125 option, at list price), but you're paying something like $500 for a hitch/receiver - which you can get from Quadratec for about $100, including a receiver plug, and a plug and play wiring harness. Takes 20 minutes to install, including having a beer once you're done.

Also, don't get the 430N unless you get the Alpine audio. The Alpine system in the '15 and newer Wranglers is quite good- a HUGE step up from the woefully inadequate '13/14 system. If anything, get the Alpine audio with the base 130 head unit, and just replace that afterwards with a Kenwood DNX693/893, or Pioneer Avic 5200.

Not sure what the 'blackout' package is- but it's not a FCA factory option. Looks like the dealer is charging you a pile of money to plastidip a bunch of stuff black. Do it yourself, and save the money.

PM me if you have any questions.

As soon as I saw the '16 Mojave Sand colour in person, I drove my '14 Dune in to my dealer and traded it. LOVE the new colour.

6jR5gbvn69Dllv4wCgsvmrKKoxj0lqNTEXXoercsyLjqqho5d-pwATCR2SgU-JuX1i16RG1ttCl2Fnt4Ka-JQpZR2f-4EhHcltbWy97I3d2vIGo0YoKAK6wl7oKrG_CpGfkButp5jYY-_KBvz5IHmsVsOapkb65GddypsJmMSCy4jzxlX6LTOnKlfscG6-B3_xFnv5OO_7mCVEt9IuO86r10sV0z4-vhJdCvt_KcQpltA6gTniIjLsbIwXp9D8lIohRqU-KkQXpHcoKEdb8ceFtC_NI0ncFtip60tHKZJQ67YRHYmwhM2jIUXfZD8RlrF6f66Fg1PaWY7Uy5621vlC0mjcq4g2fNaP2xYxh8nDM2FB9FsJXB31_zsrusA5WiujXSx5hnUjkrseI8bqTEhhvkBLb4FVf6kw66p8RcvRZ1V-HAWd1mLcbEUHKxFCG8kB1LHmmdOUkLKj1D24k2GOyl7CvzXNEfXFBxxXsQSgIInts7v4hPMAG2pV_IKM0fNHafVOspjbfbrSODQnuauzsyv4_GOYH46phrM9AGzX1vT2WrJIkHhGuQsoBYNASbW8RXPs91juP64nL6xnephZd7WopQE_Q=w1600-h1065-no

What front bumper and fogs are those?
Looks sweet!

The tow package is a ripoff. All you're getting is 3.73 gearing (which you should get, and that's a $125 option, at list price), but you're paying something like $500 for a hitch/receiver - which you can get from Quadratec for about $100, including a receiver plug, and a plug and play wiring harness. Takes 20 minutes to install, including having a beer once you're done.

Also, don't get the 430N unless you get the Alpine audio. The Alpine system in the '15 and newer Wranglers is quite good- a HUGE step up from the woefully inadequate '13/14 system. If anything, get the Alpine audio with the base 130 head unit, and just replace that afterwards with a Kenwood DNX693/893, or Pioneer Avic 5200.

Not sure what the 'blackout' package is- but it's not a FCA factory option. Looks like the dealer is charging you a pile of money to plastidip a bunch of stuff black. Do it yourself, and save the money.

PM me if you have any questions.

I've recently discovered the Just Jeeps website store.
Tow hitch package for $140 and 20 min install, hells yeah.
All the stuff on there is similar to factory options and 1/4 the price ...surprise, surprise.
Jeeps seem super easy to wrench on as well which is awesome.

What front bumper and fogs are those?
Looks sweet!

Mine is a 75th Anniversary Edition, so it comes with the Powerdome hood, and the front and rear steel winch-ready bumpers (same as the Rubicon Hard Rock edition).

Mine has a bunch of aftermarket stuff- the headlights are a TRS Sealed7 D2S HID retrofit, and the fog lights are Morimoto XB LEDs. It should be illegal to ship Jeeps with the crappy H13 halogens that they come with.

Yes, these things are pretty easy to work on, but you can get carried away, too. I had something like $8,000 worth of stuff waiting to be installed even before the factory started assembling my Jeep. Now I know why everyone says 'Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket'. Still, worth every penny. There is no better vehicle for the Canadian climate.

Know what you mean.
I had wheels, tires, suspension, intake, exhaust, blow off valve, and gauges already waiting in the basement a week before i picked up my Genesis

You guys needs to understand that the reason to get the tow package is not just for the hitch, the oil and gearing that is build for jeeps with the tow package is different. So unless you are prepared to change your differential and also the oil plus add a hitch and all the work then go for it.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Tow package is strictly the hitch and receiver.
The 3.73 gearing is a separate option.

You guys needs to understand that the reason to get the tow package is not just for the hitch, the oil and gearing that is build for jeeps with the tow package is different. So unless you are prepared to change your differential and also the oil plus add a hitch and all the work then go for it.

Tow package is strictly the hitch and receiver.
The 3.73 gearing is a separate option.

Yes and no. When you order the tow package, the 3.73 gearing is included with the Sport and Sahara, available as an option separately for $125 otherwise. 3.73 gearing is standard on automatic Rubicon models, 4.10 are standard with the manual gearbox.

There is no difference in the shocks, differential mechanicals (other than gear ratio), differential fluids, etc. You get 85W140 gear oil in the rear, and 85W90 gear oil up front. I changed out all of my fluids to full synthetic after a 1,000km break-in. Ridiculously easy on the Wrangler, and cost $75 to replace it all with Royal Purple.

Buy the 3.73 gears, but pass on the tow package. Get the identical hitch and receiver aftermarket for a fraction of the price. The 3.73s are better if you plan to do any towing, want to get bigger tires, etc.

was highly recommended to add a tranny cooler if you have a auto, the 2dr auto apparently is known to run warm when towing.

I added the Canadian hitch 2" reciever ($109.00) and the hitch city plug in 4 prong( $35.00) and I'm good to go, but I dont pull heavy loads or often.

was highly recommended to add a tranny cooler if you have a auto, the 2dr auto apparently is known to run warm when towing.

I added the Canadian hitch 2" reciever ($109.00) and the hitch city plug in 4 prong( $35.00) and I'm good to go, but I dont pull heavy loads or often.

Nobody buys a Wrangler to tow- get an F150 or similar if you're towing heavy and/or regularly. The 2DR (JK) is only rated for 2,000 pounds (due to the short wheelbase), and the 4DR (JKU) is rated for 3,500.

I only tow a sport bike or two on an open trailer, no boats or anything - so it does what I need. I suspect it'll be enough for most trackday folks, but not ideal for towing larger trailers, large boats, etc.

Thanks for all the info guys!
I'd only be doing track day bike towing. 2000lb capacity is more than enough

Yes and no. When you order the tow package, the 3.73 gearing is included with the Sport and Sahara, available as an option separately for $125 otherwise. 3.73 gearing is standard on automatic Rubicon models, 4.10 are standard with the manual gearbox.

There is no difference in the shocks, differential mechanicals (other than gear ratio), differential fluids, etc. You get 85W140 gear oil in the rear, and 85W90 gear oil up front. I changed out all of my fluids to full synthetic after a 1,000km break-in. Ridiculously easy on the Wrangler, and cost $75 to replace it all with Royal Purple.

Buy the 3.73 gears, but pass on the tow package. Get the identical hitch and receiver aftermarket for a fraction of the price. The 3.73s are better if you plan to do any towing, want to get bigger tires, etc.
I agree with what you said.

So yesterday was a dead pedal so my left foot doesnt get bored, a gas filler door cause it looks good and grill inserts because i drive a lot of highway and those big grill gaps are just asking for a rock into the rad.
Next are mirror relocation kits so the doors can come off and possibly the cowl vent scoop which is supposed to be better airflow for the AC.

I'll be looking at a K&N cold air intake system and a freer flow dual exhaust once the warranty is up. I dont change anything from mechanical from stock till the warranty is over, I dont need the service guy arguing about how my air intake wrecked my tranny.........

I was denied warranty for driveshaft bushings on my car because the dealer told me my intake and exhaust added too much torque over oem levels...

Back
Top Bottom