Anyone else out still riding on the nice days? | Page 31 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone else out still riding on the nice days?

Had the usual people pulling out in front of me without looking, always invisible even with bright LED's.

I'm putting DIY headlight modulators on both our bikes come the spring. I'm most worried about the wife, being her first year riding and all, not expecting that sort of crap. Don't want her falling prey to the left turn of death in particular.

I'm putting DIY headlight modulators on both our bikes come the spring. I'm most worried about the wife, being her first year riding and all, not expecting that sort of crap. Don't want her falling prey to the left turn of death in particular.

I really don't think anything will help, if you are not looking you are not looking. Hard to miss my incredibly white bright LED headlight and foglights. Long straight road, car rolls to a slow almost stop then gases to turn left right in front of me. The best thing to teach a new rider is to be aware and always watching. Had I been day dreaming I would have smacked right into back of the mini van.

I agree awareness is key, but drawing attention to yourself never hurts...and a flashing light attracts attention.

Red tail lights in the distance vs a fire truck with flashing red emergency lights in the distance....what do you notice first?

Anyhow, this is a topic that's been hashed out a million times and has a million different opinions. All I know is that as a professional driver who drives more distance in a few weeks than what many drive all year, bikes with headlight modulators get my attention immediately vs the million other headlights out there that just blend in. For me, based on my personal experience alone, that's all the justification I need.

Flashing your headlight means go ahead and turn, doesn't it?

Came down by train yesterday and I've only seen one bike out! What gives?

Came down by train yesterday and I've only seen one bike out! What gives?

I was out today, it musta been me! Didn't see any other bikes. Nice day, very comfortable.

via Tapatalk

I have something that needs a test ride. Could be this afternoon.
You're such a tease!

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Big decision this morning......Ossa or Yamaha today?Going to be a bunch of fun with about ten of us.

I have something that needs a test ride. Could be this afternoon.

Done. I had gone through the engine of my cbr125 last fall including new piston rings. Today was the first ride after the rebuild, an easy one, to break in the new rings. I rode to the forks and back, all is well. I saw a couple other bikes ride past.

I got out for a 80km rip today too. Saw one other bike near Milton.

An unbelievable year for riding... March will be here soon, and the season that never ended will continue!

Got out for a ride today. Will probably do so again tomorrow..and then wash the bike.

Saw one other rider in Bowmanville, and one guy in Home Depot who spotted my helmet at my side and stopped to talk to me, also a rider, but seemed to think I was crazy riding this time of year despite it being 11 degrees out and sunny.

Rode to work yesterday, chilly first thing in the morning. Hey Motley the rack worked out great.

mO7GpNL.jpg

I couldn't turn it down. Got out for a nice spirited rip on the bike for about 90 mins.

I couldn't turn it down. Got out for a nice spirited rip on the bike for about 90 mins.

Same here for about an hr... back under cover again though.

Back
Top Bottom