who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon

They are getting good traction in the US, the value there is hard to argue. It probably not winning Dakar in the next couple years, but 99% of the buyers are not thinking Dakar.

I'm very interested to see how those bikes perform for you.

I bought a one year old Konker KSM200 on a whim. Its built in china in the same factory that suzuki makes their small chinese domestic market bikes as well as the drz 125 or so I was told. That was about 4 years ago. The quality was not great. The inverse forks had discolouration already (stored outside by previous owner) and the bottom of them was cracked. A few spokes broke and the bike would overheat quickly if ridden over 100kph. I bought it in late fall and gave it a test ride at near 0 temperatures and it still overheated. It also had some electrical issues. Needless to say, I got rid of it quick.

In my opinion Chinese products have been improving quickly and quality really depends on the manufacturer. I'm curious to see how this new crop works out for you and am hoping that you get many great years of riding from them!

Shongzen has been making motors for major marques for 20 years - they currently produce 4,000 engines a day. I was fascinated by the CG motor history.

I was more concerned about the frame and it seems pretty solid.
Weak point might be front shocks but already there is modding ala CB500x. Rear nitrogen shock seems straightforward.

Sizeable tank on a 250 reduces range anxiety....goes further than the kids Fz8

I think the mix of CSC "what riders want" input plus Shongzen's willingness to change things up is a good mix...motor sure seems durable by design.
My KLR650 keeps going and going - sometimes simple works. Kid is looking forward to the 250 for a cheap commuter and some off pavement fun.

That will be the test - he's hard on bikes.
My staff is a featherweight so his will last years as he's good on maintenace.

Those threads on ChinaRider and ADVRider are invaluable. I'd certainly see it as a fine learner bike tho maybe not so much in the GTA where maybe underpowered.

Last edited:
Those threads on ChinaRider and ADVRider are invaluable. I'd certainly see it as a fine learner bike tho maybe not so much in the GTA where maybe underpowered.

I'm going to predict as the GTA just gets more clogged, the insurance for young newer riders never gets better, and something a millenial has a hope of oiling the chain on will eventually sell here. Majority of bikes in large urban centers around the world are not 160hp rocket sleds.

I was thinking these things were way under powered with the power of a CBR125R but that's the TT250 version. This one is apparently 25ish HP? That should be sufficient for the most part although I'd prefer a touch more for a higher highway cruising speed but if you don't speed as much as me it should be fine for most people.

Does the RX3 have the same USB port and 12V accessory port that the RC3 has? I'm also confused why the RC3 has a reluctor ring on the rotor as if it has ABS but I don't think it does?

Spent 4 days in a Chinese minivan/SUV type thing in Peru and it was pretty decent. After we took it offroading in the desert (despite it not being offroadish at all and doesn't even have AWD) it was not the same as the first day. Lots more squeaks and rattles. Hopefully these Chinese bikes are more durable than that vehicle.

So how are the bikes running?

To be honest, after hearing these bikes came with levers not installed, missing handguards, and needing the fuel filter replaced, I'm kind of expecting the first ride report to be like this:

giphy.gif

You'd be wrong but they are not insured yet so we can't offer a road report - there are lots of others reporting tho.

They don't install the levers to prevent shipping damage. The levers are on the cables and all wrapped in bubble wrap against the bars.
If you actually read the forums you'll see any issues and if you look at the youtube vids they certainly are not falling apart.
One fuel filter leaked and they sent us two....all else has been fine - staff has gone over them both thoroughly.

The only issue seems to be stiction with the front forks and we checked ours for alignment but afail there was no issue. You'll hear when we get them on the road

To be honest, after hearing these bikes came with levers not installed, missing handguards, and needing the fuel filter replaced, I'm kind of expecting the first ride report to be like this:

giphy.gif
Lol nice gif

giphy.gif

How is it not an instinct to tuck and roll? 99% of people are idiots.

I think the tuck into a ball and roll around in pain bit came right after the gif ends.

natural instinct is to stick out your hands to protect your head/brain. Use good gloves!!!!!

.....oh, and a helmet.

Finally got insurance sorted....got love the insurance companies...glacial hardly covers it...

this is the Australian version

[video=youtube;Rs-nvN7aAgk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs-nvN7aAgk[/video]

[video=youtube;ztfTtNDRIqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztfTtNDRIqY[/video]

Last edited:
Re: who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon & TT250

Any updates on this bike? Have you been riding it? Should I buy one and store it with family in California for vacations?

Both bikes are waiting for their riders to go to the ministry for plates...both are insured ...just logistics....
I'm in Australia at the moment

I'd say it's a good deal and in California you can just pick one up.

Well... not that I was looking for it, but not all the reviews for this bike are quite as glowing as Mac suggests:

at 6:56: "I hate to say this, but I've ridden thousands of miles offroad on many different offroad bikes, and I've never ridden a bike that loses control so suddenly and catastrophically. So much so that I don't really feel that this bike is safe for offroad use.... "
and then he goes on to describe how easily the rims were totalled, the engine guard bolts pushed through, etc etc etc.... it seems like you get what you pay for with this bike -- or perhaps less than you pay for:

[video=youtube;sTJkVl-Ll9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJkVl-Ll9c[/video]

Different bike ....do pay attention. Anyone that takes the RX3 into any single track off road needs to have their head read.

But do keep up the nonsense ....it's a starter bike at a low cost ...deal with it.

Not like the Strom doesn't have its share of warts for anyone taking it off road including bent rims, crushed crash bars ..and it's a pig to pick up.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/20942-broken-cracked-bent-rims.html

..it's not a DR.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom