Your best moment riding 2015 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your best moment riding 2015

inreb

Site Supporter
What is your standout moment, the moment when you realize how incredibly lucky you are to be doing this?
The very best moment came on a gravel road heading north to the Creemore area. Sensational weather and scenery. Crested a hill, start charging down the other side. What's that way up there on the left? Wow, a long haired lass in a floral dress, country style. She cocked her head. She hears me coming. She's going to wave as I pass, no if ands or buts. I passed her at speed, her timing impeccable as she raised her arm and twirled her hand like the Queen of England. Gawd she was gorgeous. A great moment on a great day:cool:

Watching my daughter Beth learn what a clutch is and how to do little wheelies.I'm having a 1976 Yamaha TY175 built right now for father/daughter playrides.
11817194_10156007782760657_5382661036251236743_n_zpsalp8bwbu.jpg

When I went to the Forks for the first time on my bike and met @inreb & his pants.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Lot of memorable riding in 2015 ...west coast and Rocky mountains for the first time - especially with my kid. 3 very memorable weeks...even snuck into a corner of Alaska.

But a standout was coming north from Richmond a week ago under a perfect blue sky and the colours were fabulous - crisp and sharp and 22 degrees out.
I recapped the entire fall from barely turned trees to glorious to bare and brown coming north.

More to come ....three nice riding days coming up....Dover for fish then the Erie shoreline to Niagara. Looking forward to it.

This and thankfully my sister inlaw caught it on camera

and then seeing this picture after was the cherry on top

Riding highway 60 through Algonquin this fall was mine. It was an amazing ride that made me feel lucky to be a rider!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Entering the 401 from Allen Rd. North. Was really cooking the corner. Got to 401 and the traffic was hell on wheels.
Slow dude ahead of me was pissing me off. He pulled into traffic near the end of the acceleration lane. I thought I was going to have to pull in behind him.
Then an opening appeared about three cars ahead. I lay on the throttle, the howl of the mighty RC had me smiling. Then the front wheel started lifting up and I was headed toward the guard rail, I corrected and was doing a nice wheelie very close to the guard rail, I kept the front wheel up and swerved into the slow lane still on the back wheel.

Check my mirror, and a kid in the passenger seat saw the whole thing and had this look on his face.

That my friend was a great moment.

This and thankfully my sister inlaw caught it on camera
CC723731-54C8-4CC4-93B4-4300932BC482.jpg

and then seeing this picture after was the cherry on top

CONGRATS.....beautiful family, you sir are a winner all around the smile on your sons face is precious

Last edited:
Sadly, no tangible riding highlights, but this was the first year I did not spend a penny on maintenance.

Riding to Ottawa in June and taking Perth Rd. north from Kingston.
A great road and a great ride.
I'm glad I listened to the person who suggested it.

My wife's first trip riding on her own and we went to Prince Edward Island.

Highway 9N, Kancamagus Hwy and Fundy National Park were some of the highlight roads we went through

Did not really get out much this year, been a busy season work wise. Probably the lowest km year I have had in a long long time. I did enjoy picking up my 2015 BMW GSA, turned a 1 hour ride home into a 4 hour cruise through dirt roads on quiet country roads. Next year hoping to head out to Colorado and the North rim of the Grand Canyon so hopefully something better to report then.

Getting back on 2 wheels after a tumultuous few months, knowing nothing will stop me riding.

also, **** cancer.

Hrm. You'd think it would be this moment:

20150929192324-6689cd90-me.jpg

(#2 step)

But no, actually it was this moment:

20150518160446-384885a7-me.jpg

And all the moments like it.

SOAR round 5 combined Vintage/Femme race was a blast. And being in the VRRA invitational support class for CSBK at Calabogie - that whole weekend was a blast.

Taking 4 race wins and an overall championship this season. The moment every time I got that flag.

Solo 30 day tour through Vietnam on a $280 Chinese knock off Honda Win 110cc. To many moments while there to select just one.

Vietnam Photo.jpg

Street:
At the top of Whiteface in NY State.
12105966_10152933957676191_348731508753713112_n.jpg

Race:
Winning our Endurance Race after 3 rounds of clutch issues.
11214081_10152887243041191_7640124679438353134_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom