Jeep Interested GTAM'ers | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jeep Interested GTAM'ers

Tbh I only tried it once to go to grand bend beach. There were 4 of us. We could barely speak without shouting and no music. Hopefully the polyfil will help with the music.

Ooohh, that Bluetooth sound system doesn't sound so badazz now!! :)

And in response to the excessive bulb changes... I dunno. When they turn black and stop blinking I just put in a new one and driveeeeeee lol

It improves the sound of the speakers by what I judge to be about 70%, it takes that hollow toc toc sound into a deep bass. What the polyfill does is slows down the sound waves for a deeper sound. I thought it was BS until i did it.
Tbh I only tried it once to go to grand bend beach. There were 4 of us. We could barely speak without shouting and no music. Hopefully the polyfil will help with the music.

Last edited:
Ooohh, that Bluetooth sound system doesn't sound so badazz now!! :)

And in response to the excessive bulb changes... I dunno. When they turn black and stop blinking I just put in a new one and driveeeeeee lol
Lmao only sounds nice when I talk about it. Not so much when I actually use it.

Thanks zx600 again for the polyfil. I was go out and buy new speakers and give that a try. This makes a lot of sense. Did you do the sound bar and front speakers or only soundbar? You figure jeep engineers could of fixed this since 2008

Oh man you guys. Big news. I just ripped out the centre console. 2 torx screws and 1 10mm bolt. Took it in the garage and ripped out the sub enclosure, with blow sub. Put the console back in and now gonna pick the wife up from work. lol new sub will hit her before she knows it, literally. :D
PS she hates loud music

Lmao only sounds nice when I talk about it. Not so much when I actually use it.

Thanks zx600 again for the polyfil. I was go out and buy new speakers and give that a try. This makes a lot of sense. Did you do the sound bar and front speakers or only soundbar? You figure jeep engineers could of fixed this since 2008
I did the sound bar and the front speakers, the front speakers are a pain in the *** to do but look it up on youtube, there are some good videos guiding you step by step. I got the polyfill from the pillow section at Walmart.

They do that so that you upgrade to the premium sound system and let's be honest, the Jeep is cheap compared to other cars so they have to save the money somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, an improved piece of crap is still a piece of crap, so the best solution is always to upgrade but I am satisfied with the sound that it produces.

Last edited:
I did the sound bar and the front speakers, the front speakers are a pain in the *** to do but look it up on youtube, there are some good videos guiding you step by step. I got the polyfill from the pillow section at Walmart.

They do that so that you upgrade to the premium sound system and let's be honest, the Jeep is cheap compared to other cars so they have to save the money somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, an improved piece of crap is still a piece of crap, so the best solution is always to upgrade but I am satisfied with the sound that it produces.
Well I hear even the premium sound system isn't the greatest and still could benefit from this mod. I'll try the sound bar first since it'll take 10 mins.

BTW I just got 458km last tank. Most ever. When we fist filled up it only went 340km a tank.

Oh man you guys. Big news. I just ripped out the centre console. 2 torx screws and 1 10mm bolt. Took it in the garage and ripped out the sub enclosure, with blow sub. Put the console back in and now gonna pick the wife up from work. lol new sub will hit her before she knows it, literally. :D
PS she hates loud music
Lol ya back when I was living with my parents and had a garage to work in I'd be ripping stuff out when I was bored. Sometimes good idea sometimes not. Lol

Well I hear even the premium sound system isn't the greatest and still could benefit from this mod. I'll try the sound bar first since it'll take 10 mins.

BTW I just got 458km last tank. Most ever. When we fist filled up it only went 340km a tank.

How big is the tank?

85 liters including the reserve. I got 458km right as the reserve light turned on
Oh, here I was thinking that's not so bad and about what I get on my Outlander. But that's on like 43L, lol.

The biggest gain is at the front.

lol my jeep has 72
Oh, here I was thinking that's not so bad and about what I get on my Outlander. But that's on like 43L, lol.

Wrangler crowd has been cock teased for a long time with North American diesel.

They in fact make them, for export.

The diesel grand cherokee and liberty were auto only.

I know in theory a diesel manual Jeep should exist but I've never seen one for sale.

Holy crap.. I just did the math on that and I would get 443 KM's out of the same sized tank in our 12 year old mule. Granted, I have been living the Jeep life for the last few years and know exactly how fast you can cook through a tank of fuel if you really want to. Maybe your guys wallets are just a little fatter so you are still hammering it down. :D

So yeah, the wife has no idea that the sub enclosure is ripped out. I've got plans online already to build a new one out of MDF that will go right back in the original location. Gonna get an 8" shallow mount sub driven by a 300W amp and then upgrade the other 4 speakers as well. Gonna get the materials to build it tonight or tomorrow I think, Home depot is right around the corner from my house.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/8-sub-console-project-pics-inside-257123/

This is the exact project right here. Do you guys have a similar (stock) subwoofer setup??

Wrangler crowd has been cock teased for a long time with North American diesel.

They in fact make them, for export.

The diesel grand cherokee and liberty were auto only.
That's what I figured. Too bad. I thought my Outlander wasn't doing too well for fuel economy (about 12L/100 km) but from the sounds of it it's doing a lot better than these things.

Jeep guys compaining about fuel economy...that's cute

lol, nobody is complaining yet. These guys are too rookie. :) Their Jeeps aren't even busting yet, and I swear I saw daisoman say something about "Jeep engineers fixing something since 2008" ... lol, how about 1958?? Pretty sure the guys that engineered your new shiny Jeeps are these guys here.. the same guys as 50 years ago. :) http://image.toutlecine.com/photos/s/p/a/space-cowboys-2000-03-g.jpg

I just looked up the numbers last night, and I am only down 25 ft-lbs of torque compared to these brand new ones. I thought that he was going to say he got that many km's out of the same 60L tank that I have.

Last edited:
I was very well aware of what I was getting into when i bought my jeep and I haven't regret it once yet.
Jeep guys compaining about fuel economy...that's cute

I was very well aware of what I was getting into when i bought my jeep and I haven't regret it once yet.

Oh wait, just a second.. I think we are reading it wrong. I think maybe he is talking **** since he drives a big chugger V8 Chevy Avalanche, and he is calling us pussies. :)

Back
Top Bottom