Getting stuck behind a Harleytrain | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting stuck behind a Harleytrain

As a parade of one on a Harley who is over 50 I frequently cross over the line to scare the hell out of young sport bike riders. Keeps 'em on their toes and teaches'm not to get too haughty.

As a parade of one on a Harley who is over 50 I frequently cross over the line to scare the hell out of young sport bike riders. Keeps 'em on their toes and teaches'm not to get too haughty.

LOL! I'll be the guy who flashes across you and hits your kill switch. :)

True. You don't need to give them excuse to pull you over.

The big problem is that when you pass someone you tend to exceed the speed limit to get the job done then slow down to the limit. It minimizes your time in the on-coming lane. It also puts you over the limit.

There is a sweet spot for a setup in these cases. If the cop is only a few under the limit you can bear it. If he is way under you can execute a pass without exceeding the limit. Then there is the sweet spot.

Get behind a train of Harley Trikes on a nice curvy road in PA, you'll want to walk alongside offering words of encouragement.

Been there. Myself and a group of friends got stuck behind a harley parade on BRP last year. There was a motorhome ahead of them doing 10-15 under the limit that we could all have easily passed, but the harleys wouldn't.

We ended up splitting into their pack and bunny hopping them a few at a time while they honked and cursed at us.

The psychology of critical mass. If you break up the pack by leap frogging or forcing them to stop for cross traffic or other traffic laws they no longer have the show of force / intimidation factor.

They remind me of the local daycare where the little children have to hold hands and walk in a line when they go to the park.

Doesn't teach anyone anything. Just perpetuates the stereotype that Harley riders can't ride worth ******!

a7943ad0e2ba9444cd9ac3c674fbb8c5.jpg

Speaking of Harley and trains... I noticed one on the 401 about a week ago getting passed by a CN train out towards Whitby. I was passing him and glanced over to wave and notice that both the train and me were faster than him! Was worth a good laugh!!

Long lines of cruisers are fun to pass though. I like the farm tractor reference up above!!

People are too chicken to pass a cop. Leaving the second person to pass two, the third three and so on.
More and more diminishing returns.

At that point it's almost always better to wait until the traffic opens up again, or find a more "interesting" route.

You also have to understand that many cops also have the "Me first!" mentality - but the difference is they can make your day a very bad day.

They're no different than people on their cell phone while driving... Wait a sec, nevermind, they're professionally trained to use their equipment and phones while driving.. :rolleyes:

You need to redline that bike

Get behind a train of Harley Trikes on a nice curvy road in PA, you'll want to walk alongside offering words of encouragement.

Too funny ..... They are frequent obstructions in the States . I hate to break into their formation as I leap frog through but I just wave and make sure I don't stop too close to my interaction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True. You don't need to give them excuse to pull you over.
I make sure to give them a reason! It's fun to watch them disappear in the mirrors!

Doesn't teach anyone anything. Just perpetuates the stereotype that Harley riders can't ride worth ******!

eh, if you're "stuck" behind a parade of cruisers while on a sportbike you're probably not a better rider than them anyway.

just make your way through...give 'em a wave of apology if you scare any of them, that's what I do

View attachment 37117

something I found.. Just saying. 2 sides of the coin. Nearly taken out bike a sport bike a year ago when he passed me at supersonic speeds in the same lane. And I was doing 130 on the 401 near Mccowan.

Last edited:
eh, if you're "stuck" behind a parade of cruisers while on a sportbike you're probably not a better rider than them anyway.

just make your way through...give 'em a wave of apology if you scare any of them, that's what I do

Not so easy to do on real twisty road with a double yellow line...unless you have a death wish!

Back
Top Bottom