Found my bike on the ground today. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Found my bike on the ground today.

js2021

So tonight,

I had just come home and decided to park on the street around 9:30. My brother was working out in the garage so i didn't park it inside at the time as i was heading out later.
Long story short when my brother finished working out he saw the bike on the ground and called me.
It was hit hard enough to bend the stand and tip it over, i have quite a bit of damage, bent bars fairings scratched and broken, tank dented, and more...

I called the police to report the accident, a officer came and she said "I don't think a car hit it", I'm not sure what else could have hit it hard enough to bend the stand and tip it over.
So she didnt write a accident report but wrote a police report saying property damage etc.

What am i to do from here. Its a Triumph Datyona 675r 2010.

parts are not easy to come by for this bike, and anything you order seems to come from England and take a month.

I don't want my insurance to go up, would this affect my rate in the future if i was to claim it?
I am with state-farm.

I'm not sure but that really sucks I feel for you not a good way to end your night hope you figure it out good luck

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

yeah ill call insurance first thing in the morning, see what they say. ill post picture tomorrow showing the damage if I can, i still think a car had to have hit, it how else does the stand just bend. Cop tried saying kids may have knocked it over. Its not ride-able so ill have to see if i can get it towed to my mechanic. hopefully all works out with insurance and i dont see an increase. Its clearly not my fault, i wasn't even near the bike.

I don't want my insurance to go up, would this affect my rate in the future if i was to claim it?
I am with state-farm.

The police report indicates that the damage was not the result of a collision for which you would be considered at fault. No at-fault collision should mean no impact on your rates assuming you have the appropriate collision or comprehensive coverage on the bike.

Parts for that bike are actually very easy to come by.
Lots of dealerships in the area who can get most parts within a week at most.
I've got a 2009 model with lots of spares, as I run it at the track. Kijiji it. eBay it. Lots of parts available.

Either way, get an insurance quote on damages. Do a buy back and replace the parts yourself for less.

Last edited:
in a situation like this even though there was no collision can insurance still increase your premium due to the claim?

GP Bikes in Whitby deals with Triumph. If you can't find parts in the city, I would give them a call. I think they even have free delivery for over $100.

Your insurance should not go up since the police say it wasn't a collision. It will go under your comprehensive as vandalism. You pay the deductible, that's it. If you haven't had any other claims you shouldn't see any increases, this time. Next time it will go up.

Your insurance should not go up since the police say it wasn't a collision. It will go under your comprehensive as vandalism. You pay the deductible, that's it. If you haven't had any other claims you shouldn't see any increases, this time. Next time it will go up.

Thanks,

no this is my first claim.

I am on a different car insurance policy as-well not with state-farm, what if any impact will it have on that?

Thanks,

no this is my first claim.

I am on a different car insurance policy as-well not with state-farm, what if any impact will it have on that?

As far as i know, comprehensive does not follow you.

Your rate depends on your record AND public stats. Comprehensive claims will add to the pool of everyones rate.

Just make a claim pay the deductible and get back to riding. The cop might be right this is likely a vandalism.

Comprehensive claims do not affect your rates. You are actually lucky they reported it as such. You will have to pay your deductible, though.

Does Two Wheel in Guelph sell Triumph? Tyler (their GTAM rep) has given me really good prices on Aprilia parts. They usually beat the US prices from AF1 Racing (maybe their prices aren't great but I dunno where else to get RS125 parts in the US since it's a track only bike down there).

Last edited:
I'll post pics in the evening after work, thanks for the input guys. Really helped me understand the whole process and ease my mind. I'll call up the insurance company soon and keep you guys posted as to what happened.

dang, sorry to hear this OP.

One reason I have an alarm system in my bike is not for theft, but if the bike is hit while parking, maybe someone will look and see whats going on, take down a licence plate, and maybe enough to stop the hit and run driver from running. Also the pager system would let me know too.
Check ebay for parts. Ive got a few things on ebay for my bikes over the years

Get well soon bike.

Seriously that sucks. A daytona too. It's even worse when they're pretty

=( I feel for you...

I rarely commute with my GSXR anymore because I can't concentrate on work; end up going out to check up on the bike every hour for reasons like this thread.

Parts for that bike are actually very easy to come by.
Lots of dealerships in the area who can get most parts within a week at most.
I've got a 2009 model with lots of spares, as I run it at the track. Kijiji it. eBay it. Lots of parts available.

Either way, get an insurance quote on damages. Do a buy back and replace the parts yourself for less.

Thank you. I can't stand the Triumph hyperbole. If GP can't get it within a week there's a supply issue.

Back
Top Bottom