I rearended a lady!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

I rearended a lady!!

Seej95

Help!!

Her damage: Slight scratches on rear left bumper

My damage: More severe scratches on right front bumper, and very minor scratch on fender. Also it looks like
Here are some photos of my car.
*The extremely minor scratch between the bumper and fender at the most outer edge, closest to the wheel is from a different incident where a lady backed into the front right bumper/fender of my car. It was my first situation where someone had hit my car, and since she kept blaming it on me, yelling at me, wouldn't give me her information & drove off (I got it all on video as well), I was told to file a claim by my ex-gf's police woman mother, and it concluded that she was 100% in the wrong... I still haven't gotten my repairs as I have one year to do it from my claim date, and am still finding the time to do so...

Anyways, the situation now seems very laid back and I am not all that stressed. Insurance companies are not getting involved and she wasn't a ***** this time. The lady from the current incident asked me to pay her $500, but I suggested she get an estimate and a receipt for her extremely minor bumper scratches, and I'd pay her the amount. How much do you think it's going to cost for her damages???*

Also, looking at my damages, how much do you think it's going to cost for my car damages excluding the claim damages?
Should I get the current incident repaired first, and than get my claim damages repaired? or the opposite way around?

IMG_1279.JPGIMG_1277.JPGIMG_1276.JPGIMG_1275.JPGIMG_1274.JPG

* I know this isn't about motorcycles, but I'm still new to do this stuff, and this is the only forum with honest individuals I felt I could turn to.
Sorry guys!

Last edited:
Any time a body shop gets their hands on a vehicle, you are talking big money. They will repaint the entire bumper and that will easily be 500 bucks.

If you decide to pay her out, make sure you get her to sign a document so she can't come after you for additional funds.

Re: Help!!

Should have given her the 500 lol my father in law got rear ended and all you could see were 2 small marks barly visible from the licence plate bolts. Every shop he took it to wanted $700+ to respray the bumper. The other driver paid so he didnt care anyway but bodywork is crazy expensive in the gta.

She was extremely kind to me, as I was late for work and I had been saving up for motorcycle insurance, and this was a big hit to my plan... She was really touchy to...
Anyways, I just texted her saying "I apologize again miss... Will $500 do?" and she responded " Yes, that will do... Don't worry".... She kept emphasizing "don't worry"... I think I was really freaking out at the incident...

not what I expected this thread to be about...disappointed.

BUTT cracks me up.

Why is this on a motorcycle forum in the motorcycle section?

Ya you are looking at at least $1000 for anything minor these days

Nah, it's still only like $400-500 to paint a bumper.

not what I expected this thread to be about...disappointed.
Its cause you're too ANALytical.

Ive had work done on front and rear bumper for a lot less than that. Just gotta know which shops to go to. Having lived in brampton in a past life (about 2 years ago) ive had my deal of dumb drivers who I've made pay cash.

How do you know your insurance system isnt working? People are paying cash.

Should have given her the 500 lol my father in law got rear ended and all you could see were 2 small marks barly visible from the licence plate bolts. Every shop he took it to wanted $700+ to respray the bumper. The other driver paid so he didnt care anyway but bodywork is crazy expensive in the gta.
Agree 100%, just had the exact situation to the letter. I told her to give me $350 and we will call it even. I'm not getting it fixed BUT that is my option. It is 2 more marks on my bumper then I started the weekend with.

What does this thread have to do with motorcycles????

Minor scratches can cost you a lot. Especially when they are put there after rear ending someone. Don't tell anyone. Pay the $500 and hopefully you can find a cheaper way to rear end another nice lady and be happy about the outcome.

Ps. Make sure you dont have any scratches yourself. Evidence of getting into a rear ender will cost you much more if you have a significant other.

Last edited:
Sometimes what appeared as "extremely minor" to the eyes can actually be moderate damage. Cars nowadays do not have bumpers that they used to 10 years ago. You think it's cosmetic, but the fender can be cracked because the cheap plastics do very little to absorb the impact.

$500 sounds reasonable (actually a deal) consider even if she is to just repaint the bumper, she'll have to leave the car overnight. A typical cosmetic repair job can run as low as $350. Consider the extras paying for the inconvenience.

Minor scratches can cost you a lot. Especially when they are put there after rear ending someone. Don't tell anyone. Pay the $500 and hopefully you can find a cheaper way to rear end another nice lady and be happy about the outcome.

Ps. Make sure you dont have any scratches yourself. Evidence of getting into a rear ender will cost you much more if you have a significant other.

Brilliant!

giphy.gif

..and Seej95 next time try Backpage.com

Why is this on a motorcycle forum in the motorcycle section?

Nah, it's still only like $400-500 to paint a bumper.

Wrong. Most places wouldn't turn on the machine for less than $500+.

OP.. you're on the hook. You did the damage, don't complain about the bill. She doesn't owe you any favours.

FWIW, I scraped my neighbours car once. Scuffed/scratched the front quarter panel and a few scuffs on the side door (10 inches). $1800 (i was getting quotes upwards of $2200). Generally speaking, it takes considerable effort to paint a car and color match it to the rest of the car. If you go cheap.. it's going to look off and you can tell it's been repainted.

Wrong. Most places wouldn't turn on the machine for less than $500+.

OP.. you're on the hook. You did the damage, don't complain about the bill. She doesn't owe you any favours.

FWIW, I scraped my neighbours car once. Scuffed/scratched the front quarter panel and a few scuffs on the side door (10 inches). $1800 (i was getting quotes upwards of $2200). Generally speaking, it takes considerable effort to paint a car and color match it to the rest of the car. If you go cheap.. it's going to look off and you can tell it's been repainted.
Well last time I rear ended someone it cost me $400 to have her bumper painted. That wasn't even the cheapest quote. Her highest quote was only like $550. That was last year.

Well last time I rear ended someone it cost me $400 to have her bumper painted. That wasn't even the cheapest quote. Her highest quote was only like $550. That was last year.
I'll have to file this under /unicornsightings

Back
Top Bottom