should i go with a liter | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

should i go with a liter

I wasn't insulting 1000's. I'm aware that they're fast. What I'm saying is a 750 stock does near a 10 flat quarter. Change some sprockets and you're past the 10 second mark. It's not like 1000's do 5's.

That's the point. The quarter mile speeds your are quoting as close are ALL up top. The 1000's have a massive power boost at lower engine revs compared to a smaller engine. No need to rev for huge thrust.

Sprockets won't get a 750 under 10 seconds, not even close.

The he fastest time I've seen for a stock 2014 GSXR 750 is 10.45 with a professional rider aboard. Half a second in the quarter is a BIG distance in a race.

I understand the difference I was just pointing out that people are making 1000's sound like they run 6's and they do not. They are in the high 9's stock. How they make the power to get there isn't really relevant. They're faster yes but not like moped vs s1000rr kind of difference was all I was saying

1000 is the only way to roll. Trust me. You need a liter bike in your life at least once. They're ******* magnificent. You can read numbers and specs all day but nothing describes the jump in power over a paltry 600. Ride a 6 after a 1 and you'll think you're on a sewing machine.

Talk like that actually scares me.

If you scared, liter bikes aren't for you old man

i suddenly feel the need to put my 15 yr old No Fear tshirt on.

im even now thinkin o may buy a mid 2000's literbike rather than new.. like a 06 or 07 GXR 1000 then keep my 600.

Decisions, decisions... No matter what we all desire a litre bike deep down. Don't we?

The litre bikes don't scare me, the talk does. It reminds me of back when every year the MX magazine testers had to find new and innovative ways of describing how much more powerful and fast the new crop of open class mxers were. Ever had your arms ripped out at the sockets? It's on the bucket list.

Good. You'll respect it and live to really enjoy it. Go for it.

I learned to respect the speed/time/space envelope via throttle after my first brush with the garden fence. Yes, I'd love to try a litre bike as I feel it's unfinished business but also realize anything above 110hp is just a pointless thrill ride. A taste? Sure, why not.

Pointless thrill ride.

Um. Yeah dude. Motorcycle.

Pointless thrill ride.

Um. Yeah dude. Motorcycle.

Good counter point. I guess if the point is to enjoy the thrill of massive power then I guess you need massive power. Point taken.

If there was a drawback to the liter bikes over 600s then I'd understand. But the 1k does it all better.

If there was a drawback to the liter bikes over 600s then I'd understand. But the 1k does it all better.

I'll take your word for it, not much convincing needed. Nobody can question the competence of todays modern rolling chassis but for street use it seems the serious 600 needs to be wound up and the 1000 needs to be harnessed with electronics. Probably because these bikes go hand in hand with supersport and superbike racing series the world over. Would a torque biased 150hp 1000 engine in a supersport chassis be a better and still insanely fast street bike? I say yes. So I will revise to anything above 150hp is a pointless thrill ride ymmv.

Perhaps a litre bike is not for everybody. Never mind the peer pressure.
No matter what you ride, from a scooter to top end sports bike, enjoy it.
Had a Gf I used to follow on her 250, was fun. Then she upgraded to a Honda Shadow 750. The fun never stops. No matter what you ride.

It is not about showing off, peer pressure, it is about the ride.

V12 or V6
Go big or go home honky!

Damnit, after selling my SS and getting a slow porker i'm ITCHING to jump back into the speed saddle. DAMN YOU PEOPLE.

except turn
What? my 1000 turns much better than what my 600 ever did. The extra power allows you to be more smooth and when you enter a turn smooth you are able to turn better and not upset your suspension.

Of course a pro in a 600 will turn better than an Amateur in a liter bike, but put the same person on each bike and they will turn better on a liter bike.
Now if you are talking flicking the bike from side to side maybe because it is lighter with a smaller rear tire.

Last edited:
What? my 1000 turns much better than what my 600 ever did. The extra power allows you to be more smooth and when you enter a turn smooth you are able to turn better and not upset your suspension.

Of course a pro in a 600 will turn better than an Amateur in a liter bike, but put the same person on each bike and they will turn better on a liter bike.
Now if you are talking flicking the bike from side to side maybe because it is lighter with a smaller rear tire.

A lot of it has to do with the actual rotational mass inside the engine as apposed to the physical weight. A 600 will turn in easier but it doesn't mean it turns "better".

Back
Top Bottom