should i go with a liter | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

should i go with a liter

If it came down to it and insurance isn't the factor then personally I wouldn't be looking at anything other than the new s1000rr.

Those get top marks. Very speedy as I understand it.

Yes I picked up a 2014 Yamaha R1 on special last week. It's in a crate waiting to be opened up in April. :)

Last edited:
I have had all kinds of bikes between race prep 600's, currently have a race 1000 GSXR and a gsxr 750 for the street as well as street 600's and 1000's. To be honest, all of them are a pain in the *** in the street so I just got myself a Fz09, all kinds of speed and torque and much more fun for street rides including commuting.

Also, the GSXR750 is a lot closer to the 600 than to a liter bike, you get a bit more power but honestly the difference isn't that much

However, if you still want one, I can sell you my 2010 GSXR :)

Just my opinion

Last edited:
I have had all kinds of bikes between race prep 600's, currently have a race 1000 GSXR and a gsxr 750 for the street as well as street 600's and 1000's. To be honest, all of them are a pain in the *** in the street so I just got myself a Fz09, all kinds of speed and torque and much more fun for street rides including commuting.

Just my opinion

How do you find the suspension on the FZ09. I was seriously looking at that bike before I got the R1. Top 3 I was looking at were FZ09, Duc Streetfighter and BMW S1000R naked bikes.

Main reason I got the R1 is cuz I got a smokin deal on both the Bike and insurance. Otherwise if insurance didn't pan out I was strongly considering FZ09 for value and fun factor.

How do you find the suspension on the FZ09. I was seriously looking at that bike before I got the R1. Top 3 I was looking at were FZ09, Duc Streetfighter and BMW S1000R naked bike
Main reason I got the R1 is cuz I got a smokin deal on both the Bike and insurance. Otherwise if insurance didn't pan out I was strongly considering FZ09 for value and fun factor.
I just got it and only rode it once so i can't really judge the suspension.

The riding position however is fantastic and the power is just ridiculous, the pick up feels like my GSXR 1000, the FZ9 suspension won't stay stock too long anyways.

Those get top marks. Very speedy as I understand it.

It's more than speed for me personally. It's a looks things, electronics package. The power is just an added bonus. There's no question that if they have a good year and no major issues the 2016 will be in my garage.

I agree with zx600 also on the 750 being closer to the 600. It's the same light package with some added power. So other than straights it should be more fun I would think on the street. The difference from it to a 1000 is up top and not anything you should be able to use on the road anyways.

I just got it and only rode it once so i can't really judge the suspension.

The riding position however is fantastic and the power is just ridiculous, the pick up feels like my GSXR 1000, the FZ9 suspension won't stay stock too long anyways.

Cool. Most of the reviews say great things about the bike. All that bike for the price brand new is pretty awesome. Congrats!

Also, the GSXR750 is a lot closer to the 600 than to a liter bike, you get a bit more power but honestly the difference isn't that much

Just my opinion
this is why i didnt end up buying the 750 last year. to be honest i should have grabbed it based on what i was going to pay, i could have flipped it and more than doubled my money as long as the title was legit as the seller claimed.

Budget for Rear Tires if you go the Litre route.
i run PP3's on my 600rr and got front and rear at riders for $230 last season +tax and install was about 3 ish i think..
i know the 190 rears cost a bit more, maybe 10 or 20 bux.

1 tire for my truck costs more than a pair for a bike.

now, budgeting for mods... thats a whole other story.
will need a bazzaz Z-FI TC with QS, k&n, spyder grips, new exhaust (currently running akra and love it), a few pulls on the dyno, flush mounts,integrated tail, and a new windscreen, and some pazzos
that looks like a good starting point... :)

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, what do you need the Z-FI TC for?
i run PP3's on my 600rr and got front and rear at riders for $230 last season +tax and install was about 3 ish i think..
i know the 190 rears cost a bit more, maybe 10 or 20 bux.

1 tire for my truck costs more than a pair for a bike.

now, budgeting for mods... thats a whole other story.
will need a bazzaz Z-FI TC with QS, k&n, spyder grips, new exhaust (currently running akra and love it), a few pulls on the dyno, flush mounts,integrated tail, and a new windscreen, and some pazzos
that looks like a good starting point... :)

If you don't mind me asking, what do you need the Z-FI TC for?
im currently running the Z-FI with Z-AFM but if you get the Z-FI TC it use to come with the QS.(havent looked it up this year).. you get more for your money, and i can use my Z-AFM with all makes and models of bikes as long as its running a bazzaz system and has a wideband bung in the exhaust.

i know programming the TC is suppose to be a big pain, and to be honest, ide probably just buy the Z-FI again, not the whole Z-FI TC with QS but we will see.
i imagine the TC would be amazing in the rain though, which i got stuck in a lot last season..

also with the literbikes i doubt i would go wit a Akra exhaust. dont know what i would go with but some sort of shorty that has a removable baffle, or if its a undertail like the r1 ide be looking at Toce. i want to be able to hear it a bit but not crazy loud....and def not 2 bros...not a fan of how they sound.
i just dont like anything stock...

Last edited:
I run the Z-FI TC on my 1000 and i guess my question is why do you think you need it? I mean if you have an extra 1k laying around there are many other things to spend the money on a street bike.

im currently running the Z-FI with Z-AFM but if you get the Z-FI TC it use to come with the QS.(havent looked it up this year).. you get more for your money, and i can use my Z-AFM with all makes and models of bikes as long as its running a bazzaz system and has a wideband bung in the exhaust.

i know programming the TC is suppose to be a big pain, and to be honest, ide probably just buy the Z-FI again, not the whole Z-FI TC with QS.
i imagine the TC would be amazing in the rain though, which i got stuck in a lot last season..

I run the Z-FI TC on my 1000 and i guess my question is why do you think you need it? I mean if you have an extra 1k laying around there are many other things to spend the money on a street bike.

need it? probably not. but i sure wouldnt mind trying it, if im going to go through the hassle of installing the bazzaz Z-FI and AFM with possibly the QS i might as well just put the whole ting in and have TC for the same price..

just looked it up... bazzaz base unit is $350, QS module is $490 alone, but the Z-FI TC with QS built in is $860...so its actually only $20 more to buy the whole thing and have the TC.
im not entirely sure if i even want ABS on my next bike. ive never had it before. ive locked the rear wheel a few times over the years, just skid through it.

but the technology is here now, its suppose to work and work good. why not give her a try. but ya that is just about a grand for that Bazzaz system especially after the Dyno pulls.

Last edited:
The difference from it to a 1000 is up top and not anything you should be able to use on the road anyways.

Umm no. A lot more power EVERYWHERE. Pulls much harder from tickover and can chug around in the same gear instead of constantly changing gears like on a 600/750. That extra midrange really makes a difference on the street (and I much prefer it).

Umm no. A lot more power EVERYWHERE. Pulls much harder from tickover and can chug around in the same gear instead of constantly changing gears like on a 600/750. That extra midrange really makes a difference on the street (and I much prefer it).

+1 million. 1000s are much less peaky than 600s

well before i make any sort of decision im going to demo a couple.
i may have scored a day off work for the bike show this weekend. and i booked a day off for the one in march.
i dont know if thats a good ting ofr a bad thing considering its going to be full with salesmen and me already half ready to hand over the money...
if i see a good deal i may grab it, but really want to do some demos first.

im definitely going to re-gear the cbr600 before the season starts, and give it a fresh tune.
that should hold me off till demo days start.

winter is really evil... it makes me spend a crap load of money on bikes and parts every season...
and i still want a new lid, boots and maybe leathers this year.

Last edited:

I wasn't insulting 1000's. I'm aware that they're fast. What I'm saying is a 750 stock does near a 10 flat quarter. Change some sprockets and you're past the 10 second mark. It's not like 1000's do 5's.

Back
Top Bottom