Moto Guzzi or Ducati? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moto Guzzi or Ducati?

A 22 litre plastic tank. Not sure if Guzzi solved the problem by now but the early V7 tanks (especially if painted black) would crumple inwards when the weather became hot.
A PLASTIC TANK? r u FFFFFFF******in' serious??? lol someone tell me he's joking.

i did read about DEFORMED tanks before though... Ducati and a lot of other manufacturers had this issue for some time. i think they all figured it out by now!

Last edited:
Pretty common, most manufacturers that went to plastic tanks have/had issues with tank deformation due to the crappy ethanol fuel we get here in North america.

but wait. why the hell is the MSRP of a 2015 V7 is 8690 and the Vaughn dealership sells their 2014 for 9600?

That's the Vaughan premium we charge to outsiders.
Also, I like the bolt simply because it seems not too many other people do.

That's the Vaughan premium we charge to outsiders.
Also, I like the bolt simply because it seems not too many other people do.

i like the bolt for the same reason
and you can keep your Vaughan to yourself. don't need it

The Bolts tank looks tiny. Looks can be deceiving though.

i know it sure is tiny! lol that's actually what made me think about other choices

What about a used CB1100? Good looks, power, comfort, reliable. I know new is out of the price target.

What about a used CB1100? Good looks, power, comfort, reliable. I know new is out of the price target.

too much power and price for what she wants. she's not into power. she wants style and usability. she uses it also to commute to work more than 7 months of the year. it's aso a heavy bike.
not for her. personally i think it's overpriced for what it is. good bike though

Triumph Bonneville?

LOL! don't go there plz! she likes it too but here is the problem i have with the Bonnie: the guzzi looks 10x better than the Bonnie... last time i checked they started making them in Thailand and started adding so many cheap looking plastic parts to it. it's yet more expensive than the guzzi. base model SUCKS. the suspension on the base model sucks ***. sorry. didn't like it myself. not gonna recommend it to my girlfriend when i know there are better choices... it's only a legend as much as people want it to be.

you're on the right track though thanks for your suggestions i do appreciate it.... just not gonna fly... now if u said the SCRAMBLER, i'd say HELL YEAH! haha BUT! too expensive again for her budget! lol

The guzzi in nice but underpowered and buzzy (only a 5 speed transmission) the new one we will get in 2016 is supposed to be much better, engine and transmission wise. The scrambler has a nice 6 speed but will be over geared like most Ducatis (not enough revs to use 6th under 140) at least my gf's 796 monster is like that as was my 1198. The classic scrambler looks awesome with the chrome fenders and spoked wheels and would be my choice.

Given all the criteria, I'd agree with Scuba Steve.
Scrambler it is, it's fun spending other people's money.

it's fun spending other people's money.
isn't it? LOL

if we go with the scrambler it'll have to be the base Icon model. and the problem i have with that one: NO FUN FOR ME IN THE GARAGE... no parts yet. no info yet. nothing! it's freakin new! lol

Has your girl sat on the Ducati Scrambler? It may be too tall.

The guzzi in nice but underpowered and buzzy (only a 5 speed transmission) the new one we will get in 2016 is supposed to be much better, engine and transmission wise. The scrambler has a nice 6 speed but will be over geared like most Ducatis (not enough revs to use 6th under 140) at least my gf's 796 monster is like that as was my 1198. The classic scrambler looks awesome with the chrome fenders and spoked wheels and would be my choice.

Easily fixed with a 14tooth front sprocket the 796. But ya I agree I rarely use 6th.
Ramtin I believe the scrambler already has parts out, I'm pretty sure there is a termi kit for it.

I personally would love the scrambler too. Cause I could ride it as well! HA!
And it's got like 5 or so more HP than my er6n! Insurance though! Maybe We should get a quote on one.

A PLASTIC TANK? r u FFFFFFF******in' serious??? lol someone tell me he's joking.

i did read about DEFORMED tanks before though... Ducati and a lot of other manufacturers had this issue for some time. i think they all figured it out by now!
Lots of bikes have plastic tanks. Mine does. Never had a problem with it.

That Ducati Scrambler is a cool looking bike. Probably fun around town and back roads, but dirt? Even light duty dirt, are you serious? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The V7 sounds like heaven, and looks the best given the options. It's price is good too. It is light, and very easy to manage with a low seat height. It is slow. But it is fast enough to fill the roll the bike was built for, and gets great fuel economy. The Guzzis are known for being indestructible and owner-serviceable-even valve adjustments are very quick and easy at home.
That said, the new Scrambler is pretty awesome too, except for it's abortion-of-a-tailsection.

That Ducati Scrambler is a cool looking bike. Probably fun around town and back roads, but dirt? Even light duty dirt, are you serious? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ill show you how you do dirt on a scrambler
come and watch ;)
It's called "scrambler" for a reason!

Back
Top Bottom