whole-food, plant-based diet? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

whole-food, plant-based diet?

I forget what tiny country it was but they did have an amazingly low cancer rate. It still was pretty unbelievable. The diet IS likely very healthy, though. It's mostly to do with the "healthy fats" and the fact that they have a lot of fresh veggies and a large variety, which means everything in moderation, like someone else said.

One of the key factors that's prevalent among all cancers are stressors for the individual. The stress levels of the average populace correlate directly with reported occurrences of cancer. I have a feeling that the stress levels of people on a small island living off of the local produce/whatever vary from the hectic, 9-5 world of places like the GTA. (i.e. http://www.stress.org/stress-and-cancer/)

Anybody who have met me would never guess I'm my age. I look horribly young. Never eat processed sht & while growing up a snack was what you picked from a tree.

It probably helps that I have good genes, what can I say? I patting myself on the back

Anybody who have met me would never guess I'm my age. I look horribly young. Never eat processed sht & while growing up a snack was what you picked from a tree.

It probably helps that I have good genes, what can I say? I patting myself on the back
Also: Asian.

Your age goes, 24, 25....then Bam! you look 60.

Also: Asian.

Your age goes, 24, 25....then Bam! you look 60.
Lol, I've passed all the above age & still look 25.

Me & my bro popped in a bar at Jackson Hole. First thing that came out of the dude's mouth was... can I see some ID?

I haven't been carded in decades....still don't look my age though. It's not at 60 it catches up...more like 70 or 80.

You are on point every single time in this thread..... Seconded both these posts.

Yes, generally you want to avoid stuff like pop (pure sugar), a ton of trans fats, etc. But generally diet matters for health and body composition in this order:

1. Calories In VS Calories out.....70% of the equation
2. Macronutrients (Fats vs Carbs vs Protein).......20% of the equation
3. Micronutrients (vitamins, fiber, etc.), types of fat (saturated, trans, etc.)...........7% of the equation
4. Processed vs Nonprocessed, organic, aspertaine, etc. ........2% of the equation
5. Everything else .............1%

If you jump straight to #4 you are basically wasting your time

Sums it up well!

I didn't read anything in this thread, but just wanted to say that I f'n hate Kale! thanks, bye.

I will ask Dr. to measure bone diameter next visit.
I am going to find some organic cake and organic brownies.

Is Joe Bass like a Jimmy Dean's?

Lmfao, just when I thought I was making a name for myself...

I didn't read anything in this thread, but just wanted to say that I f'n hate Kale! thanks, bye.
What's kale? Sounds like a super hero

For a guy that avoids healthy food like the plague, I found the Kale superfoods salad mix pretty tasty.
Been many good points here. One thing to add about the Mediterranean diet is that I feel many reports/news etc., do not take into consideration the entire lifestyle: In addition to eating real food, they walk more, they work less, they spend more time outdoors....these things all need to be done, imo, for the "diet" to really have impact.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

take into consideration the entire lifestyle: In addition to eating real food, they walk more, they work less, they spend more time outdoors....these things all need to be done, imo, for the "diet" to really have impact.

Too bad this "lifestyle" may not be economically sustainable...ie bankrupt :confused:

For a guy that avoids healthy food like the plague, I found the Kale superfoods salad mix pretty tasty.
Been many good points here. One thing to add about the Mediterranean diet is that I feel many reports/news etc., do not take into consideration the entire lifestyle: In addition to eating real food, they walk more, they work less, they spend more time outdoors....these things all need to be done, imo, for the "diet" to really have impact.

Oh and have someone else pay for all your stuff.

"The Canadian Biotechnology Action Network (CBAN) has launched a major public investigation to dig behind 20 years of uncertainty around genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in food and farming in Canada. The project will be called GMO Inquiry 2015."

Story HERE

"Does milk really do the body good?" Story HERE

the milk has been beat to death whether its good/bad to consume but the GMO story above should have been investigated thoroughly well before these "enhanced" foods were o.k'd to be made/planted.

"The Canadian Biotechnology Action Network (CBAN) has launched a major public investigation to dig behind 20 years of uncertainty around genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in food and farming in Canada. The project will be called GMO Inquiry 2015."

Story HERE

"Does milk really do the body good?" Story HERE

the milk has been beat to death whether its good/bad to consume but the GMO story above should have been investigated thoroughly well before these "enhanced" foods were o.k'd to be made/planted.

Beat to death only by those who actually look into it, the masses are still grossly uneducated when it comes to dairy and GMO.

I remember a poster on the wall of a naturopath I visited-- how humans are the only creatures that drink milk after infancy and the only creatures that drink the milk of another animal.
If I had the willpower, I would consider a raw food diet, or at least rotate a raw food detox into my routine. Anything I've ever seen, or people that I have talked to swear by it. IBS, weight issues, gas -- just some of the ailments said to have been alleviated by this form of eating.
Back when I found out I was diabetic, I was waiting on the birth of my son, and decided to make changes. I cut out McDonalds and most other fast food. (McDonalds completely -- it was 2x a week minimum) I started cooking at home and going to the gym. Slowly over the next few years, I lost about 40 lbs, with 40 to get to my doctors ideal weight (20 more to my goal). Then $h!t fell apart. The gym visits stopped, the better eating (I wouldn't consider it "healthy", just better) stopped and the weight, stress, ailments increased.
At the very least for health I would think real foods (love my garden), moderation and exercise is a good plan.
One last thing to add, a friend of mine was vegan for years, but found her hair was thinning among other things. She added organic red meat back into her diet, and I've never seen her mood, or hair look better. This may just be an isolated instance, but just an FYI

Back
Top Bottom