Fun Kijiji Experiences | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fun Kijiji Experiences

Some buyers don't realize you don't owe them ****.

At the end of the day my philosophy is whoever has the money gets my sale.

And apparently you can sympathize with me because you ended up giving the truck to another guy who was a little more quick to the trigger.

Made the mistake years ago of promising car to offer by phone. He shows up, was willing to pay asking. Another guy shows while he was looking, offered $500 more, and had cash in hand. First guy says that I already agreed, which I did. So I turned 2nd guy down. Then things got eff'd. He asked me to drop it off, and then tried to give me $1k less, said he didn't have the money. I said eff this and started to leave. Magically, the rest of the cash appeared. Lesson learned--it's not yours until the cash hits my palm. That's how I sell everything now. *thread hijack* Also how I do lotto at work. Amazing how many people want to get you Monday for Friday's Lotto Max. I tell them no problem, but if we win, I get their share. Again, that money somehow appears.

I had my HF folding trailer up for sale this fall, complete with plywood, wheel choke, spare tire, spare tire carrier and 10 forged eyebolts. Overall, spent more than $700 on parts, taxes and all, plus the countless hours to run for parts and put it all together. The kit itself is only USD300 but that is just the tip of the iceberg, so asked for $450 and was willing to sell it for $400.

One day I got a message noting that the kit is $300 at HF with the 20% discount is $240 and considering that my trailer is used, how much? I replied asking if he were to buy the trailer from me, how much would I still owe him? Never heard from him.

The thing about that is that, as the overpriced bikes thread shows, most people don't give two ***** about another guy's upgrades, no matter how much they cost.

There are some upgrade packages that are generally worth a lot of money, but even in those cases, expecting to find buyers who will recognize that is tough. That's why there are always suggestion to return things to stock and sell the upgrade parts separate. But that doesn't always work (your trailer sale, for example).

Made the mistake years ago of promising car to offer by phone. He shows up, was willing to pay asking. Another guy shows while he was looking, offered $500 more, and had cash in hand. First guy says that I already agreed, which I did. So I turned 2nd guy down. Then things got eff'd. He asked me to drop it off, and then tried to give me $1k less, said he didn't have the money. I said eff this and started to leave. Magically, the rest of the cash appeared. Lesson learned--it's not yours until the cash hits my palm. That's how I sell everything now. *thread hijack* Also how I do lotto at work. Amazing how many people want to get you Monday for Friday's Lotto Max. I tell them no problem, but if we win, I get their share. Again, that money somehow appears.

To avoid that conundrum, I typically just prioritize people on who is willing to meet, cash in hand ready to purchase on the date closest to the present date. Me personally, I would have given the truck to whoever had cash in hand because anyone could offer 500 dollars more and then back out of the deal. Unfortunately for you no one had cash in hand so you were in an awkward position. Me personally, I would have said whoever goes to the bank and gets the money first has the truck. Other than that, talk is cheap and I'm not going to prioritize any of them on some contract which isn't bound by the law but by etiquette.

Reading fail.

Reading fail.

Don't be mean.
Boots, 2nd guy did have cash, but I felt like I was obliged to give it to the first guy because of verbal agreement. This was before the days of Kijiji and I wasn't thinking straight as I was letting go of my lowered, tinted, pimp Accord, for my first minivan.
Btw, I was still pimp in the minivan.

Don't be mean.
Boots, 2nd guy did have cash, but I felt like I was obliged to give it to the first guy because of verbal agreement. This was before the days of Kijiji and I wasn't thinking straight as I was letting go of my lowered, tinted, pimp Accord, for my first minivan.
Btw, I was still pimp in the minivan.

Oh f that would gave the guy the truck instantly

Oh f that would gave the guy the truck instantly

Live and learn. That's why when the offer if $800 was in my hand on the second minivan, and the $1k offer was on the phone. Just took the 8 and was done with it.

I agree with some of the responses. Your always going to get low ball offers. So I always price a little higher. They "talk me down" I play it off like they won, and at the end of the day they tell their friends they got a steal of a deal and I got what I wanted the whole time.
Just posted my trailer last night. Suppose to be meeting him in the next couple hours. So let's see if we get the no show kijiji guy or the true to his word kijiji guy....

Hate selling on kijiji. I don't reply to 60% of the emails I get.

I'm in the middle of a kijiji deal right now where I'm buying something. Add was posted on Tuesday. I send my reply "when is a good time to come see/buy the item?" His reply "well I'm out of town until Saturday, what is your offer?" we agree on a price and he will send me his address on Friday. Add has been removed. We will see if I get a reply.

Best kijiji deal so far. Neither one of us wanted to waste anyones time.

I agree with some of the responses. Your always going to get low ball offers. So I always price a little higher. They "talk me down" I play it off like they won, and at the end of the day they tell their friends they got a steal of a deal and I got what I wanted the whole time.
Just posted my trailer last night. Suppose to be meeting him in the next couple hours. So let's see if we get the no show kijiji guy or the true to his word kijiji guy....

It's such BS though. I mean I do the same thing but only cause people are idiots. You should know what you're buying and if the price is good. A good deal is a good deal, regardless of if you bargained or not. I've said this before but you could list a Ferrari for $1 and some idiot would still show up and try to offer you 50 cents.

It's such BS though. I mean I do the same thing but only cause people are idiots. You should know what you're buying and if the price is good. A good deal is a good deal, regardless of if you bargained or not. I've said this before but you could list a Ferrari for $1 and some idiot would still show up and try to offer you 50 cents.
Cash bro. CASH!

My kind of kijij buyer:

Those that bring their wives. I initially thought that would be a bad thing, as the ball and chain would second guess any "deal" they get, but combine those buyers with a 30 minute commute to my local bank/gas station, and they're the best deal-closers ever!

"You're asking 200? here's $100".
>>Thanks, but I have another buyer for $180. Commence packing up.

Dejected lowballer goes back into car to feel the wrath of 30 minutes wasted from wife.
"okok, her's $180".

Happy wife, happy life.

Back
Top Bottom