TD Insurance rate hikes? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD Insurance rate hikes?

my and my GF both have claims with them both not at fault
her claim is just over a year her car is still not fixed
mine is coming up to a year and my car is not fixed also

Story time

desjardins jacked my car insurance 350 more than last yr

Actually I am 25 this year, but I gotta wait until August, save about 40-50%, hard decision.

I just got my renewal from TD and my insurance went down by $100/yr. I shopped around, and Desjardin saved me an extra $300/yr. I ride a 1300cc cruiser.

These guys raised my premium in the MIDDLE of a policy year, because I got a minor speeding ticket. By $800! I was young, was paying $5400/yr for insurance back then. Now I am 24, happily committed to TD, but will be shopping soon since rates are increasing for no reason!!

There's not an insurance company in Ontario who wouldn't jack your rate immediately the same way, considering the profile you fell into back then. The risk became instantly higher .... That's just the way it is.

Wow, someday you will look back, and realize this was big money wasted.....

Weren't you in another thread saying you'd spend $30,000 to not be seen in a 2005 GM truck?

There's not an insurance company in Ontario who wouldn't jack your rate immediately the same way, considering the profile you fell into back then. The risk became instantly higher .... That's just the way it is.

TDMM said they won't, not until next renewal comes up. Just think about it, if I had tickets expired in the middle of the policy, would they lower my premium in the middle of the policy??

Of course not ..... There's nobody who will lower a rate midway, there's no pressure from the marketplace to do so.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Kinda meant your story. Pretty sure you'll be able to find a couple dozen ****** off people with any large compant

call up any body shop and just ask how desjardins deals with claims
they will all tell you the same story
god forbid you have an accident on a bike and your hurt
and they just decide to stiff you and you loose everything you worked for so hard
so why take that chance when there is so many red flags with this company

Kinda meant your story. Pretty sure you'll be able to find a couple dozen ****** off people with any large compant

Last edited:
and they just decide to stiff you and you loose everything you worked for so hard

Meh.

I guess I am going to lose everything I worked for ... Not sure what it means, but I guess it is what it is. The industry is regulated as much as anything else ... You have beef with two claims, I get it, but not everyone does. No different than other customers in other industries ......

Of course not ..... There's nobody who will lower a rate midway

Exactly. You finally got it.

My rate went up $400 this year. Some premiums went up, some went down.

I cancelled insurance, mainly because i am selling the bike and they wanted my insurance to renew starting February.

I will get insurance once i have my new bike. With same company.

Just got my renewal , I'm with TD and my premium went up $230 (from $890 to $1120). Fifty one years old on a ST1300 ,riding over thirty years with no accidents or tickets.

Up about $75 with Primmum. Called around and didn't find much better. Td was higher. TDMM was slightly lower by ~50 (~300 lower with car added but their car rate was much higher offsetting it). SF rate compared to last years is $400 higher. I'm waiting to see what my car/house renewals will be this year.

Back
Top Bottom