Anyone miss riding yet? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone miss riding yet?

油井緋色

Site Supporter
Those of you who read my trash talk moaning about life sucking will know I haven't been the happiest kid on the block for the last few months (and thank you for replying lol).

On December 27th (it was that 10 degree weekend), I reluctantly took my bike out due to a friend spamming me to do so. After heading out, to my surprise, I met up with 3 riders instead of 1. I noticed another good friend was with them......in his car. The second I showed up, we could tell he started convincing himself to dewinterize the bike.

The amount of joy, stupidity, and spirited riding that followed put the biggest smile on my face I have had in 5 months. I think I forgot how much happiness this damn sport gives me despite always raping my wallet...and to a certain extent, my health lol

Anyone else sneak a few rides in and/or missing the thrill yet?

Last edited:
**** no, winter hasn't even started yet!

Gimme three months of shoveling and then maybe I will have had enough. I really love Canadian winters.

**** no, winter hasn't even started yet!

Gimme three months of shoveling and then maybe I will have had enough. I really love Canadian winters.

Maybe if I got into boarding and became good at it I would enjoy it but I'm stuck at home playing video games!

Yes. Makes me miss my generic bike I didn't care about wrecking much. Almost daily I think about buying a CBR125R for a winter beater. Especially since we haven't gotten much snow. Bought this AWD SUV and have only had like one chance to actually have some fun with it in the snow.

Yes I miss it. It never used to bother me until the last two winters. I cry and hug my pillow every night for comfort :)

there are two types of people who own motorcycles: those that buy them to ride, and thats what they do. they are called motorcyclists.
those that dont go to tims because it might rain, take the cage cause its a bit chilly, spend more in cleaning products than maintenance products-they are called motorcycle owners

there are two types of people who own motorcycles: those that buy them to ride, and thats what they do. they are called motorcyclists.
those that dont go to tims because it might rain, take the cage cause its a bit chilly, spend more in cleaning products than maintenance products-they are called motorcycle owners

I don't blame ppl who hate rain riding. I hate it as well. Very hard to have fun when you have to be mindful of traction loss.

油井緋色;2260543 said:
I don't blame ppl who hate rain riding. I hate it as well. Very hard to have fun when you have to be mindful of traction loss.

Always thought that was the fun part... =)

Hells yeah!!!! I miss jumping on the bike after work and going out for an hour. But, winter makes me appreciate riding much more. Looking forward to next year though. Planning on going for some longer trips and not just a day trip. Maybe do some bike camping and see how that goes. I'm for sure looking to changing it up this year when the snow starts to melt.

As for riding in the rain, hasn't bothered me at all. You get wet, no big deal. Go home, maybe have a shower to warm up (maybe bring the GF or BF), change and go out later once the rain stops. Only concern I feel when riding in the rain is from the other drivers. If they hit the breaks hard or hydroplane, then I get a little nervous. So, to get over that I just keep some distant between myself and others. Basically slow down and move RIGHT. That's a hint for any left lane bandits that read this forum.

Always thought that was the fun part... =)

It was...until I had that oopsies where my bike spun 720 away from me in the rain :'( That was the first time I said sorry to an inanimate object.

I'll admit I wasn't being smart though lol

Careful with those broad strokes.

Not all of us "go to tims", some of us don't like riding in the rain because of safety and/or the amount of cleaning that needs to be done. Last time I went riding in the rain, I had to take all my fairings off to clean all the dirty water stains all over my fairings and inner chassis; this is addition to the giant "skidmark" up the back of my leathers (which contradicts your whole "spend more in cleaning products" dig). Some people might enjoy hours of cleaning after a ride but I'd prefer not to. I'm not riding for endurance, I am riding for my personal pleasure. And I've ridden plenty in sub zero temperatures... without any heated gear.

Not all of us "go to tims", some of us don't like riding in the rain because of safety and/or the amount of cleaning that needs to be done. Last time I went riding in the rain, I had to take all my fairings off to clean all the dirty water stains all over my fairings and inner chassis; this is addition to the giant "skidmark" up the back of my leathers (which contradicts your whole "spend more in cleaning products" dig). Some people might enjoy hours of cleaning after a ride but I'd prefer not to. I'm not riding for endurance, I am riding for my personal pleasure. And I've ridden plenty in sub zero temperatures... without any heated gear.
I can't say I've ever washed a bike after rain and never have a problem with a skid mark up my gear. I barely even take the fairings off for maintenance, if I can avoid it, never mind just to clean the chassis. I didn't even know cleaning the chassis under the fairings was a thing unless you're going to a show or something. If it's nice enough to do all that work I'd rather just be out riding. A little dirt and water marks isn't going to hurt your bike. Most I do is wipe it down occasionally if I think it's starting to look too dusty. Still get compliments on it all the time.

That said, I do avoid rain due to traction since I've had a couple close calls and one crash in rain. Although it was also only 5C the time I crashed and it was in my first year so that probably didn't help with the traction.

Inexperienced riders judge people a lot. I used to too, when I sucked at riding; the better I got, the less judgmental I became.

.....but if anyone is stupid enough to come up to me and tell me they hit the clover at 130km/h corner entry speed, I will rip them a new hole.

why do i have to be careful? last i checked opinions are free.
the chain, sprockets, brakes and lighting on my bike are clean because i dont compromise on safety. as to the rest of it i couldnt give a ....
if you dont like washing and polishing i would suggest buying a dual sport and powerwasher.
ride, rinse,repeat
this pic will give you nightmares

P1040879.JPG

When I was younger I would still ride as long as temperature above 4 degrees celsius. As I have grown older my back has started to give me problems especially in the cold. I envy my friend that lives just outside of San Diego California; he can ride whenever he wants.

When I was younger I would still ride as long as temperature above 4 degrees celsius. As I have grown older my back has started to give me problems especially in the cold. I envy my friend that lives just outside of San Diego California; he can ride whenever he wants.

I want to move down to California. I'm an software developer and obviously a rider. It is the perfect city for me to live in!

But I was the same. When I started riding 4 years ago, I went down to around -10. After I switched bikes...the salt corroding everything kept me away from riding in cold. There's also the issue of knee dragging + cold weather = not very merry christmas.

My rule of thumb is 10 Celcius or higher in the morning.

My rule of thumb is 10 Celcius or higher in the morning.

That's my line for switching between warmer gloves instead of summer gloves but now that there's snow/ice on the ground I just don't ride with this bike. If I had something more common I would.

Back
Top Bottom