Price Check

ZX600

Site Supporter
Last edited:
Re: Sell or not sell

I want to sell my 2010 GSXR 750

Details:
-60000 kms - I know right, the bike will explode soon with soo many kms
-It has small scratches on each side fairings from me sliding on sand under my feet while parked and dumping the bike in the most dumb ways (twice)
- Well maintained but wear and tear is present on a bike that gets used
- Not lady ridden
- Has seen drops of water
- M4 slip on will be on the bike
- Power Commander 5 with specific map for the slip on
- Gorilla alarm
- Fairly new Dunlop tires
- WIll include a yoshimura slip on
- Integrated fender eliminator
- No rim tape (sorry)
- Puig double bubble dark

What price would you guys consider to be fair?

This is not an add as I am not selling it yet, just have no idea what to ask for it since it has above average KMs as per GTA perception.

295711_10150313581906191_1516584321_n.jpg

Two yrs ago, I sold the exact bike, colour & yr with 4,000kms (four thousand) for $7K, never down & bone stock.
You should start out at about $9750.00.

Two yrs ago, I sold the exact bike, colour & yr with 4,000kms (four thousand) for $7K, never down & bone stock.
You should start out at about $9750.00.
?? that made no sense

I am thinking in starting at 5k

Last edited:

?? that made no sense

I am thinking in starting at 5k

I think what he is saying is that people will low ball you so set it above the price you are actually looking to get.

I think what he is saying is that people will low ball you so set it above the price you are actually looking to get.
I am looking to get around 5k - People can low ball as much as they want, it is up to me to play ball or not.

But I understand the point.

I guess I am just looking for honest opinions on what people would pay for it

$5k is a very generous price. If you have people law ballin' you on that you should stab them.

$5k is a very generous price. If you have people law ballin' you on that you should stab them.
We will see - I see new riders low balling because of the KM. Maybe someone interested in a solid track bike would be a good candidate.

We will see, It seems I am not crazy on my expectation - God I hate selling stuff.

Depends when you sell it. I got a 08 r6 with "6000km" for $4900 at Oct. Some damage almost like yours.

5K flat seems too low to me, but "2010" still sounds like it's brand new to my ears. I'm real slow to catching on to the passing of time

Do you still have the stock parts? The slip-ons, PC5, and windscreen ought to be able to put another $500 in your pocket if you sell them seperately.

?? that made no sense

That's how much I sold it for.
I know it's not sensible, but that's the reality. (and yes, ask more than you desire for your bike)
I just sold a brand new Busa 3 months ago for $10K. Now that made little sense (losing over $5K) but I needed to get rid of it.

There's two 2010 600's in the trader.
Same mileage. Dealer has one priced $3000 more than the private sale.
Make sense?

That's how much I sold it for.
I know it's not sensible, but that's the reality. (and yes, ask more than you desire for your bike)
I just sold a brand new Busa 3 months ago for $10K. Now that made little sense (losing over $5K) but I needed to get rid of it.

There's two 2010 600's in the trader.
Same mileage. Dealer has one priced $3000 more than the private sale.
Make sense?
I understand now what you are saying.

I guess I am of the school of asking for a bike what I want to get for it according to what I think is worth it - hate those games of over pricing it by a few k so that I can have room for low balls.

TO me the bike is worth a lot more, it is an amzing machine and I have maintained it properly with regular oil changes, front fork refreshing and valve adjustments but unfortunately I know that most riders only put an average 3-5 k a year on their bikes and 60k will sound to them incredibly high, so because of that I am thinking in pricing it at 5k.

Maybe I need to reconsider and expect more

I'd save you the troubles & take it off your hands for free

A friend is looking to buy a house right now, much like you she hates the silly I want this much and the back and forth. She said to me I am willing to pay say $250,000 so I will offer that and not a penny more. Both her agent and I advised her to offer 245,000, that way she leaves some room for the owners to come back with a counter. It is silly but it is human nature both parties have to feel like they "got something". This way she pays what she wants and the current owners "feel" they got an extra $5,000..lol

Now that doesn't mean if you want $5,000 for ti you need to price it at $9,500. But price it slightly higher to let the buyer "beat you down" and you'll both walk away happy.

I guess I am of the school of asking for a bike what I want to get for it according to what I think is worth it - hate those games of over pricing it by a few k so that I can have room for low balls.

TO me the bike is worth a lot more, it is an amzing machine and I have maintained it properly with regular oil changes, front fork refreshing and valve adjustments but unfortunately I know that most riders only put an average 3-5 k a year on their bikes and 60k will sound to them incredibly high, so because of that I am thinking in pricing it at 5k.

My bike has half that km and is spotless. I don't know how many people I have heard that think mine is high km and overpriced at $5800. I'd post yours at $5000 and take somewhere between $4500-$5000. I've had a few SS bikes at the 100,000km and have had zero issues. After about 60,000km most of the majors have been done and it's like a new bike (chain, sprockets, bearings, fluids, suspension ect.)

Asked 5500 for my 09 zxr with 40000km and some scratches on both sides. Only got 3 emails over the entire summer, 2 were ridiculous trade offers for ****** cars and one no-showed for coming to look. Might just have to wait until it explodes. Will ask 8000 in April.

My bike has half that km and is spotless. I don't know how many people I have heard that think mine is high km and overpriced at $5800. I'd post yours at $5000 and take somewhere between $4500-$5000. I've had a few SS bikes at the 100,000km and have had zero issues. After about 60,000km most of the majors have been done and it's like a new bike (chain, sprockets, bearings, fluids, suspension ect.)
This is what I am thinking

Last time when I was selling my bike:

- dealership offered me $2,950 as trade-in value
- posted on Kijiji for $3,400. Got all sorts of low-ball offer, most lower than what dealership was offering me
- got tired of the whole show & dance routine on Kijiji, pulled the ad, reposted with a few more pics for $4,300
- sold it for $3,800 at the end

So yeah... jack up your price. Someone will bite. Good luck selling.

Last time when I was selling my bike:

- dealership offered me $2,950 as trade-in value
- posted on Kijiji for $3,400. Got all sorts of low-ball offer, most lower than what dealership was offering me
- got tired of the whole show & dance routine on Kijiji, pulled the ad, reposted with a few more pics for $4,300
- sold it for $3,800 at the end

So yeah... jack up your price. Someone will bite. Good luck selling.

After saving the tax, the dealership offer was worth ~3350, was the effort worth $450?

Going to be a hard sell this time of year unless its a really good deal ($4000). It's worth 5-5500. We both know the high-km will scare people off. Setting a high asking price in hopes of offers isn't going to help much this time of year. List it at $6000 and deal with the usual low-ballers. Might get your $5000 on a quick sale. I sold my last GSXR in mint shape but with 55,000km and got close to asking price (listed fair but not low).

Back
Top Bottom