MotoGP 2015 | Page 38 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2015

Awesome races! Thanks for the torrents! Without these I'd never get to see the races.

Question for the more technically savvy. The audio lags the video when playing via my PS3. At the start of the race it's a few seconds behind. By the end of the race the audio is 1+ laps behind the video. Anyone else have this?

11541919_10153180712337562_9184971493744796199_n.jpg
You have too much time on your hands but I just about spit my drink out laughing. That was one hell of a finish

Possibly, but they then wouldnt go bitching and whining how the other rider made it out ok and maintained their position after their little maneuver failed. MM should stop channelling Stoner.
Well said sir. I think being a Stoner won't get him anywhere.

He got a little worked up. I don't think that's his general attitude. Let's not forget that Rossi put a curse on Gibernau and punched Biaggi in the face. It's normal for emotions to run high.

He got a little worked up. I don't think that's his general attitude. Let's not forget that Rossi put a curse on Gibernau and punched Biaggi in the face. It's normal for emotions to run high.
Biaggi has an incredibly punchable face.

Biaggi has an incredibly punchable face.

Maybe but people like to selectively criticize. Even race direction said considering it was the last corner on the last lap it was fine. Rossi has done much worse than Marquez. Bautista, on many occasions has been more like a bowling ball thrown at the rest of the field than a pro racer.

You have too much time on your hands but I just about spit my drink out laughing. That was one hell of a finish
lol I copied from somewhere else, just like this next one

11659477_10152769031286191_3108052492794648058_n.jpg

Question for the more technically savvy. The audio lags the video when playing via my PS3. At the start of the race it's a few seconds behind. By the end of the race the audio is 1+ laps behind the video. Anyone else have this?
The PS3 is notoriously picky. Download the races to a computer on your network and on that computer install free http://tversity.com/ media server. On your PS3 your computer will show up as a media center and it'll play anything you want flawlessly from your computers hard drive, even if it's not in a compatible video or audio format.

I hate to say it because it completely goes against what I have been saying of MM whining, but after looking at his onboard footage, I can totally see why he was ****** off since from his perspective it looks like he did a brilliant move, I still think Rossi won but I now understand why MM felt he did the right thing.

Maybe Jamie can post this one for the ones that do not have a MotoGP sunbscription

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2015/07/02/rossivsmarquez-on-board-con-marquez/179259

If it wasn't for the contact, MM would have had a valid claim the Rossi cut the corner. MM didn't quite make the corner anyways.

I like how politically safe Stoner's comment was. :p

Last edited:
Marc's pass attempt was very ambitious, it was one of those pass attempts that you're committed to regardless of the outcome... either he'll make the pass or hit Valentino. In this case he never got ahead of Valentino, he got close but he never actually got the position. As such it was Valentino's line and Marc put himself in a position where contact was inevitable and it was his fault. If it was a different rider Marc was trying to pass he may have stood them up but tactics like that don't seem to work on Valentino.

Key points are:
- Marc never had the position, at no point did he even briefly overtake Valentino. At no point before/during/after the chicane did the running order change.
- They both cut the corner.

Read this for further commentary from Race Direction. (a really well written article).
https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/06/28/2015_assen_motogp_post_race_round_up_par.html

An aggressive and ambitious pass attempt was made and it failed. No position change ever occurred. Both riders ended up cutting the corner.

Racing incident. Rossi wins. Case closed.

I hate to say it because it completely goes against what I have been saying of MM whining, but after looking at his onboard footage, I can totally see why he was ****** off since from his perspective it looks like he did a brilliant move, I still think Rossi won but I now understand why MM felt he did the right thing.

Maybe Jamie can post this one for the ones that do not have a MotoGP sunbscription

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2015/07/02/rossivsmarquez-on-board-con-marquez/179259
MM still wasn't going to make the turn

Agreed and he pretty much knew that, Tim is bang on, he was going to attempt the pass no matter what the consequences were and it probably would have worked on other riders but Rossi is crafty to say the least.

But from his camera view I can see how he thought he won or at least made me understand his attitude during the press conference, I am sure once he saw the Heli footage he calmed down.. who knows

Last edited:
Agreed and he pretty much knew that, Tim is bang on, he was going to attempt the pass no matter what the consequences were and it probably would have worked on other riders but Rossi is crafty to say the least.

But from his camera view I can see how he thought he won or at least made me understand his attitude during the press conference, I am sure once he saw the Heli footage he calmed down.. who knows

Nobody is going to call you a bandwagon jumper if you abandon MM for Rossi for the next year, or two... :D

I'm not sure I agree.

The narrow field of view shown from his onboard camera makes it look more convincing than it was. From the rider's seat, with his peripheral vision, I think it would have been pretty obvious to him that he never actually had the position. But.....things are moving pretty quickly so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and accept that he genuinely thought he had the position.

I haven't heard if he's changed his opinion after seeing video footage from every possible camera angle.

^ This.

All that on-board camera footage showed is that the angle and speed at which he took that corner meant he was going to exit wide and blow the next corner in the chicane.

He was counting on levering Rossi off the line, but Rossi seemed to have anticipated that because he was full on the throttle even before he left the tarmac to go motocross. When I first saw him hop the curb on one wheel, I thought, "How the hell did he have the presence of mind to throttle through the gravel like that?"

Because he already knew what MM was going to do and planned for it.

Not 9 times world champion for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom