MotoGP 2015 | Page 43 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2015

Sounds like a spec series.
facepalm.jpg

Newman 1 - Fastar1 0

OK then what's so unique about Kent's bike (or anyone else's for that matter). Special electronics? Tires? Dampers? Fuel? ...?

Moto2 isn't a spec series except wrt engines and tires. They all use the same engines based off the CBR600RR engine. The engines are sealed and teams are not permitted to open them up to alter or change anything. There are no "spec" rules for chassis.

I don't believe Moto3 has any similar restrictions for engines and there are no "spec" rules for chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moto2 isn't a spec series except wrt engines and tires. They all use the same engines based off the CBR600RR engine. The engines are sealed and teams are not permitted to open them up to alter or change anything. There are no "spec" rules for chassis.

I don't believe Moto3 has any similar restrictions for engines and there are no "spec" rules for chassis.

Thank you for elaborating. The question of Moto3 is whether teams can mess with the chassis and engine from the manufacturer or not. If not, then all bikes from a given manufacturer are 'spec' from the team's perspective. Meaning it would still be surprising for any rider to be able to pull away from similar bikes like Kent has. If the teams can mess with the bike's internals much, then it allows for the possibility that his bike is just a better performing bike.

Outward appearances can be deceiving, Kent might be a superman.

It seems that in Moto3, there is a certain point in which the gap is big enough that the rider at the front is no longer affected by others drafting each other, all it takes is wait for an opportunity when a slower rider gets in front of faster riders and someone can pull a couple of second distance then they can put their head down with a clear track and basically run away no longer affected by the constant passing and having to battle with 7 or 8 other riders.

I think Kent is pulling from his experience in Moto2 and finding those opportunities while others are waiting on the pack for that last turn.

WSS is heating up, glad to see him finish in 4th.

Me too. Don't like him. I like the team mates who finished ahead of him. And that other guy from that other country out front! Great ride!

Last edited:
Sykes got beaten up badly this weekend. Rea is not only quicker, but much smarter as racecraft goes.

Biaggi's first corner on race 2 made me smile as well.

His bike hasn't appeared any faster than anyone else on pure horsepower down the straight. All I see is superior riding and race craft.

uhh maybe. no denying that kent is talented, and an intelligent racer (racecraft).

but the teams bikes are very good, and it looked to me like they had a "hair" more power, almost unnoticeable. . that would be my humble opinion from race watching...

You guys are forgetting one important thing which is the bike setup itself. A good bike + a good rider doesn't always equal to win, you still need to find the best setup for the bike and that requires good communication/understanding between rider and race engineer. Imagine that you and your race engineer don't speak the same language and you both can only speak poor English is like a man tried to understand a woman when he was drunk :D

I find Galbusera to be a very good race engineer, he didn't just understand the bike but also understood Rossi well. Even if they couldn't find a good setup on Friday and Saturday, for some reasons that guy managed to change something that worked well on Sunday. This is why Marquez asked to get his own crew after he won MotoGP in 2013.

Back
Top Bottom