The KTM RC390 thread | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The KTM RC390 thread

Last edited:
Do kids play street hockey any more? I thought they used iPad apps for that now.

Sure the bike will be cheap, but KTM will also sell you all the performance goodies to bring it up to a track bike.

In other news, sales of white cargo vans, cordless angle grinders and heavy-duty bolt cutters have mysteriously increased.

I love the RC390 but don't like what my research on the Duke 125 (almost the same bike, made in same factory in India) suggests about reliability and durability.

My Thailand-built cbr125 has been bulletproof for nearly 30,000 km of me beating on it.

I will likely hold out for a year to see how the 390 stands up.

I think I will be doing the same - waiting a year till they work out the kinks.
This seems like a fantastic bike on paper and I can't wait to add one to my garage.

I wish the nose was more RC8-ish, but that's a non issue when sitting behind the tank.

I think I will be doing the same - waiting a year till they work out the kinks.

It's is just a version of the Duke 390, which has been out a while. Some forums report the belly fairing touching down in corners, but that was designed to throw way to replace the exhaust anyway.

Powerdrift review a few days ago...

[video=youtube;rWLQedCGp_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLQedCGp_M[/video]

All the reviews are practically identical in comments across many countries.

I wish the nose was more RC8-ish, but that's a non issue when sitting behind the tank.

Waiting to see what race upper looks like. SOAR RC390 cup spec class

Waiting to see what race upper looks like. SOAR RC390 cup spec class

like AWESOME...

2014-ktm-rc390-race-bike-unveil-10.jpg

I'd definitely consider this, but for relatively low hp bikes, how much advantage do the light people have? With similar skill levels, can you be fat and challenge for the lead?

Minimum total weights for racing. Small guys will need to add ballast, but the weight will still be low. No luck for these guys...

fat_biker_1.jpg

attachment.php

But power has nothing to do with it, even in MotoGP, tiny riders rule, which is why so many Spanish riders are doing so well.

Last edited:
I don't know. On 250 with 25 hp I (at 200 lbs) can be within 0.5 seconds per lap of my 110 lb 14 year old.

I'd definitely consider this, but for relatively low hp bikes, how much advantage do the light people have? With similar skill levels, can you be fat and challenge for the lead?

I don't know. On 250 with 25 hp I (at 200 lbs) can be within 0.5 seconds per lap of my 110 lb 14 year old.

If the riders are somewhat equal skills, there's no way that 90 extra lbs will cost you only 0.5 sec per lap. Even at silly low speed TMP, is has to be more than that.

Yes, but only in the event of mass crash in corner one you manage to avoid. Seriously, much lighter guy with equal bike and similar enough skills will always have an advantage. You will simply have to outride or outbrake him.

I love the internet. People will believe silly stuff they read on the internet. But when someone speaks with real facts based on multiple days of actual data, yep, you dismiss it based on your keyboard opinion.

If the riders are somewhat equal skills, there's no way that 90 extra lbs will cost you only 0.5 sec per lap. Even at silly low speed TMP, is has to be more than that.

Back
Top Bottom