Disrepectful Trackday Riders- Don't Bother Coming Anymore! | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Disrepectful Trackday Riders- Don't Bother Coming Anymore!

Ramon is hardly a "talented" rider, the only reason he wasn't bumped down to green was the fact they were sharing a bike.

Er....if the story about him doing 1:20s on his first outing to TMP are true....then I beg to differ. But maybe that was BS?

Er....if the story about him doing 1:20s on his first outing to TMP are true....then I beg to differ. But maybe that was BS?

Trackday laptime stories are like fishing stories

And to think this whole time I thought pilots pulled hot chicks.

Ramon is hardly a "talented" rider, the only reason he wasn't bumped down to green was the fact they were sharing a bike.
If he show's up at any future day that I'm doing tech inspection he's gonna get grilled AND if he pulls this **** again he'll be packing his **** and leaving!

I am more inclined to believe Tyler who was there doing control riding and is a fast rider than to believe what someone says their laptimes are....... regardless slow or fast, still a ******

c835bd15761f91143195430ffed8ae78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramon isn't a bad rider.....but from what I saw, I would bet 1:25-1:28ish is more in the range of his skillset. I could be wrong, but I'd be more inclined to believe a lap timer than trackside folklore. TAFB and Ramon would be a great race to watch, as I suspect their laptimes would be pretty close.

Ramon isn't a bad rider.....but from what I saw, I would bet 1:25-1:28ish is more in the range of his skillset. I could be wrong, but I'd be more inclined to believe a lap timer than trackside folklore. TAFB and Ramon would be a great race to watch, as I suspect their laptimes would be pretty close.

Trackside on that day (2012), I timed a few laps on my phone timer app, out of personal interest because he looked fast. He was at 1:20-1:21. Happened at another trackday I met him in 2013, I was going around at 1:24-1:25 then (according to my own lap timer onboard), we left out together, I stayed behind him for the first lap and then he took off. I'm not trying to convince anyone, I do think he's a very fast natural rider, but then again been with him at group rides in 2011-12, he's definitely very reckless. I can't decide whose rides were more thrillingly dangerous---his or the assassin's, lol.. The kid obviously has no fear, good or bad he is, I hope he doesn't end up dead or even worse--to kill someone before he has the chance to grow some reason.

It does happen.

Someone with no track experience has some natural talent, and they're able to throw down some fast laps even though they really don't know what they're doing. So on their 1st day they could very well be in the 1:20-1:21 range. Then.... on their 2nd trackday they go a little faster, even though they still don't really know what they're doing.

They don't have the skill set to recognize what their bike is telling them, that they're pushing hard, too hard in some spots. They don't hear the feedback from their tires, they don't understand what's happening until they tuck the front. And they truly don't understand why they crashed. Confidence = gone. Their next time out on the track they still can't figure out why they crashed because they still don't know what they're doing.. and now they have no confidence.. so they slow down.

This happens fairly often.

It does happen.

Someone with no track experience has some natural talent, and they're able to throw down some fast laps even though they really don't know what they're doing. So on their 1st day they could very well be in the 1:20-1:21 range. Then.... on their 2nd trackday they go a little faster, even though they still don't really know what they're doing.

They don't have the skill set to recognize what their bike is telling them, that they're pushing hard, too hard in some spots. They don't hear the feedback from their tires, they don't understand what's happening until they tuck the front. And they truly don't understand why they crashed. Confidence = gone. Their next time out on the track they still can't figure out why they crashed because they still don't know what they're doing.. and now they have no confidence.. so they slow down.

...then they sell their bike stating they are no longer interested in riding "donor cycles" or its time to "grow up" or "move on" in life

Ramon's been on a few of my rides. Definitely a very capable rider from what I noted. Even 2 up he was moving pretty good.

Heard the stories about the 1:20s at TMP, and I wouldn't doubt.

It does happen.

Yup, I saw plenty of them back when I did track days. Guys with no fear who would drag every hand part on a bike, but couldn't figure out a line if it was actually drawn on the track for them. That's why a slowpoke like me, with plenty of respect for the idea of keeping my own skin intact, would be constantly looking for an opportunity to pass.

*EDIT* .... on a clapped out 400.

Yup, I saw plenty of them back when I did track days. Guys with no fear who would drag every hand part on a bike, but couldn't figure out a line if it was actually drawn on the track for them. That's why a slowpoke like me, with plenty of respect for the idea of keeping my own skin intact, would be constantly looking for an opportunity to pass.

*EDIT* .... on a clapped out 400.

Toronto_Motorsports_Park_TMP_Cayuga_Track_Circuit%20Layout_Map%20Diagram_high_res.png.png

Please draw the correct race line
Your homework for the night :)

Crazy stupid stuff. Ask Pro6 or Riders choice or any of the other bike shops if they'd let a person get on the track after lying.

Above 1:20's may be fast for a street rider, but for many, including me it is still slow. :)

From years ago at "Caygua" on an old 600.

1:19-1:20 is my best time at TMP. I should spend more time there so I can be fast too.

Raymons abilities on a bike mean squat at this point. I'd rather do track days with slower guys that can follow the rules and not make up bs lies/excuses why they didn't.

Raymons abilities on a bike mean squat at this point. I'd rather do track days with slower guys that can follow the rules and not make up bs lies/excuses why they didn't.

Very true. I was only trying to give some perspective on earlier posts that thought over 1:20 was a fast time at that track. It isn't for for the fast riders.

Back
Top Bottom