Interim councillor calling for 'O Canada' change | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Interim councillor calling for 'O Canada' change

So no, no one is saying to make an anthem with 50 different beliefsincluded. Just dont include and and make it includisve to all by not using wordings that specifically addreses one group and leaves out many others.

Roughly 1/3 of the world population identifies as being Christian, and roughly 1/4 is muslim. That represents approx. 50% of the world population. Both believe in "God" or "Allah" so by keeping "God" in our national anthem you have a majority coverage.

Based on how many people vote in this country those are far better numbers and therefore based on your argument, more than enough reason to keep "God" in our anthem.

I'm born East Indian and of the Hindu religion. I don't care about O Canada having God in there. It doesn't offend me. Whenever Hindu religious stuff is translated into English often the word God or Gods is used to refer to the all mighty.

If you let little things like that bother you then you have no hope.

Roughly 1/3 of the world population identifies as being Christian, and roughly 1/4 is muslim. That represents approx. 50% of the world population. Both believe in "God" or "Allah" so by keeping "God" in our national anthem you have a majority coverage.

Based on how many people vote in this country those are far better numbers and therefore based on your argument, more than enough reason to keep "God" in our anthem.

that's makes absolutely no sense. People believe in Ghost and UFOs also, should those be included in the national anthem?

There was no mention of religion in the original 1908 national anthem and that's the way it should of stayed.

First of all we are NOT talking about a WORLD anthem. We are talking about Canada where Muslims are only 3.2% of population and their god is not the same as Christians since they believe in one god who has no child or parents where as Christians believe thet Jesus is the son of god. So not even the same god. Secondly non-religeous people are 23.9% of Canadians who are misrepresented with any anthem that has god in it. Thirdly, you dont create laws/anthems that are supposed to cover the entire nation by saying this is a bigger population so we will make them happy and forget all the rest of Canadians. If that was the case, we should put the word Jesus in the anthem since roughly 67% of Canadians are Christians. How would that make Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Buddhist Canadians feel?

I don't give a rat's *** what problem anyone has with "sons" or "God" or whatever. I'm Canadian.... A brown man, son of immigrants, Canadian. It's the Canadian anthem. People fought and died defending this country, and our anthem is a tribute to them and this beautiful country. If you don't like it, piss off.

I don't give a rat's *** what problem anyone has with "sons" or "God" or whatever. I'm Canadian.... A brown man, son of immigrants, Canadian. It's the Canadian anthem. People fought and died defending this country, and our anthem is a tribute to them and this beautiful country. If you don't like it, piss off.

+1

My father was Metis, my mother is black. I'm an atheist, and my politics are definitely left of centre. (Deal with it.)
But mostly I'm a proud Canadian, with no issues with the anthem. If you don't like the words, hum.

First of all we are NOT talking about a WORLD anthem. We are talking about Canada where Muslims are only 3.2% of population and their god is not the same as Christians since they believe in one god who has no child or parents where as Christians believe thet Jesus is the son of god. So not even the same god. Secondly non-religeous people are 23.9% of Canadians who are misrepresented with any anthem that has god in it. Thirdly, you dont create laws/anthems that are supposed to cover the entire nation by saying this is a bigger population so we will make them happy and forget all the rest of Canadians. If that was the case, we should put the word Jesus in the anthem since roughly 67% of Canadians are Christians. How would that make Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Buddhist Canadians feel?

Totally agree. let's change O' Canada to make the Muslims feel happy.

Last edited:
Not sure if making effort to be stupid.

Not sure if making effort to be stupid.

Some argue with facts, stats and logical reasoning. But those who can't comprehend how a proper debates work with numbers and evidence have to resort to sarcasm and grade 2 rebuttals.... Nice one!

Some argue with facts, stats and logical reasoning. But those who can't comprehend how a proper debates work with numbers and evidence have to resort to sarcasm and grade 2 rebuttals.... Nice one!
Your arguments are proof as to why a sharp tongue should never be equated with intelligence.

But don't let logic stop you... it's GTAM after all. Lol

You do not deserve to live in such a country.
I cannot stand ungrateful people who always find something to complain about rather than something to be grateful for.

"First of all, I woke up thinking today was Saturday.. Sadly finding out it was Friday I realized that I have no plans for the day. Leaving me stuck at home again another day doing absolutely nothing. Yay..
Then, I realized I was hungry taking that it was lunch time but, all we had to eat was ramen and spighetti O’s which gets old really fast.
OMG AND THEN, I took a shower and found an empty conditioner bottle.
I hope today gets better"

Great. Another useless immigrant wanting to change my country. If it doesn't like the national anthem the way it is, she should go back to her ***** hole country and live the life of gender freedom there.

VRlKT.jpg

Great. Another useless immigrant wanting to change my country. If it doesn't like the national anthem the way it is, she should go back to her ***** hole country and live the life of gender freedom there.

This comment is either exceedingly clever given were the counsellor is from...or its really ignorant. I'm going to assume its the first..
Well done

Its NOT about what or who the people are and where they come from. We have a song and it has lyrics. If you dont like it then dont listen.

Why dont you go ask
Your favorite musician. Whoever they may be to change a songs lyrics because it doesnt represent the
People that listen to it. You will most likely get told to go F yourself.

The real problem is not the immigrants that want to change things... If you hang a piece of bait in front of a fish it will go for it..

The real problem is the whole structure.. The voting system. The politicians... They will sell their ass for the votes... In theory any clan of people bound together by ethnicity or religion or any other thing that brings them together are able to bully our govermental system because its all about the MOFO vote!! Not sure whats a better idea
Or system but thats a different thread...

There seems to be this new idea among the new generation like this guy Ashkan who is posting... The idea that we need to please everyone and make everything fair and this is the future..

If you try and please everyone then no one gets pleased.. A better (not perfect) route is. To come up with a concept thats "reasonable" and if you dont like it fair enough. Then find a place that runs on concepts and ideas that sit well with you.

We have a good tasting dish we cannot keep changing the ingredients to satisfy everyone. Soon after the food taste like shyte.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Back
Top Bottom