New helmet, full of tech | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New helmet, full of tech

Neat idea, but not enough information in the HUD for me to fork over $1500. My mirrors are great and a Sena system is around $200.

AND it's that much money for a helmet that you won't be trying on, until it arrives at your door. I hope that they have a great returns/exchange policy in place.

Re: Your next helmet?

tartaruga2.jpg

^- I thought about it. I really want it. But it's about 5x the price of what I usually buy for a helmet

Since the Marquez helmet won't have the Japanese guy decal, I will probably bite and order this one in white. I hope it's not as crappy as Reevu's technology.

Just picked up the AGV Grid a few days ago. Awesome Helmet. Fit's smaller than I expected

My HJC was a large and I was able to throw on headphones with the helmet
The AGV is a large and the headphones won't stay because the padding is too tight. But that can be custom changed/fitted.

Thinking about a Skully because they're appealing to me. I'll wait for a second generation release because we all know what kind of complaints there will be with a first gen unit, as with most things. That and the price will probably drop. 1500 (price dropped) is a lot but you can't really put a value on your head in the end.

1500 (price dropped) is a lot but you can't really put a value on your head in the end.

More expensive helmets are not safer, fancy paint jobs and Rossi's third villa increase costs.

They have been independently tested and are good, but no better than some $200 helmets for safety. They look awesome, but don't kid yourself about impact protection.

More expensive helmets are not safer, fancy paint jobs and Rossi's third villa increase costs.

They have been independently tested and are good, but no better than some $200 helmets for safety. They look awesome, but don't kid yourself about impact protection.

This.

Also, it should be about fit. The best helmet is the one that fits your head snugly and properly.
After that, the extra money is for lighter material, more air vents, fancy graphics and the name on the front/back.

Get what fits best.

I think in the $800 to $900 range the helmet will sell reasonably well. Beyond that, I am not so sure. My helmet without any fancy electronics was in the $800 range, and another $400 or so for the speakers and communications kit for it (Schuberth C3 Pro). I would gladly pay $900 for a helmet with the same features and a heads up display for GPS. I could care less about the rear view camera.

I hope the moderator doesn't mind me chiming in here. We have been following the skully very closely and monitoring patent applications not only from them but Google themselves. just google google helmet patents. What we have here folks is the race to the augmented helmet. Basically, sticking your cluster into your helmet so that you can focus on the road ahead without having to take your eyes off it to see that you left your blinkers, low tire pressure etc. the issue of putting something infront of an eye is the ability to focus or having to refocus. Yes, with Reevu you see behind ( even with sport bikes ( it may take some extra time for some)) but what the invention really is...is" The focal length" the ability to position something in front of your eye and not having to refocus. Here is some insight into sticking a beam splitter into a helmet.
[video=youtube;NFq0TYgeB_k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFq0TYgeB_k[/video]

I hope the moderator doesn't mind me chiming in here. We have been following the skully very closely and monitoring patent applications not only from them but Google themselves. just google google helmet patents. What we have here folks is the race to the augmented helmet. Basically, sticking your cluster into your helmet so that you can focus on the road ahead without having to take your eyes off it to see that you left your blinkers, low tire pressure etc. the issue of putting something infront of an eye is the ability to focus or having to refocus. Yes, with Reevu you see behind ( even with sport bikes ( it may take some extra time for some)) but what the invention really is...is" The focal length" the ability to position something in front of your eye and not having to refocus. Here is some insight into sticking a beam splitter into a helmet.
[video=youtube;NFq0TYgeB_k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFq0TYgeB_k[/video]

Well that's just distracting.....

A decent gps is about $150+, communication set $200+, rear view (maybe $100 for that feature??), tinting visor $100, compressed into 1 helmet, and a new toy? $$$$$.

It obviously isn't overpriced if they're selling... If its selling well, why lower the price? Especially if its new technology. I remember when 50 inch plasma tvs were like $1600 when they first came out. They sold then for that price. Same concept. Just because you can't afford it, doesn't mean that its priced badly.

For the record, I'm pretty damn poor..

I think it would be pretty useful if that helmet had a way to turn off the screen using some kind of voice command or easy access button so you can focus on whats important when needed.

Last edited:
I will say that I've got a rearview camera, that's meant for a car, that I've considered mounting on my bike for a clear and direct view behind, but I'm a geek for that sort of thing. I don't really think that I want it on my helmet.

I will say that I've got a rearview camera, that's meant for a car, that I've considered mounting on my bike for a clear and direct view behind, but I'm a geek for that sort of thing. I don't really think that I want it on my helmet.

Exactly what I would do. Forget putting it in my helmet. I would mount it on my bike.

Back
Top Bottom