Great rate at TD MM | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Great rate at TD MM

Same think happened to me..time to switch buddy!!

My renewal with TD, also is going up 30% this year. One claim NOT at fault, 18 months ago, they used the "excuse" that my model bike (which isn't a popular model, Yamaha Roadstar 1700) has had increased claims which justified the additional 30%). I have called a few places all are ball park with what TD now wants. So switching isn't always the option which is open.

"Increased claims" for that model smells like BS.

I own a bike for which it is known that there have been no insurance claims in Canada (Small group of owners - we pretty much know who everyone is) and we're not aware of any in USA. It will be interesting to see if they use that same excuse.

I'm putting another vehicle on the policy to offset the increase
But they're forcing me to do paperwork before I even get a quote for the additional vehicle, so to say they are making my life as hard as possible in order to simply consider staying on is an understatement.

Only have my M2 at the moment, which is limiting my choices for alternatives as well...

"Increased claims" for that model smells like BS.

I own a bike for which it is known that there have been no insurance claims in Canada (Small group of owners - we pretty much know who everyone is) and we're not aware of any in USA. It will be interesting to see if they use that same excuse.

They can always do the old "You haven't ever made a claim, you're due!" increase.

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. Just got my renewal papers last night from TD MM and my rate went up from $900 to $1150. Nothing changed on the policy and I've still got a clean record.
My guess is that since they now have to give a discount for winter tires, well, they've got to make it up somewhere......

So much for the FIBERALS, "we are getting you a 15% decrease in your premiums line if BS, then the we are getting you 5% off if you have snow tires, yet most are seeing a 30% INCREASE. My car renewal should be arriving soon as wella s it is renewing in Feb.

Donald from All State (the other thread) got me a rate that was closer to what I had from before.

So not ALL hope is lost. As expensive as my first year's rate, but I fear your choices are dwindling.
905-385-9444 x5015 (mention GTAM to him, will get us all better rates)

Donald sent me an email confirmation outlining everything that was stated in yesterday's call. Upon closer inspection, the rates are only a few dollars more than what I paid TD MM pre-price hike after eliminating the comprehensive/collision. Definitely give him a call and reference GTAM

Last edited:
Donald from All State (the other thread) got me a rate that was closer to what I had from before.

So not ALL hope is lost. As expensive as my first year's rate, but I fear your choices are dwindling.
905-385-9444 x5015 (mention GTAM to him, will get us all better rates)

Donald sent me an email confirmation outlining everything that was stated in yesterday's call. Upon closer inspection, the rates are only a few dollars more than what I paid TD MM pre-price hike after eliminating the comprehensive/collision. Definitely give him a call and reference GTAM

So the "new rate" you now have is minus collision and comprehensive? Or the new rate is about the same as TD MM if you had eliminated collision and Comprehensive with them???

So the "new rate" you now have is minus collision and comprehensive? Or the new rate is about the same as TD MM if you had eliminated collision and Comprehensive with them???

Apples to Apples, no comp/collision, about the same as pre-TD MM-price hike.
He's going on vacation I think tomorrow, so happy hunting in the new year!

Just got off the phone with TD MM and they beat my current rate by about $400/year.
I'll be making the switch mid-January.

Try Aviva before you give up.
nobody else to switch to. They were my last option last year. I'm going to sell my bike in spring, I cant do this game anymore.

Here's the deal:

Coverage: Full coverage, 2 mill liability w/ $1000 ded and fire/theft.

Currently paying $240/month (2880/year - crazy, I know)
TD: $215/month ($2580/year) same coverage w/ $500 ded

ALL STATE - $135/month ($1619/year) same coverage w/ $500 ded coll. and $300 ded for comp.
or
$72/month ($864/year) liability only.

Last edited:
Oh very nice upgrade from a scooter..just kidding with you.
Nice bike..i don't have that kind of wallet!lol

Back
Top Bottom