Bringing Her Back to Life | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bringing Her Back to Life

4u8yzygu.jpg

I'm going to go take a look at it tomorrow, see the package and figure out if it would look as good as I would hope, cheap way to get the look I wanted to begin with, and I am sure it will hold up much better than PlastiDip....

if and when I get to it I will let you know....

I'm just gathering some paint. I need to get more etch primer and high-build for the tank. I have some 'previous mount holes' to repair. I'm going with this look on the tank. A medallion plus reflective black vinyl lettering (not like the white shown).

sujery3y.jpg

I'm thinking something like this look overall.
y9y5agy4.jpg

I need some white on it to break up the black a little. I was thinking maybe even the classic Yamaha speed block might look cool.

Too many options. Lol

I'm going to use a couple of these to switch power to my rear signals

qaryduha.jpg

Less than $9 for a pair of them. They'll probably fail within a hundred cycles.

Mapping out a cool paint scheme. All black with white speed blocks. The black vinyl is 'black reflective' and will only be seen with direct light.

Thoughts? I'm a vintage minimalist. Lol

6e4y3yru.jpg

e4eja2er.jpg

use3usud.jpg

apabugyv.jpg

Mapping out a cool paint scheme. All black with white speed blocks. The black vinyl is 'black reflective' and will only be seen with direct light.

Thoughts? I'm a vintage minimalist. Lol

6e4y3yru.jpg

e4eja2er.jpg

use3usud.jpg

apabugyv.jpg

That's going to look pretty slick!

For what my opinion is worth.... I'd start at the tail end thinner and have the wider part lower at the fro t. Know what I'm saying? Nothing higher than the seat height basically but designed as you have it.

Good call Roomie. I know exactly what you are saying. The speed blocks that I posted a picture of do start thinner at the tail and get thicker progressing towards the front tire. I just need to make the progression clearer. I do agree that the blocks need to be below the seat as well. It would make for a painting matchup/nightmare.

I'll post a couple of pics later. Thanks for the input.

I'll do a couple photoshops for you before you're ready to lay the paint. Lookin pretty sweet though, hopefully you can get that motor together soon!!

I put the etch and hi build primer on my tank today. Looks thick. Gonna knock it down tomorrow and fill the dents with bondo. More hi build then black.

I know the tank and upper fairing will be all black, so I can finish them completely.

I really wanted to have this engine started by now (no pun intended). It's just a lack of a job that creates a lack of money. Pure economics. :(

I'll do a couple photoshops for you before you're ready to lay the paint. Lookin pretty sweet though, hopefully you can get that motor together soon!!

Thanks for the offer. I'll most likely take you up on that.

Got the 1st coat of bondo on my tank today. Went in really thick. I didn't find my acetone until after it was done. It's been thinned out now. Good to go for next coat.

ubevaveg.jpg

A little more sanding than intended.

Ok dumbass me mixed fiberglass resin hardener with the body filler (Bondo). I remember the Bondo setting up pinkish in colour. Now I know why. The hardener is red. ?. Looks like it's setting up, but taking a lot longer.

Back
Top Bottom