What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 47 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

Bike is in the basement.

Next steps are to install some fluorescent lighting so I can see what I'm doing. Thin HG arrived so I can pull the motor and get working on that. Check valve clearances, install thin HG, degree cams.

Still trying to sort out the Kit ECU and harness. Should have one soon. Once that's all re-assembled the bike gets to spend some time with Corndog.

4ft fluorescent with ballast? Annoying buzz. I ripped down 18 units last month, replaced with keyless plastic lamp holder/CFL bulbs. Much better.

The 4 foot fluorescent lights I have don't buzz. Those must have been old ones that you ripped down.

15yrs. old for sure. Was not aware new ones don't buzz. Not to start an argument, just saying additionally, that the smaller lamp holders make hanging tire changer, bicycles etc in rafters much easier now. Anywhooo, carry on.......

Last edited:
Yeah, it seems like the newer electronic ballasts are quieter, and far better for cold temperature (garage) start up.

Installed Motion Pro revolver throttle today. The Rifleman was already 45mm so I went with 50mm right away.

15yrs. old for sure. Was not aware new ones don't buzz. Not to start an argument, just saying additionally, that the smaller lamp holders make hanging tire changer, bicycles etc in rafters much easier now. Anywhooo, carry on.......
But less light output

There has never been a time when I said "I wish I had less throttle" . The motion Pro revolver is one of the best things you can install.

I use 4 x 8 foot florscent tubes, at 45 degrees on each side in a 7x13 space. They are silent. Looks like a grow op at night but putting them on 45's on each side on the ceiling makes excellent lighting for those dark spots.

The 4 foot fluorescent lights I have don't buzz. Those must have been old ones that you ripped down.

Purchased one.
TivKE9j.jpg

bahahaha that just made me laugh

Good plan. Otherwise you might show up at the track and people will start throwing stuff at you.[/QUOTEi]

It dosen't seem to matter what # you have on, if your leading the rookie group on a red bike the annoucer just assumes it must be newman. Lol

Shhhhh, I almost won a race from pit lane because of that.

It was kind of a downer for us as well. The hole point of racing that weekend was to see how Rob stacked up against the competition. We where hoping for a good clean battle with you. Now we have to wait till next year. Any thoughts on what your going to ride next year?

Back
Top Bottom