The Ballad of the GAp | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Ballad of the GAp

Emefef

Site Supporter
After turning down, or otherwise missing a couple of opportunities in each of the last 10 years, I finally made it to Deals Gap. Six of us went, two of us for the first time. There are a ton of videos on youtube of this road, and of course I posted one from the resort to the overlook, just like everyone else. This one is a bit different though.
It's a little long for music video, but hey, it's little short for a documentary and WAY too short for a feature film! There's some great riding (too bad it's by the guys off-camera) and some fantastic photography by George Reichert, and an epic soundtrack of original music with the sweet sound of a Honda V-four supporting the whole thing.
It even ends with a public service announcement - just in case there's some grant money up for grabs.

[video=youtube_share;qT1QmtsV-rM]http://youtu.be/qT1QmtsV-rM[/video]

Fantastic!!!!!! best deals gap video ever

Wow! I usually regret clicking on these types of videos, and have never commented on one before, but this is the best riding video I've seen yet. It made me wish I was on the trip with you guys.
Thanks for posting.

Thanks for sharing! Awesome video, really cool editing. The song made me laugh out loud, very original. Looks like a fun trip with a great crew. I really liked how the narrative was done through music, you've got real talent. Definitely the most entertaining riding video I've seen without a crash! Lol

Fantastic vid! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, it was a great trip and a really fun project.
When we rolled up to the hotel in Boone, NC, I had just been frustrated for the second time by Shell, then we found that sign on the door about the clandestine laboratory for the manufacture of drugs....by the next night, I had the Boone verse and chorus mapped out and it stuck with me for the rest of the trip. When I realized I would struggle to cut stuff out of the song, I decided it had to be with a video to be that long. The rest was just month of obsessive editing (and a couple hours of banjo practice).

im not one to watch an entire video for some reason ... but this video was just awesome. I have yet to get a chance to go down to deals gap, but its definitely something that I want to do !

Back
Top Bottom