HOV lane ticket | GTAMotorcycle.com

HOV lane ticket

ashkan

Banned
Just got a ticket fro riding on HOV lane.
Does it affect my insurance (statefarm) and how can i fight it?

What if the cop shows up and say there was only me. What happened to the second person?
Well this is when this shirt comes in handy
IF-READ4503.jpg

Not when i was pulled over. I was also only in there during the period when there is the dotted line before and exit.

Not when i was pulled over. I was also only in there during the period when there is the dotted line before and exit.

You could simply indicate it was a mistake and see if the adjudicator lets you off with a warning. On the other hand the ticket is a moving violation, nothing serious. I would reckon it's the same as making a left/right at the wrong time it's not a bad ticket. I would not be worried about it affecting your insurance.

You could simply indicate it was a mistake and see if the adjudicator lets you off with a warning. On the other hand the ticket is a moving violation, nothing serious. I would reckon it's the same as making a left/right at the wrong time it's not a bad ticket. I would not be worried about it affecting your insurance.
Thanks Rider17 but im doing some research and its not looking too good insurancewise :S

Is that what you're planning on telling the judge? He/She may laugh.

If your insurance is high already you may want to get a ticket fighter, though it's a case of either you did it or you didn't...it's not something you can argue down like a speed ticket...

Good luck dude...

Is that what you're planning on telling the judge? He/She may laugh.

If your insurance is high already you may want to get a ticket fighter, though it's a case of either you did it or you didn't...it's not something you can argue down like a speed ticket...

Good luck dude...
Thanks and no i wasnt planning on saying that but someone mentioned this up there as an option so i was wondering how/if it could actually work.

i am curious on what grounds you think you can "fight" the charge?
Im not really going to fight it. I guess ill jus hope the cop wont show but apparently they all do now. Also, i just wanted to know how it would affect my insurance

Should have been posted in the insurance sun forum

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Im not really going to fight it. I guess ill jus hope the cop wont show but apparently they all do now. Also, i just wanted to know how it would affect my insurance

Still think going and speaking with the adjudicator might let you off, as warning.

Really hope youre right. But have you heard of anyone being let off with a warning for an HOV offense?

Dude, go fight it.
They might just toss out the ticket because they have more pressing cases.
btw- Did your bike have solo seat cowl on it, because if it did you are at 100% capacity. You can try that as a defense if nothing else (yes, ignorance of the law, but you sound plausible). You can also ask the Crown to drop the points (if any) and they will also lower the fine.

If you do go through the process of the trial, you can ask the Judge to reduce the fine (they usually will) and state you are a student or having economical hardship. They will ask if you can pay it in 30 days, ask for 90 days. They will grant it.
E.g. your fine is $100 they can knock it down to $50 and 90 days to pay. You might as well drag it out. The HOV exclusion of bikes is unsafe and stupid imo.

Do NOT plead guilty (or guilty with explanation) unless the Crown gives you a deal that you accept.
Good luck

just how long were you in the lane before you noticed the cop...that'll play into your arguement. Cuz if you use an excuse, all the cop needs do is say how long you were in there, where he saw you etc, and you're done and lost all credibility cuz you lied to the judge (they're not idiots).

You're best off asking for reduced fine. You're guilty, there's no way around it.

Depending on how long you were actually in the lane, you could've said you swerved to avoid stopped traffic and the HOV was clear (assuming you were on 404 since bikes are allowed in muni lanes)...but again, you could end off looking like a liar and piss off the judge.

Dude, go fight it.
They might just toss out the ticket because they have more pressing cases.
btw- Did your bike have solo seat cowl on it, because if it did you are at 100% capacity. You can try that as a defense if nothing else (yes, ignorance of the law, but you sound plausible). You can also ask the Crown to drop the points (if any) and they will also lower the fine.

If you do go through the process of the trial, you can ask the Judge to reduce the fine (they usually will) and state you are a student or having economical hardship. They will ask if you can pay it in 30 days, ask for 90 days. They will grant it.
E.g. your fine is $100 they can knock it down to $50 and 90 days to pay. You might as well drag it out. The HOV exclusion of bikes is unsafe and stupid imo.

Do NOT plead guilty (or guilty with explanation) unless the Crown gives you a deal that you accept.
Good luck
Thanks for the thorough reply -D-. It is absolutely stupid why insurance should be affected by this. I get that its against the law and therefore should be a ticket but it doesnt endanger anyone in any awy including th erider. If anything, its a safer lane. So i really dont get why insurance has to be affected. its such a scam.
I will fight it however, even if i get it reduced, the insurance will still go up regardless (from what i understand, any ticke that you pay and be convicted of will raise your insurance no matter how minor), I really need to avoid that if i can in anyawy. The cops show up most of the time now so thats not really an option to count on. Im hoping to find some kind of a loophole here

Back
Top Bottom