Nitrous - 08 R6?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nitrous - 08 R6?

Nitrous - 08 R6?

Hey. Anyone here run nitrous on their bike? What type of numbers can you pull out of a stock R6? Was hoping for something like +30 or so. I know on a liter bike that's easy.

I've had nitrous on everything i've ever owned. 84 Berlinetta, 88 Iroc, 88 Fiero w/350, 04 GP GTP, 04 G35 6MT.

What types of kits are available for my 08 R6? I phoned Zex, my usual nitrous system of choice, they didn't have any info for the 08 R6, and were unsure to recommend a wet or dry kit. I've always used wet kits in the past.

Thanks.

-Jamie M.

Re: Nitrous - 08 R6?

another nitrous fan, eh?

ill subscribe to this post as well

and how did the sauce fair on your g35? it used to be my favorite car ...maybe still is, i dont know.

what size jetting?

2007 Lotus Exige S ~ the grocery-getter
    2004 ZX6R ~ the daily commuter (sold)
    2005 GSXR 1000 ~ the scary thing in my garage (sold to my insurer lol)
    2007 GSXR 1000 ~ the newer scary thing in my garage

I've never used nitrous on a bike, but i have heard that 30 hp on an R6 is very doable. Here is some alternative to look at:

http://www.coldfusionnitrous.com/Mot...?CategoryID=15
    http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...idcategory=114

I have used dyno tune nitrous products in the past and they offer excellent bang for the buck and have decent quality as well.

On the topic of nitrous, I had a 150 hp wet kit on my last car. Very addictive hehe. Who needs a remote bottle opener when you can reach behind your passenger seat with your right hand

Last edited by mma01; 04-06-2009 at 01:27 PM.

I was running the conservative jets on the G35, only +50HP, but on the Dyno, she was putting out 332RWHP which was an increase of 57 over stock! She was too pretty to abuse so I didn't go any bigger. MY favourite time was racing a new Mustang GT. The stock G35 is absolutely dead even with them. I left the nitrous off until about 150km/h and when I realized I couldn't pull away, click, ssssssss, WOOSH! hehe. By far the most amazing car I've ever driven. I went through two pairs of rear tires in under 5,000km's if that gives you an idea about how fun it is to drive! It is an absolute drift king (the 6MT Premium with locking LSD anyway)!

I was running the +75's in my Grand Prix (3.8L V6 Super) and it did 342FWHP on the Dyno (pretty descent for a slush box). I was running the +150's in my Iroc (350 TPi), +75's in my Berlinetta (carb 305 V8 ), +225's in my Fiero (350 Fi crate, I could pull sky high wheelies when I lit the nitrous in 1st or 2nd gear! hehe).

I love nitrous cause it's only there when you need it. It's not suckin up extra fuel all the time, really cleans the engine out well, is pretty cheap both initially to purchase the kit, and also to keep her full. I've never had any problems running it, ever!

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 04-06-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mma01 View Post
    I've never used nitrous on a bike, but i have heard that 30 hp on an R6 is very doable. Here is some alternative to look at:

http://www.coldfusionnitrous.com/Mot...?CategoryID=15
    http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...idcategory=114

I have used dyno tune nitrous products in the past and they offer excellent bang for the buck and have decent quality as well.

On the topic of nitrous, I had a 150 hp wet kit on my last car. Very addictive hehe. Who needs a remote bottle opener when you can reach behind your passenger seat with your right hand

yes, dynotune is a great company...very imformative and helpful... i suggest that the OP calls them up and asks them all the questions he has...if the guy doesnt have the answers, he knows someone who would

Who needs a remote bottle opener when you can reach behind your passenger seat with your right hand
    I had the same setup in my Iroc. I took out the rear passenger side seat and mounted it there. Easily within reach .

-Jamie M.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    I love nitrous cause it's only there when you need it. It's not suckin up extra fuel all the time, really cleans the engine out well, is pretty cheap both initially to purchase the kit, and also to keep her full. I've never had any problems running it, ever!

-Jamie M.
    Agree with you on all of those points. To the uninitiated (i.e those that watch too much f&f) the moment you say nitrous, they first thing they say is that you will blow your engine. Nitrous, if installed/used correctly, will cause much less wear to your motor than running an aggresive all motor/fi set up that increases stress all the time vs when you need it. Its great for a dual purpose street/strip car or bike.

...the moment you say nitrous, they first thing they say is that you will blow your engine
    Yeah, it's such a joke! The only time i've seen damage (ok, total engine obliteration), is when:

1. Their fuel pump dies and it runs straight nitrous into the engine (the Zex kits I use have a fuel pressure safety shutoff, so no probs there).
    2. They run just a tiny bit of fuel in their gas tank for a nice light 1/4 mile run, fuel pump sucks air, BOOM!
    3. The most common damage I've seen if from the fuel pump not keeping the pressure exactly perfect, causes a lean out, piston melting, valves, etc. hehe. A 2nd fuel pump seperate for the nitrous system is recommended
    4. Poor installation/wiring and the fuel soleniod loses power or fails. BOOM.

On my Iroc I went through 87 full bottles in the period of about 3 years before it was stolen. Never ever any issues with the engine.

-Jamie M.

Yeah, it's such a joke! The only time i've seen damage (ok, total engine obliteration), is when:

1. Their fuel pump dies and it runs straight nitrous into the engine (the Zex kits I use have a fuel pressure safety shutoff, so no probs there).
    2. They run just a tiny bit of fuel in their gas tank for a nice light 1/4 mile run, fuel pump sucks air, BOOM!
    3. The most common damage I've seen if from the fuel pump not keeping the pressure exactly perfect, causes a lean out, piston melting, valves, etc. hehe. A 2nd fuel pump seperate for the nitrous system is recommended
    4. Poor installation/wiring and the fuel soleniod loses power or fails. BOOM.

On my Iroc I went through 87 full bottles in the period of about 3 years before it was stolen. Never ever any issues with the engine.

-Jamie M.

yes, tehre is a misconseption among the masses about nitrous...but maybe its best that way... other than the stupid laws/regulations out there- those should be changed.

Wow, those guys at DynoTune really know there stuff!

He said part# 602.2 would be flawless for my bike!

He said go with the dual polished bottles, and don't tell anyone, but a local shop is making custom rear footpegs for the 08 R6 with bottle mounts on the inside! Makes the bottles look like dual under tail mufflers! SICK!

He said 30HP is no problem. If I get my computer tuned, 40HP is easy too.

System is ordered with optional electronic throttle position sensor for activation (the horn button thing didn't sound too great. better to make it idiot proof! hehe). Shipping by USPS so no brokerage. Said about a week WOOT!

-Jamie M.

I know nothing about Nitrous on a bike, however my advice to you is:

Keep the bottle well hidden, no NOS stickers and keep the fact that you have nitorus running on your bike to yourself. Do not tell anyone at timmies or the next bike meets.

I think it'll be pretty damn hard to hide a bottle anywhere on my bike! hehe.

I guess the only thing left is... When is my bike broken in enough to use it? It's only got 300km's on it right now...

-Jamie M.

MY favourite time was racing a new Mustang GT. The stock G35 is absolutely dead even with them. I left the nitrous off until about 150km/h and when I realized I couldn't pull away, click, ssssssss, WOOSH! hehe.
    And that my friends is the classic definition of street racing.

Quote Originally Posted by WoBblyCaT View Post
    This was on the 1/4 mile, at Cayuga! LOLZ!

Here is my Grand Prix runnin the 1/4 there.

Street racing? ME? sheesh.

-Jamie M.

wow! you are a man of action!!!!

WOT switch is a better method of activation than the horn switch - reduces one more potential user error point (i.e. hitting the sauce while not at wot).

30 hp aint no joke on an R6. You should surprise a lot of the litre bike boys 3rd gear onwards.

Wow, those guys at DynoTune really know there stuff!

He said part# 602.2 would be flawless for my bike!

He said go with the dual polished bottles, and don't tell anyone, but a local shop is making custom rear footpegs for the 08 R6 with bottle mounts on the inside! Makes the bottles look like dual under tail mufflers! SICK!

He said 30HP is no problem. If I get my computer tuned, 40HP is easy too.

System is ordered with optional electronic throttle position sensor for activation (the horn button thing didn't sound too great. better to make it idiot proof! hehe). Shipping by USPS so no brokerage. Said about a week WOOT!

-Jamie M.

I think it'll be pretty damn hard to hide a bottle anywhere on my bike! hehe.

I guess the only thing left is... When is my bike broken in enough to use it? It's only got 300km's on it right now...

-Jamie M.

will you be installing it yourself or paying for the service?

I will be installing it myself. The DynoTune guys said there are full instructions with photos and there are no special tools needed. They provide full installation and tech support.

The only thing I'd farm out is if I needed some crazy fab work for the brackets or something.

-Jamie M.

Quote Originally Posted by WoBblyCaT View Post
    I didnt read anything in his post that made it clear that this happened on the street.

And this my friends is the classic definition of being too quick on the politically correct bandwagon and making an ASSUMPTION without complete information.

I will be installing it myself. The DynoTune guys said there are full instructions with photos and there are no special tools needed. They provide full installation and tech support.

The only thing I'd farm out is if I needed some crazy fab work for the brackets or something.

-Jamie M.
    sounds good...

i told you that dynotune is great.

all my accessories on my zex wet (other than my remote opener) came from them...

quality product and service....other than their black 10 lb bottle...i bought as a secondary for track use and the paint peeled too easily- good thing you got the chrome.

cheers.

-Jamie M.
    just make sure you dont use teflon tape on the fittings... they have a habit of breaking down and clogging the jets.