Hi from the UK

Thread: Hi from the UK

Hi from the UK

Hello there! hope ya don't mind a Welshman in the UK joining the forum?

Been riding 30 years or so and currently (and happily ) have a Ducati 1098 and a Honda Blackbird as my rides.

I guess I won't make many of your rideouts but one day aim to ride some of Canada, I've been over a half dozen times to stay with friends around Toronto and travelled by car to the F1 race at Montreal. No race this year so maybe I should come and hire a bike and ride a couple of weeks instead

anyway....looking forward to some interesting articles and threads

cheers
    Derek

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Re: Hi from the UK

No We Don't allow your type here,,,, My Old Man was from Holyhead so I KNOW your type ,,,,,,, Just kidding..

Gotta love those sweepers on the A5025 ....

Welcome !!!!

Holyhead!! lol small world eh I'm at the opposite end of the island....Menai Bridge.

A5025 I used to really like that road but they've put a 50mph limit all over it. Tend to spend my spare evenings round the Llanberis pass area of Snowdonia, I do love my up and downies

cheers for the welcome......or the 'croeso'

Welcome Welshman

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

'ch re iawn chroesawa

I watched U2 play live in Cardiff many years ago..

Welcome aboard, Derek. Chances are it'll be cheaper for you to buy a bike and sell it at the end of your vacation or have your local friends sell it and send you the cash.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Welcome!!

Welcome!

I used to drive from Betws-y-Coed to Pwllheli on a regular basis on my trips over there...but always in a cage! I'd love to do some of the roads on my bike. The run from Saltney Ferry (where my family is from) up to Llandudno and over to Caernarfon is a nice run along the coast as well.

Croeso i Gymru! I love it there! Welcome back to Canada!
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

'05 GSXR 600, IXIL S/S dual undertail exhaust, Gorilla alarm, Vortex sliders, Vortex levers, CA integrated tail lights/flush mounts, Hotbodies hugger, HEL S/S lines, Blue DB windscreen

Welcome to the board. You do know you type with an accent eh?

A welshman, eh? Do they eat fried bread sandwiches too? Welcome to the other side of the pond, mate! Have you ever been to the Isle of Man races in person?

cheers for the warm welcome guy's!! and it's very strange to see the names Betws y Coed and Pwllheli mentioned in a Canuck forum lol I do the A5 run down to Betws y Coed on many a Sunday in fact I posted a video of the run on youtube a year or so back (my first and last video on a bike lol)

I type with an accent for sure but then so do you guy's and I can hear it now

Not had fried bread in years thank god!

Isle of Man eh........ TT races, I went the one year many many moons ago. In fact it was the year after Joey Dunlop had taken the lap record to 110mph and as I recall had a 50p piece minted in his honour by the IoM. (First commoner on a coin of the realm ?) I took a day trip on the ferry with a few mates and have to say the whole thing was a let down and never went back. I'm sure it's a fab week/fortnight for those that get "it" but it passed me by I know lots of people who go every year so I must be wrong.....maybe I should give it another go sometime but for the last few years I've been happy following WSB, MotoGP and F1 in particular, all over the place.

forgot to add the link to my A5 Snowdonia vid

it was my first ride of 08 and my lines are rusay as hell but it makes me smile when I look at it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwcogJjczzo

Out to the "Ugly House"....That vid sure takes me home. I can't wait to get back this summer and get on the road through there to the worst fish and chip shop in all the UK down in Bala...
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

'05 GSXR 600, IXIL S/S dual undertail exhaust, Gorilla alarm, Vortex sliders, Vortex levers, CA integrated tail lights/flush mounts, Hotbodies hugger, HEL S/S lines, Blue DB windscreen