Rider Killed in Uxbridge today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rider Killed in Uxbridge today

Rider Killed in Uxbridge today

R.I.P.

Motorcyle rider dies in Uxbridge collision
    UXBRIDGE — The driver of a motorcycle has died after colliding with a vehicle on Concession 3 in Uxbridge Tuesday afternoon. The accident, just north of Ashworth Road, happened just before 1 p.m. and has resulted in a detour for motorists heading southbound on Concession 3 in the area. Check with newsdurhamregion.com as further details become available.

Re: Rider Killed in Uxbridge today

R.I.P rider....

R.I.P. Sad to hear, to many drivers think the bikes have been put away for the year already and aren't paying attention

Lots of bikes out today, sad to see a beautiful day end so tragically.
    Condolences to friends and family.

Rip

Rip.....

RIP and Condelences to family and friends

Rip

OMG!
    I was riding in that same area at about the same time today
    RIP

R.I.P bro.
    2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR250 - sold
    1994 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600
    1997 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R
    1998 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R
    1996 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R

rip

Too d*** many!....and another one of my co-workers. I'm getting sick thinking of all these tragic losses.

RIP, brother.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

'05 GSXR 600, IXIL S/S dual undertail exhaust, Gorilla alarm, Vortex sliders, Vortex levers, CA integrated tail lights/flush mounts, Hotbodies hugger, HEL S/S lines, Blue DB windscreen

R.i.p.

Rip

A 51-year-old Toronto firefighter was killed when his motorcycle and an SUV collided in Uxbridge, police confirmed yesterday.

Stephen Buck, 51, of Geoffrey Cres., in Stouffville, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash Tuesday on Concession Road 3 and Ashworth Road in Uxbridge.

"It was horrific," said motorist Paul Malcolm, who was first at the scene of the 11 a.m. accident.

Malcolm said he tried calling 911, but it was a dead zone, so he drove away until he could get a cellular signal to call 911.

Police said that Buck was riding his Yamaha motorcycle east on Ashworth and collided in the intersection at Concession Rd. 3 with a northbound Chevrolet Tahoe.

RIGHT OF WAY

"All we really know is that the right of way was to the gentleman in the SUV and the motorcycle got himself into a position where he was in front of the SUV," Det.-Const. Jamie Pogson said.

The driver of the Chevrolet, a 62-year-old Uxbridge man, and his passenger, a 33-year-old Stouffville man, were treated for minor injuries at Uxbridge Cottage Hospital.

It's not expected any charges will be laid against the SUV driver, police said.

The intersection has stop signs that govern east and west traffic flow, but there is no traffic control for vehicles travelling north or south on Concession Rd. 3.

"It's a very bad intersection because no one seems to stop. There should be a four-way stop there," said Malcolm, 57.

Anyone who saw the accident or who may have information to call Det.-Const. Pogson at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 5231 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

i'm so saddened to hear this ...
    R.I.P.

Banned

RIP rider. I know that stretch well.

Rip

~~Gray-haired riders don’t get that way from pure luck. And the laugh lines are a bonus~~

I am.
    You are.
    They are.
    We are...
    ...all connected...
    ...as "One"

RIP brother

maybo

I’m not part of the motorcycle community but my friend and next-door neighbour Steve was, and I just wanted you to know a little bit about him. On a sports/photo website I operate, I’ve occasionally mentioned Steve in my blog, labelling him “The World’s Greatest Next-Door Neighbour.” It’s an apt title. Away on vacation? Steve would cut your grass, shovel your driveway, pick up your newspapers, you name it. He did all of this without asking, just by noticing the absence of your car in the driveway. You’d be trying to put off hauling out the snowblower after a major storm on a lazy Sunday, preferring to watch an NFL playoff game. But then you’d hear Steve fire up his, and you knew you had to get up off the couch, because if you didn’t he’d end up clearing his driveway AND yours. And that never goes over well with the bride. Steve would also do the driveways regularly across the street at the first hint of snow, as those folks are getting up in years. He was a firefighter, a 51-year-old man of boundless energy and good cheer and a devoted family man with a delightful wife and two lovely adult daughters whom we’ve watched grow up. When “Tonka,” his white lab, passed on a few years ago, Steve bought a motorcycle instead of a puppy and then later traded it for a newer Yamaha, keeping it primed and polished for the road trips he and his wife would take, all over the continent. He was the best neighbour I’ve had -- and I’ve been blessed with some great ones. And I’d venture to say he was the best neighbour any neighbourhood could have. He was the glue and soul of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by maybo View Post
    I’m not part of the motorcycle community but my friend and next-door neighbour Steve was, and I just wanted you to know a little bit about him. On a sports/photo website I operate, I’ve occasionally mentioned Steve in my blog, labelling him “The World’s Greatest Next-Door Neighbour.” It’s an apt title. Away on vacation? Steve would cut your grass, shovel your driveway, pick up your newspapers, you name it. He did all of this without asking, just by noticing the absence of your car in the driveway. You’d be trying to put off hauling out the snowblower after a major storm on a lazy Sunday, preferring to watch an NFL playoff game. But then you’d hear Steve fire up his, and you knew you had to get up off the couch, because if you didn’t he’d end up clearing his driveway AND yours. And that never goes over well with the bride. Steve would also do the driveways regularly across the street at the first hint of snow, as those folks are getting up in years. He was a firefighter, a 51-year-old man of boundless energy and good cheer and a devoted family man with a delightful wife and two lovely adult daughters whom we’ve watched grow up. When “Tonka,” his white lab, passed on a few years ago, Steve bought a motorcycle instead of a puppy and then later traded it for a newer Yamaha, keeping it primed and polished for the road trips he and his wife would take, all over the continent. He was the best neighbour I’ve had -- and I’ve been blessed with some great ones. And I’d venture to say he was the best neighbour any neighbourhood could have. He was the glue and soul of ours.
    My condolences to you, sounds like another great soul has been taken too soon.