Rode the "Ganny" Yesterday

Thread: Rode the "Ganny" Yesterday

Rode the "Ganny" Yesterday

Havent been for a good trail ride in a long time, Ive mostly been riding all MX Track's, man is that place incredible. Tons of tight technical stuff, tons of hill climbs, it was a blast, I may have to put a light on my RMZ, or put dirt tires on my DRZsm. Anyone else ride in the Ganaraska?
    Yellow fever!!! I love Japanese........Bikes!!!

Re: Rode the "Ganny" Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by SVHenn View Post
    Havent been for a good trail ride in a long time, Ive mostly been riding all MX Track's, man is that place incredible. Tons of tight technical stuff, tons of hill climbs, it was a blast, I may have to put a light on my RMZ, or put dirt tires on my DRZsm. Anyone else ride in the Ganaraska?
    Ganny is a sweet place, a lot of rules to follow but sweet none the less.

I find as long as you have your paperwork you are o.k. Also if you ride midweek there is no one there! Its a nice change from Tracks.

I thot u were floating your fanny

Northumberland Forest is just as good. And you can ride to it from the Ganny if you have a blue plated bike.

Quote Originally Posted by WoBblyCaT View Post
    I thot u were floating your fanny
    not sure what that meens...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    Northumberland Forest is just as good. And you can ride to it from the Ganny if you have a blue plated bike.
    that whole area is great, its crazy how far you can go. and at only 1 hr from my house its no furter then any ski hill! Also there are so many families there, its great to see the little riders out there ripping.

I was there on Friday, trails in good shape and quieter than on a Sat, especially cause Mini Pine was happening

blue2006

not sure what that meens...
    I think he meant this.. it was a couple/few weeks ago

River Race
    Port Hope, Ont.
    In 1980, a devastating flood crippled Port Hope's downtown area. Each year, residents commemorate the occurrence and celebrate the town's fortitude by organizing a race along the Ganaraska River. The 10-kilometre Float Your Fanny Down the Ganny draws crowds of up to 15,000 spectators, who come to see kayaks and canoes race for prizes. Most entertaining for spectators are the crazy crafts that are also entered in the race.
    Cost: Free for spectators. The fee to enter the race ranges from $20 to $25 per craft.
    Where: Port Hope, Ont., about 90 minutes east of Toronto.
    When: The race starts at 10 a.m. on Saturday. Competitors can register on Friday or on Saturday morning before the race.
    How: For information, call Port Hope Tourism at (88 767-8467 or visit http://www.floatyourfanny.ca.

well that makes a little more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    +1

I went from the Pickering Pitts to peterborough on trails!! (blue plated for road crossings and gas fillups of course!)
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

Quote Originally Posted by blue2006 View Post
    ... a race along the Ganaraska River. The 10-kilometre Float Your Fanny Down the Ganny draws crowds of up to 15,000 spectators, who come to see kayaks and canoes race for prizes. Most entertaining for spectators are the crazy crafts that are also entered in the race.

http://www.floatyourfanny.ca.
    Yep, that's what I was talkin' about Willis.

My son and I did the Mini Pine Trail Ride on Saturday. I thought that it was supposed to be for kids. I don't know if it was because of the word "Mini" or because I was checking out the Jim Kelly ride that is coming up (which has a kids trail ride). We only did the part up to the gas stop (42 kms.) and it was great.
    We had a few issues. My bike kept stalling so its a good thing I have a wimpy electric-start CRF230. I was too worried about running out of gas for the second half that I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. My son got lost for 5 minutes or so. I got too far ahead of him and he took a wrong turn.
    My son is 11 and he's a great kid. He has a small wheel TT-R125 and has been riding for a few years now. He really enjoyed himself. It was our first ride of the year and we paid for it the next day. De pain!
    I'll be taking him up to the CMTS for a day in June. He gets A's at school so skipping a day of school to do that is one of his many rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketcase View Post
    My son and I did the Mini Pine Trail Ride on Saturday. I thought that it was supposed to be for kids. I don't know if it was because of the word "Mini" or because I was checking out the Jim Kelly ride that is coming up (which has a kids trail ride). We only did the part up to the gas stop (42 kms.) and it was great.
    We had a few issues. My bike kept stalling so its a good thing I have a wimpy electric-start CRF230. I was too worried about running out of gas for the second half that I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. My son got lost for 5 minutes or so. I got too far ahead of him and he took a wrong turn.
    My son is 11 and he's a great kid. He has a small wheel TT-R125 and has been riding for a few years now. He really enjoyed himself. It was our first ride of the year and we paid for it the next day. De pain!
    I'll be taking him up to the CMTS for a day in June. He gets A's at school so skipping a day of school to do that is one of his many rewards.
    The mini pines is suppose to be family and newbie friendly from what I read, but I stayed away due to my inexperience.
    Ahhh i also read about the CMTS, great reward for him for passing school. I'm sure he'll have a blast there

Ohhh, i remembered i had the link saved in my favorites just incase any one is interested in learning more information

http://www.cmts.org/default.aspx
    Last edited by ts; 05-27-2008 at 05:01 PM.