THE 4th ANNUAL SPRING BLING MEET 'N GREET THANG! Sat.May10th.3pm - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: THE 4th ANNUAL SPRING BLING MEET 'N GREET THANG! Sat.May10th.3pm

Re: THE 4th ANNUAL SPRING BLING MEET 'N GREET THANG! Sat.May10th.3pm

Thanks for organizing this Romey, and coming to greet us in person too. I have a suggestion for the next time: The whole day come-and-go-as-you-please is cool, but I think it would be nice to set time for a "main event", like a parade around the block, a big photo-op lineup of as many bikes as possible or something similar that would attract as many people at one place all at the same time. Just a thought...
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Although I only met few of you but that was a great meet. Nice meeting you all! Thanks for the Beer Slim!

not so
    pure 2-stroke spirit

Hey Romey, good to see you again, and thanks for organizing!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Thanks for organizing this Romey, and coming to greet us in person too. I have a suggestion for the next time: The whole day come-and-go-as-you-please is cool, but I think it would be nice to set time for a "main event", like a parade around the block, a big photo-op lineup of as many bikes as possible or something similar that would attract as many people at one place all at the same time. Just a thought...
    great idea Vlad! always a pleasure (let's make sure our buddy there finally get's on 2 wheels eh?! ).

lol, i guess we really could have ridden around qew/427/401/dvp to protest the gas prices and bill 203!

i guess, this "thing" should only get bigger and better each year, and i'm gonna need more man/woman power to get it to that next level...

some other ideas i've been toying with:
    - northern meet n greet with bbq near a lake to jump in, and roads galore
    - show n shine, "best of" show
    - definitely a "thunder" ride of some sort
    - more charity stuff
    - bike wash
    - vendors/tents
    - gear like t-shirts and hats to sell
    - a mid summer meet on the hottest day of the year (hmmm, maybe a pi-g-gy back with ribfest...eh?!!!!! that'd be awesome)
    - designated safe spot for stuntas
    - more communication with police, so i don't get in trouble from the sargeant again
    - maybe a ride through a local hospital and show our support for sick kids
    - uhm...bikini contest...
    - and media coverage

wait a minute this sounds like a full blown bike week! yikes!

anyway, always a great pleasure meeting new faces and seeing the support!

good to see you too wobbly!
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º> ´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

maan i say lets put this thing to work :P.. it is a lot of work but if this is a success.. maan u'll be the tv star

Quote Originally Posted by romey View Post
    great idea Vlad! always a pleasure (let's make sure our buddy there finally get's on 2 wheels eh?! ).

lol, i guess we really could have ridden around qew/427/401/dvp to protest the gas prices and bill 203!

i guess, this "thing" should only get bigger and better each year, and i'm gonna need more man/woman power to get it to that next level...

some other ideas i've been toying with:
    - northern meet n greet with bbq near a lake to jump in, and roads galore
    - show n shine, "best of" show
    - definitely a "thunder" ride of some sort
    - more charity stuff
    - bike wash
    - vendors/tents
    - gear like t-shirts and hats to sell
    - a mid summer meet on the hottest day of the year (hmmm, maybe a pi-g-gy back with ribfest...eh?!!!!! that'd be awesome)
    - designated safe spot for stuntas
    - more communication with police, so i don't get in trouble from the sargeant again
    - maybe a ride through a local hospital and show our support for sick kids
    - uhm...bikini contest...
    - and media coverage

wait a minute this sounds like a full blown bike week! yikes!

anyway, always a great pleasure meeting new faces and seeing the support!

good to see you too wobbly!

Don't worry, I'll bust his balls on a regular basis - he's just a few cubicles away

You certainly don't suffer from shortage of ideas! I especially like the one that involves a dip in a lake and a nice barbecue to compliment a lot of riding. I'm thinking open fire grill in Torrance Barrens and a swim in Bala, or somewhere else up north. Can't wait for the waters to warm up...
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

Romey,

Thanks for eveything....When you come out to bike night downtown For Shopsy's & Chic Riders !!!!!!!! U WILL NOT HAVE A BILL HERE it will be on me !!!!EVETHING!!!!!

cheers
    R1 TimmaY

Don't worry, I'll bust his balls on a regular basis - he's just a few cubicles away

You certainly don't suffer from shortage of ideas! I especially like the one that involves a dip in a lake and a nice barbecue to compliment a lot of riding. I'm thinking open fire grill in Torrance Barrens and a swim in Bala, or somewhere else up north. Can't wait for the waters to warm up...
    lol, i KNEW you'd be all over the dip in the lake! worse comes to worse, we can still link up the northern ride with dip in the lake. Torrance barrens eh? more info please! can't go wrong with bala, good icecream there too!

Quote Originally Posted by R1 TimmaY View Post
    Romey,

Thanks for eveything....When you come out to bike night downtown For Shopsy's & Chic Riders !!!!!!!! U WILL NOT HAVE A BILL HERE it will be on me !!!!EVETHING!!!!!

cheers
    R1 TimmaY
    bahh, whatever dude!! no needs!! you're too kind and generous! i'm looking forward to swingin by there too!.... actually, i'm sure every guy is! lol! glad the ladies made it out!

gotta say, things have definitely grown for the better for us riders in the past few years, i mean really, comparing to when i started on the forum, we got way more bike nights! all we had was DQ mondays in ssauga! lol! and there we got kicked out! and now everyone's happy to have us over!
    progress is good but it all can't be done w/o everyone supporting all the many rides and meet and greets! so hat's off to ALL!

cheers!

The event was pretty good, I enjoyed it! But now im disappointed, is that "it" for this year?

Itd be nice to have a meet up of that scale once every month or so, any chance something similar gets organized netime soon?

lol, i KNEW you'd be all over the dip in the lake! worse comes to worse, we can still link up the northern ride with dip in the lake. Torrance barrens eh? more info please! can't go wrong with bala, good icecream there too!
    Torrance Barrens Dark Sky Reserve is on Southwood Road, a few Km south of Torrance, about 15 minutes from Bala. A beautiful place to park the bikes on the Canadian Shield rock, shoot a few pictures, enjoy the scenery and starry sky at night, have barbecues, etc. We went there yesterday - pictures are here. Finding a place to take a dip in that little lake would be an icing on the cake!

Quote Originally Posted by 15000RPM+ View Post
    The event was pretty good, I enjoyed it! But now im disappointed, is that "it" for this year?

Itd be nice to have a meet up of that scale once every month or so, any chance something similar gets organized netime soon?
    sigh, it's what i keep hearing...which is why i've also done an end of the season wrap up meet in the past . . . and now the "mid summa slamma bamma meet n greet" . . . eh? eh?!

(hey, are my sayings ghey or what? "spring bling"?? wtf?! caught on tho )

Torrance Barrens Dark Sky Reserve is on Southwood Road, a few Km south of Torrance, about 15 minutes from Bala. A beautiful place to park the bikes on the Canadian Shield rock, shoot a few pictures, enjoy the scenery and starry sky at night, have barbecues, etc. We went there yesterday - pictures are here. Finding a place to take a dip in that little lake would be an icing on the cake!
    man, you find the coolest places vlad! thanks for the link, gotta visit that spot one day...now i know where you and the wifey go skinny dipping....!

man, you find the coolest places vlad! thanks for the link, gotta visit that spot one day...now i know where you and the wifey go skinny dipping....!
    If only I had something lighter and more off-road worthy than the big bandit there would be no telling what I's find . There must be a dual-sport in my future somewhere - that KTM Super Enduro I tested on Saturday was mighty fine!

UMM I agree with that man the R1 didn't like the off roading part to much I hit bottom big on a rock ....but stilll would do it all over agian

If only I had something lighter and more off-road worthy than the big bandit there would be no telling what I's find . There must be a dual-sport in my future somewhere - that KTM Super Enduro I tested on Saturday was mighty fine!

bahh, whatever dude!! no needs!! you're too kind and generous! i'm looking forward to swingin by there too!.... actually, i'm sure every guy is! lol! glad the ladies made it out!

gotta say, things have definitely grown for the better for us riders in the past few years, i mean really, comparing to when i started on the forum, we got way more bike nights! all we had was DQ mondays in ssauga! lol! and there we got kicked out! and now everyone's happy to have us over!
    progress is good but it all can't be done w/o everyone supporting all the many rides and meet and greets! so hat's off to ALL!

cheers!
    Ha Ha Ha... thanks for the support of our upcoming bike nights.

We had a good time at Spring Bling, looking forward to the next event!!
    ~ Suzuki Girl ~