John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited

Re: John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited

We just recently launched our new website which is now offering online quotes. I hope you find it user friendly - don't hesitate to call if you are having any issues and we'd be happy to help or confirm the rate you received.
    http://www.johnduffyinsurance.com/quotes.html

In addition, we have added an insurance news section on the home page. This will change daily with the changing insurance issues.
    http://www.johnduffyinsurance.com/index.html

You may find the Customer Care section useful. Here we have included a glossary of insurance terms and some tips you may find helpful.
    http://www.johnduffyinsurance.com/carecentre.html
    Free Bike Insurance Quotes
    John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited
    Insuring Motorcycles since 1963
    Toronto - (905)479-2013
    Outside Toronto - Toll Free 1-866-383-3957

The online insurance quote system for bikes does not work. I get this error, "Years Licensed is invalid
    Based on your birthdate and date first licensed your years licensed should be -1"

I dont see how something can be NEGATIVE one year, let me know when the issue has been resolved, thanks.

P.S website looks good and easy to navigate, just gotta work out the bugs now.

Quote Originally Posted by jon12001 View Post
    i just got off the phone with them and i was quoted 64 dollars less then statefarm a month on a honda cbr 600. Only thing i didnt like about them is they wanted everything in one payment !! I see a few people on here got to pay in 3 payments but the lady told me they needed it all up front ?
    Don't forget thay are brokers so if the company that gives you the rate might want it up front and the people who pay three have a diffrent company.

hi, i would like a rough quote as well.

I'm 21 years old, got i've been insured with my parent's auto insurance company for a year now. I only have my g2 for a year.

i got my m1 in may this year, and i plan on getting my g2 in august.

I'm looking at buying a honda cbr250rr or a cbr400r, either of which would be at least 15 years old (1990 or 1992 or maybe newer. i.e. 94).. if it isn't a honda it would be one of equivalent grade bike bye yamaha, kawi or suzuki of the same era.

the bikes that i'm looking at would not be over 25000km and they would not have non-oem mods

could you gimme a quote on both the 250 and 400 size bike?

Thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    The online insurance quote system for bikes does not work. I get this error, "Years Licensed is invalid
    Based on your birthdate and date first licensed your years licensed should be -1"

I dont see how something can be NEGATIVE one year, let me know when the issue has been resolved, thanks.

P.S website looks good and easy to navigate, just gotta work out the bugs now.
    They still haven't quite worked out the kinks. I tried getting a online quote for motorcycle insurance and I got error telling me my g1 and g2 dates weren't valid. g1/g2 for motorcycle insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by razorblade2099 View Post
    They still haven't quite worked out the kinks. I tried getting a online quote for motorcycle insurance and I got error telling me my g1 and g2 dates weren't valid. g1/g2 for motorcycle insurance?
    Although our new online quote service has provided thousands of quotes without issue, there are still a few little rating glitches to be fixed. One is with respect to the graduated license section. Our IT guys are working on it and hope to have it fixed shortly, but it has taken a little longer than we would have liked.

In the meantime, there is a very simple solution to override the problem. Just complete the most recent license class box. Example, if you have a class M2 license - only complete the M2 box and leave the M1 box blank.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any other problems don't hesitate to call. We could give you a phone quote in about three minutes.
    Toronto - (905)479-2013

Quote Originally Posted by jon12001 View Post
    i just got off the phone with them and i was quoted 64 dollars less then statefarm a month on a honda cbr 600. Only thing i didnt like about them is they wanted everything in one payment !! I see a few people on here got to pay in 3 payments but the lady told me they needed it all up front ?

"64 dollars a month" ! thats amazing man, I just got my license and I've been looking around for quotes so far I've called John R Duffy and for a 2009 Ninja 250r they Quoted me 2350 per year. I've also done some online quotes with Kingsway and they quoted me similarly.

I am 19 years old and I understand thats a relatively "high risk" age for insurance companies, but what are some things I can do to get a better quote. I know joining Ontario Motorcycle association will give me a discount, but what else? Alarm systems? Or getting a group of riders to get policies with the same company??

ANY tips I can get for lowering that insurance (other than waiting till I am older) would be greatly appreciated.

Not surprised! I've been promoting these guys for along time for good reason!!! Until I find someone cheaper they will continue to be my broker!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nardi250r View Post
    "64 dollars a month" ! thats amazing man, I just got my license and I've been looking around for quotes so far I've called John R Duffy and for a 2009 Ninja 250r they Quoted me 2350 per year. I've also done some online quotes with Kingsway and they quoted me similarly.

I am 19 years old and I understand thats a relatively "high risk" age for insurance companies, but what are some things I can do to get a better quote. I know joining Ontario Motorcycle association will give me a discount, but what else? Alarm systems? Or getting a group of riders to get policies with the same company??

ANY tips I can get for lowering that insurance (other than waiting till I am older) would be greatly appreciated.
    Take a riding course, that will drop it. Are you going for full coverage? If youre just getting liability, getting an alarm wont drop your rate since that will really only affect theft.

If you join a riding club that has a group policy that may get you a bit cheaper insurance. I know my company provides group auto insurance, but its really not that much cheaper (infact it was more expensive than the best quote i got, by a lot).

Turning 20 will also drop it a bit. Are you turning 20 soon or did you just turn 19? Oh you could also get married and have kids. That drops your rate. If you know any pretty girls from russia looking for citizenship that might be an option.

Other than that, there isnt much you can do other than shop around. Try kanetix.ca and use their rate finder. The lowest rate it found me was pretty comparable to what i got calling JR Duffy (but still more). JR duffy was the absolute cheapest by 200 bucks per year. And im 23 and on a small bike too (CB125).

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson View Post
    Take a riding course, that will drop it. Are you going for full coverage? If youre just getting liability, getting an alarm wont drop your rate since that will really only affect theft.

If you join a riding club that has a group policy that may get you a bit cheaper insurance. I know my company provides group auto insurance, but its really not that much cheaper (infact it was more expensive than the best quote i got, by a lot).

Turning 20 will also drop it a bit. Are you turning 20 soon or did you just turn 19? Oh you could also get married and have kids. That drops your rate. If you know any pretty girls from russia looking for citizenship that might be an option.

Other than that, there isnt much you can do other than shop around. Try kanetix.ca and use their rate finder. The lowest rate it found me was pretty comparable to what i got calling JR Duffy (but still more). JR duffy was the absolute cheapest by 200 bucks per year. And im 23 and on a small bike too (CB125).

As a matter of fact I will be turning 20 just before i purchase the bike... as for mail order brides I don't think i will be doing that, but thanks for the advice.

Do you guys insure 70cc bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by ct70 View Post
    Do you guys insure 70cc bikes?
    Perhaps I am wrong, but isn't the CT70 a mini trail bike? Is it street legal in Ontario?

I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

All motorcycles street and trail must carry insurance. Trail bikes must also have green plate for bush riding. Insurance is not required to drive on your own property, but other than that to use public or private trails you must carry insurance.

If a standard market will not insure the bike, independant brokers can insure them through the Facility Association. The only problem is that to insure a bike the rider must have a drivers licence.

Underage drivers can not be insured on trail bikes.

A woman asked me for my birthday, the type of license I held, my postal code, and what bike I want insured. I'm checking out two bikes that I've been looking at.

She was like "but that's a sport bike." With a severely disgusted sounding tone. Then put me on hold.

I've been on hold for 10+ min. I just hung up.
    Down with pants, up with skirts!

Join us! http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...2012-June-8-10

Sending a PM for a quote
    2008 KLR650, blue 21 aka Thumper.
    2010 Can-Am RT aka Bomur.

I did an online quote On your website. you will be hearing from me in a few weeks.

Quoted 2559 per year. 21 liability. m1

26 years of age with a G license for over 10yrs. no accidents.

I have 3 minor tickets with no points lost, what insurance company could i go with. i tried calling around, and got quoted more then the bike is worth...

Have an M1, will be going for M2 by the end of this month.

Ride a 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6 (R6) 599-600cc

what are my options, whom can i call, please.

Quote Originally Posted by kissdaring View Post
    26 years of age with a G license for over 10yrs. no accidents.

I have 3 minor tickets with no points lost, what insurance company could i go with. i tried calling around, and got quoted more then the bike is worth...

Have an M1, will be going for M2 by the end of this month.

Ride a 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6 (R6) 599-600cc

what are my options, whom can i call, please.
    Just call the office or you can get a quote online on our website.
    Toronto - (905)479-2013

Can I get a quick quote

2001 CBR F4I. Clean record. no tickets or claims nothing. M2 for a year now.

Age 24 male. Location Woodbridge L4H

Your site says my quote is 3200$ which i find absurd for being 24 with a clean record and m2
    Last edited by Sydarm; 07-21-2010 at 05:23 PM.