Ride to Conquer Cancer (RCC) 2012: June 8-10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ride to Conquer Cancer (RCC) 2012: June 8-10

minidisco

Site Supporter
Dear present and past members of the Moto Safety Team... and welcome potential aspiring new members, too!

We have started assembling the roster for the 2012 event (taking place on June 09 and 10, barely SIX months away). From past participation, we all know time flies and the event gets close before you know it. In previous years, we started hassling to get the roster full roughly around this time, but I have to say that sign-up was much higher then... and not so much now.

With this in mind, I invite - nay, URGE - you to register for the event by visiting www.conquercancer.ca, selecting Ontario, choose REGISTER then select "Join an existing team" and look for the "moto safety" team name. The password is the same as the team name: please enter it and register!! The participant (crew) cost is a mere $25.00 per person (rider or passenger regardless), so please sign up soonest... Tell your friends, tell your family, bring a passenger if you can and register them all: we need you!!

For the 2012 event, our 5th anniversary, there are a number of changes to how the route is run - so we need registered team members as soon as possible. The biggest change is that we will be running FIVE routes for the 5th anniversary, so we're looking at a Moto Safety Team of at least 120 members. That's 1/3 more people than the last event, and THREE TIMES as many team members as we had for the first two years.

More information will follow once you register. Once you're all signed up, please forward me (by email addressed to minidisco72@gmail.com) the following information:

[ ] your full registered name
[ ] your participant ID number
[ ] your preferred (read: BEST) email address
[ ] your cell number <-- in case we need to get a hold of you to confirm the email address or other issues
[ ] the town in which you live (or will be living in May and June 2010) <-- so we'll know which Moto sub-team to assign you to
[ ] whether you're a passenger, or if you have a preference for ONE team partner

I look forward to an onslaught of emails in the coming days, from all you eager riders and participants - and I look forward even more to filling up all 120 spots on the roster as soon as possible, and hopefully starting our first-ever "waiting list" of potential team members.

As of March 7, the Moto Safety Team has around 55 members. We need at least 65 more members.

This is a wonderful way to give back while DOING WHAT YOU LOVE!

It costs you next to nothing, the registration fee is only $25 but that covers ALL YOUR MEALS during the event! And it's NOT a ham sandwich with a juice box!

They even set up tents for you to stay so at the end of the evening, when you're ready to rest, it's all there for you!

Also...it should be mentioned that there are usually wine and beer sponsors at camp ;)

Im a cyclist for the event and just wanna say thank you to everyone :)
My fifth year riding! Rich (used to ride the Ural) knows me.

Im a cyclist for the event and just wanna say thank you to everyone :)
My fifth year riding! Rich (used to ride the Ural) knows me.

Well, not in a biblical sense Cat. Just in case people get the wrong impression. LOL
Alas, Ural is gone. But this is my 4th time at this event.
But it is such a blast to see so many people peddling 2 wheels for such a great cause.

Well, not in a biblical sense Cat. Just in case people get the wrong impression. LOL
Alas, Ural is gone. But this is my 4th time at this event.
But it is such a blast to see so many people peddling 2 wheels for such a great cause.

Haha no. But we've been to the same events, share friends.

Honestly I wish I could split in two cus I would love to help with the moto team.

We have hotel bookings for our team. Forget what hotel but one of the upper end ones (not my choice :s ) But if anyone is interested I could let you know if we dont need all the rooms.

We have hotel bookings for our team. Forget what hotel but one of the upper end ones (not my choice :s ) But if anyone is interested I could let you know if we dont need all the rooms.

A lot of people must have done that. I just looked for a hotel room for the night and I either need to go back to Burlington or over to Grimsby. lol
I'm NOT doing that McMaster thing again......ever....... lol

The Moto team ROCKS!!! I've participated in it for two years and both times the experience has been life changing. I see it as making a personal contribution to finding the cure for cancer!!!! Every bit helps, even the longest journey begins with one single step. If you try it once,
you'll be hooked. Register, come to the meeting(s) - pay you in friendship. Jim

How does the moto safety team work? Do you patrol a route? Get dispatched? Follow an indivudal cycling team? My wife will be riding (bicycle) this year with a team and I'm interested in helping out.

G

The Moto Safety Team members get paired up as partners, and each pairing gets assigned a "trouble intersection" for the duration of the cyclists passing through; once the last cyclist has gone, the pair calls dispatch and get reassigned further up the route to repeat the task. We do this both days, between 7am-7pm non-stop, regardless of weather conditions. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided - as is a tent, for those that want to spend the night at camp (in Hamilton).

For more info, feel free to contact me at <minidisco72@gmail.com> or call me any time at (416) 890-0563.
nick.

Anyone organizing the team for 2013?

I was thinking of joining, but this is for bicycles only or am I wrong?
The Motosafety Crew, ride motorcycles to facilitate the safety of the bicycle riders. The crew mostly works at the controlled and uncontrolled intersections that the cyclists have to pass through. When the last cyclist passes, you hope on your motorcycles and ride ahead to the next needed hazard.

I'm one of the cyclist, but was thinking of trying to get some of my friends to join as the Motosafety crew. Just don't know who to forward them to.

I'm one of the cyclist, but was thinking of trying to get some of my friends to join as the Motosafety crew. Just don't know who to forward them to.
PM Minidisco, he is the captain of the Motosafety Crew. I believe that they are still looking for more crew this year.

Yes please: you can email me directly at <minidisco72@gmail.com> or call me any time at (416) 890-0563. We are in need of 120 motorcyclists for the event running on June 8 & 9, and so far we only have 43 confirmed registered team members. Please forward this to anyone interested in volunteering for the weekend - even if it's for only 1 day, not both - and we'll help them get registered. We need the help, any support will be welcome!

Back
Top Bottom