State Farm Agent please?

Thread: State Farm Agent please?

State Farm Agent please?

anyone currently having coverage under State Farm with JUST their bike/bikes? mind sharing your agent contact info?

Thanks!

Re: State Farm Agent please?

i know one in Richmond hill area, they don't care if you have a car with them or not but I know you would get a better rate. if you want send me a message and i forward the contact info.

Margot Bai (aka Wigglycat)
    905 881-9199

She will quote you. She works for Sharon Andrews State Farm in Richmond Hill.
    Last edited by WoBblyCaT; 10-06-2008 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Updated Margot's contact info.

this is the broker I deal with out in Pickering.

Trina Owens (or ask for Amanda)
    Contact Numbers:
    Phone: (905) 420-8500
    Fax: (905) 420-4329
    Toll Free: 1-866-420-8501

Try George McFarlane. He quoted me the cheapest price.....could you believe $3100 difference between SF and TD Canada Trust, and SF was full coverage while TD only Liability

george.mcfarlane.b3jt@statefarm.com

Tell him the guy waiting for his Monster 696 referred him

if your looking for an agent in scarbrough...

i went through Roy Mokedanz, (hes the agent, but i delt with Julia, his doughter) there was a $6000 price difference between anything else i could find (yes $6000)

McCowan and Sheppard

416 297 0450

So ummmm you all know that every State Farm agent uses the same internal quoting system and will all give you the same quote, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WoBblyCaT View Post
    So ummmm you all know that every State Farm agent uses the same internal quoting system and will all give you the same quote, right?
    Wobbly ..

i was going to ask you about that .. i wasnt sure if they all did or not.

I guess the bike thing is where you reside and your driving history than ..

Quote Originally Posted by WoBblyCaT View Post
    well, i know they all use the same system to generate quotes. but so far i have been getting different number from different state farm agent. the biggest difference is close to $1,000 a year.

That's what was posted on here a while ago, that agents will give you different quotes. Did anyone's insurance on bike only go down during your second year with state farm? Cause bf's didn't go down 1 cent!
    *~Maggie~*

Quote Originally Posted by raymond View Post
    well, i know they all use the same system to generate quotes. but so far i have been getting different number from different state farm agent. the biggest difference is close to $1,000 a year.
    There's a million variables when doing the quote but at the end of the day a quote is just an estimate. Some agents/staff are more thorough when asking for your info and take into account multi-line discounts (eg. bringing your car to them also), increasing your deductible, reducing your coverage (basic vs. comprehensive), etc. etc. If all agents entered exactly the same info into their internal quoting system, each agent would quote you the same. Whether you sign with agent "A" or "Z" your final rates will be the same.

It helps to go with a knowledgeable agent as they will suggest things like the stuff I mentioned above and probably other ways to decrease your premiums. Insurance is all about the company covering your risks so remember that cheaper rates (within the same company) always equates with less coverage.

Sometimes they may suggest a short term life policy with your motorcycle insurance which may or may not save you money. You may think this is upselling or scamming but if you end up paying the same for bike plus life ins, it's like getting life ins for free (or for pennies more) -- $20,000 to help your family in case of an untimely death is nothing to sneeze at.

FYI I don't work in insurance, I'm just married to someone who is.

i have been calling around latley too. It;s such horse ****. Makes me mad how much we have to pay even if you ahve a clean record (cars or bikes)
    If i don;t find anything significantly cheaper than what Avi singh quoted i'll just go with him, and least he was very helpfull

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman View Post
    this is the broker I deal with out in Pickering.

Trina Owens (or ask for Amanda)
    Contact Numbers:
    Phone: (905) 420-8500
    Fax: (905) 420-4329
    Toll Free: 1-866-420-8501
    This is where I got my insurance from and Amanda was my agent. However, last time I called in (October), she wasn't working there anymore.

I got to go bike insurance shopping soon! Do you guys know if SF insures my house too? :P

Guess I have to start looking for insurance now too and was wondering if there was any particular State Farm agent in the Woodbridge/Vaughan area that riders here use? I'd be willing to move my vehicles and house so long as the rates are the same or cheaper than what I've got now.

Lobo