Harassment Advice? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harassment Advice?

Re: Harassment Advice?

Airhorn.........

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    She needs a good shaggin,

Gimme her number, we'll go on a double date, I'll take one for the team.

You'll have to cover if my wife calls though!
    I'm sure we can find someone to do your wife at the same time.....

*applauds*

Nice, very nice.

Syl

ok... if you don't want to change your number then...
    Change your answering machine... get some chick to record a new message for you... "Hello you've reached Paris please leave a message"...
    She will think you changed your number... and eventually stop calling...

or every time you see her calling answer with "Pizza pizza can I take your order"...

if she's as crazy as she sounds she'll prob fall for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Amin View Post
    Hey all,

Just looking to see if anyone else has some experience in dealing with some harassment and could offer some advice. My GF's mom is very controlling, bipolar, and overall just a really nasty *****. She often goes through extreme mood swings, and when things get bad, she calls and harasses me. She used to leave messages religiously, but they have cut down since she was warned by the police (from someone else she used to harass). I have about 35 of her vulgar rants saved on my phone, with a couple of them threatening me indirectly.

She still calls now, but most of the time she will wait till i pick up, or leave hangup messages. Most of the time Ill get phone call after phone call, and it will be at random times. (The most recent was 7 times at 3:30-4 am).

I know I can call and get her arrested for harassment, but I dont think that would be good in the long term. I was thinking restraining order, but that seems pretty excessive as well, and it might not be a good long term solution. Im working full time, and in school full time, so I dont want to be in and out of courtrooms, because I dont have the time for it. She is a very vindictive person with a lot of resources, so I want to keep damage control to a minimum.

Anyone been through this before and can offer advice? Police? Social workers? Hells Angels Members? (joking)....
    It's very unfortunate you are dealing with someone who you seem to describe as having a mental illness or is emotionally disturbed.

Have you addressed the issue with the mother directly?

You did not mention how long you and your girlfriend have been dating and what her response was to your concerns regarding her mother's behaviour so it makes it a little difficult to determine how this should be approached.

First of all, start documenting all calls, voice messages, emails, etc., by time, date and what was spoken of. You mentioned you have a number of voice messages saved on your phone which will be helpful for when and if you decide to seek legal assistance.

Also, is her mother seeking treatment from a professional? Either way, when and if you do file a TRO on the mother, the police will have to know about it.

Feel free to PM me if needed...
    Mystique
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

vLASIK

Quote Originally Posted by Syl View Post
    ok... if you don't want to change your number then...
    Change your answering machine... get some chick to record a new message for you... "Hello you've reached Paris please leave a message"...
    She will think you changed your number... and eventually stop calling...

or every time you see her calling answer with "Pizza pizza can I take your order"...

if she's as crazy as she sounds she'll prob fall for it...
    +1

Sign up for all the book clubs, CD clubs, magazines, cruise contests, personals, etc. with her name, phone number, email, any/all contact info you have for her. Maybe even take a personal ad with her name and number.

Edit: I just grew a concience -- it would be very cruel to actually do these, especially the part about the personal ad.

Quote Originally Posted by WoBblyCaT View Post
    Sign up for all the book clubs, CD clubs, magazines, cruise contests, personals, etc. with her name, phone number, email, any/all contact info you have for her. Maybe even take a personal ad with her name and number.

Edit: I just grew a concience -- it would be very cruel to actually do these, especially the part about the personal ad.
    We once had the Mormons come to see one of my roommates in University. WE had it all times out and everything. It was a beautiful site.

Angus..
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 99CBRF4 View Post
    There are lots of people here that work shifts. Post her phone number here, and people can randomly call in the middle of the night when they're bored.

thats the best idea so far

i can do 9-5

Mr. Banana

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Why is the daughter not helping you?

Drop this one like hot rock. As said before,,
    Like Mother like daughter.
    That's sound advice. I've dated lots of crazies and they always emulated their families. People are more like their parents then like care to admit. The signs are there.

I don't think you can get her arrested for phone calls anyway. You'd probably have to get a restraining order first, and then maybe she can get charged.....But not arrested.

Mr. Banana

Quote Originally Posted by 99CBRF4 View Post
    There are lots of people here that work shifts. Post her phone number here, and people can randomly call in the middle of the night when they're bored.
    I posted a crazy exes number in the personals section of Craigslist with a really provacative invitation that made even me bashful.

I also wrote it on some bathroom stalls in some of the cities "classier" venues.

can you have only her number forwarded to an answering machine all the time? Bell may offer a service like that.