Honest Kids on Halloween!

Thread: Honest Kids on Halloween!

Honest Kids on Halloween!

So my wife and I were handing candies out to the kids yesterday evening but had to leave ~ 8:30pm. There were still kids coming around so we left a bunch of candies in a bowl at the front door easily visible beside the pumpkins and with the porch lights on. We left a note that said, "3 candies per person."

When we came home at ~ 11:00pm, lo and behold, there were still some candies left!

Some naysayers might say just a couple kids came and took like 10 each, but the fact that we weren't cleaned out gives me hope for our future

Re: Honest Kids on Halloween!

i'm sure if u were down in my area, the bowl would have been gone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dbg1234 View Post
    i'm sure if u were down in my area, the bowl would have been gone as well.
    ya I know in my area if you have something that isn't chained down it means to the masses that its free for people to steal.

You are lucky you live in Markham. In Scarborough "little angels" would have broken into your house if they knew you weren't around.
    "Fantino has been quoted saying he is "satisfied" with the 41 per cent conviction rate under the new law. I'm glad he's not running a brain surgery school" - Kenzie

Kriptik Riders: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2317743102
    Fighting a Ticket: http://www.roadwarriors.ca/ontario_traffic_tickets_speeding_tickets_tutorial
    http://www.naseinvestors.com
    http://www.jafrum.com

Quote Originally Posted by WoBblyCaT View Post
    When we came home at ~ 11:00pm, lo and behold, there were still some candies left!
    By "candies", do you mean apples and dental floss...?

Dont wanna burst ur bubble, but is it possible that no kids swing by ur house??
    Resident Loudmouth

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

The kids probably heard about the new law & thought it was a sting operation.....
    They heard about people losing their cars for pulling that stunt....

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !

I remember when I lived in the city having groups of kids trying to steal my skulls and other decorations off my lawn! Had to hunt down a few of them but always got my stuff back. I always say that's the exception and not the rule, most people are better than that.
    Hey Wobbly, didn't Sarah the attack poodle scare them off???
    Cheers
    Aminal
    In the breeze

Let me guess, they were those toffee candies that have the orange and black wrapper with bats and moons on them?!? If so, I would not have been surprised if there were more of those when you got back than when you left!

Naw, the candies we left out were individual sugarfree tic tacs and the "thrills" gum that taste like soap. Kidding!

We left mini chocolate bars and "rockets". Most of the visitors we have were young kids. AFAIK we didn't get many teens around here. As for Sadie, she was resting quietly inside. I should mention my place is well lit from the street so that probably made a difference.

Oh, and our pumpkins were still intact when we got home but we were only gone for a couple hrs.

So my wife and I were handing candies out to the kids yesterday evening but had to leave ~ 8:30pm. There were still kids coming around so we left a bunch of candies in a bowl at the front door easily visible beside the pumpkins and with the porch lights on. We left a note that said, "3 candies per person."

Some naysayers might say just a couple kids came and took like 10 each, but the fact that we weren't cleaned out gives me hope for our future
    This is crazy.. For the longest time I thought you were a woman based on your handle and the cute little picture of the cat. Hell, I better stop making assumptions..

We had a fun Halloween night - one girl on a cell phone, one 18 year old, kids just walking in and grabbing which candies they wanted, and one girl (about 12-14?) looking at our cat and giggling and saying "Hey I like your dog, he's cute.."

Angus..
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Argyle View Post
    This is crazy.. For the longest time I thought you were a woman based on your handle and the cute little picture of the cat. Hell, I better stop making assumptions..

Angus..
    Were u turned on??
    Resident Loudmouth

What makes you think I'm not a woman? Haven't you heard of same sex marriage?!

I've met Wobbly and Wiggly, they are both more women than you'll ever get!

Cheers
    Aminal
    In the breeze

I stumbled upon the perfect system. I left candy out all night. I had full sized chocolate bars and the minis. The little cute kids who come by at 6:30 got the big ones and the 'big kids' / high school kids who come later got the mini chocolates.

I thought there was the chance that some fat kid would take them all 1st thing but then hey - fortune favors the bold right?
    _/\_/\ . ÷ z z z Z ZZ
    ,,,-_-,,,

Bring everything you need and nothing you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    Were u turned on??
    It doesn't take much.. Plus, that's quite the cute P****y picture he has there.. And I'm pretty clueless sometimes

Angus..
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

We had a fun Halloween night - one girl on a cell phone, one 18 year old, kids just walking in and grabbing which candies they wanted, and one girl (about 12-14?) looking at our cat and giggling and saying "Hey I like your dog, he's cute.."

Angus..
    Not sure why you assumed a woman just because of the cute kitty name?!
    He's surely a man though, and a gentleman to boot.
    So let me help you all understand his nickname.

WOBBLy Cat> 1: A cat that can no longer walk straight after getting stoned with it's owner.
    2: A cat that has been indulging in your alcoholic beverages.
    3: A cat that wobbles due to dizziness caused by a person that spins such cat until dizzy.
    4: A cat with three legs.
    5: And finally, the name his wife gave him after he came home drunk looking for sex.

I'm sure one of those definitions is correct.
    But please feel free to add any i may have missed.

Doodoo

..."thrills" gum that taste like soap...
    I LOVE those!