Having M2 exit next week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having M2 exit next week

Having M2 exit next week

Finally doing my road test in Aurora
    anyone can give me some details about the test? like the test route in Aurora?
    I only heard I will be given a one way radio to listen to the instructions from the examiner
    not so sure what I have to do in the road test...

Doing mine may 1 in Brampton. Good luck to ya.
    This might help.
    Copied from another thread

Re: Having M2 exit next week

Quote Originally Posted by garyxchan View Post
    Finally doing my road test in Aurora
    anyone can give me some details about the test? like the test route in Aurora?
    I only heard I will be given a one way radio to listen to the instructions from the examiner
    not so sure what I have to do in the road test...
    The test will involve going on the road. If you know the rules of the road, the test route is irrelevant.
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    The test will involve going on the road. If you know the rules of the road, the test route is irrelevant.
    i don't think it's completely irrelevant. if you know the route, you can become familiar with it. being familiar with the route is one less thing to have to worry about, imo.

got my m a few weeks ago. Just do what you generally do normally (unless you ride like a tool) and youll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
    i don't think it's completely irrelevant. if you know the route, you can become familiar with it. being familiar with the route is one less thing to have to worry about, imo.
    Hmm, so you need to know the route to figure out how to make a right turn, change lanes, an emergency road side stop and go through an intersection?
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

A little piece of advice for you. Exaggerate your shoulder checks. Just to ensure that the examiner sees your head turn beyond what you might actually need to check for traffic.
    Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. H.S. Thompson

If you haven't already, check this out, it has helped a lot of people - http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...X%29-checklist!

I took the exit course at Sheridan. What I can remember:

Before performing ANYTHING they ask, always do a shoulder check. Shoulder check, action, end with another shoulder check.

If you are turning right, you are supposed to do a shoulder check behind you before you turn right even if it's a single lane.

Remember lane blocking positions, they will have you switch lanes on the highway. Same thing applies before changing lanes, check, change, check.

Keep your brake light lit when you're stopped

Remember after turning left to merge into the right lane as quickly as possible. I lost a point for not merging back over as quickly as possible.

They will purposely take you to areas where there are things you should be checking for risk, like schools, or playgrounds or hospitals. LOOK at them. Make sure it's obvious that you're noticing that stuff.

They will ask you to pull an emergency stop. Before that i was asked to move to a passing lane. I lost a point on that because i was expected to move back to the driving lane automatically even without instructions. Never stay on the passing lane. Move your head a lot coming an intersection, look both ways exageratedly.
    "I ride, therefore I am!"

Hmm, so you need to know the route to figure out how to make a right turn, change lanes, an emergency road side stop and go through an intersection?
    Stop riding if you can't figure this out.

The same rules apply everywhere, the route doesn't matter. If you can only ride properly if you practice a particular circuit, then that's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mikbusa View Post
    The same rules apply everywhere, the route doesn't matter. If you can only ride properly if you practice a particular circuit, then that's sad.
    Yep, I agree......

I mean I have mine on Tuesday, and i'm a bit anxious about it, but its just do to the little habits you pick up along the way.
    I mean I don't want to forget i'm on a test and start riding one handed flipping the bird as im lane splitting. Do they judge you on how your balance is, or how you control a wheelie??
    Sorry I had too.....

The only actual thing i'm bothered about is that some say you need to keep your foot on the rear brake when comming to a stop and need to leave it there.
    My knee's are crap, and I need both down (obviously I still keep on the front brake).
    I heard some say it doesn't matter which one you do though....
    riding a moped is like having sex with a fat chick.
    sure it may be fun, but you don't want your friends to find out

00 ZX12R

I'm doing mine on the May 24 weekend.. I have an integrated tail light.. I was just wondering if they will give me grief for this?
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out the window!!

The M2X focuses on observation. As already mentioned, exaggerating your shoulder checks are helpful but they are also looking for how well you observe high traffic areas like traffic around a beer store or shopping mall entrance, school zones, etc. The check list is very helpful, it will explain what they are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by 600f4ilover View Post
    I'm doing mine on the May 24 weekend.. I have an integrated tail light.. I was just wondering if they will give me grief for this?
    I had integrated signals when I did it few years ago. They walk around the bike, check your horn, make sure the front and rear brake activate your light, then ask you to turn on your signals, so they can see them. If they are too close together or not distinctive enough, then they can give you grief. My examiner was cool, didn't even mention it, just made sure he could see the brake.

Worst case scenario, you'll have to use hand signals. Not easy if you don't practice it so it's second nature. And no, not waving to ebikes either.
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Is there a proper way to pull over on a motorcycle (Road-side stop)? Im doing mine next week.

Also, is there a proper tire track to be in when theres 3 lanes and your in the middle? I've always stayed in the middle of the tire track when im sandwiched.
    Last edited by Sushii; 04-24-2012 at 04:31 PM.

yes. It was written in a book somewhere. Forgot what it's called. but it's out there.
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

That's not what I said at all. You studied for tests in high school and college, why shouldn't this be treated in a similar fashion? After all, it is a test. What I said was it can't hurt to know the route.

Quote Originally Posted by mikbusa View Post
    again, not what I said at all. see above.

There is no lane blocking position in the middle lane, no. If you are in the center lane you should not ride in the middle of it, either side of it ( oil ). You should try and always be in a lane with a blocking position whenever possible.

For the pull over it was alot of steps. Shoulder check before anything, signal, shoulder check, merge over. Do not stop near a hydrant or anything that poses a hazard. They did expect you to put the kickstand down, and stand up off the bike to show you've stopped it controlled. Again before moving or anything, shoulder checks, signal, shoulder checks, go, merge into lane blocking position and then shoulder check again at the end.