Cash Settlement Amount for a "Write-Off" - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cash Settlement Amount for a "Write-Off"

Re: Cash Settlement Amount for a "Write-Off"

While I feel you pain I'm guessing the insurance company is concerned that perhaps you'll take your time fixing the bike and maybe make another claim (theft perhaps) prior to it being fixed. Normally accident repairs are done by a shop giving the insurance company a warm fuzzy feeling that things will be fixed correctly. Good luck with your fight... you've already won a victory or two it seems... maybe this time you'll have to get creative.

update: I seem to be getting concessions from Primmum. There tone with me has gradually changed too. They're now giving me 30 days to get everything done, and allowing me to do the work myself, as long as I can get the bike safety certified.

now i'm just waiting for the cheque in the mail...waiting....waiting...
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by BusaBob View Post
    update: I seem to be getting concessions from Primmum. There tone with me has gradually changed too. They're now giving me 30 days to get everything done, and allowing me to do the work myself, as long as I can get the bike safety certified.

now i'm just waiting for the cheque in the mail...waiting....waiting...
    Glad to hear things worked out! I know someone working at TD insurance and they aren't the brightest bunch. Most of TD is good for everything, but some areas do fail.

Best of luck with the repairs and hopefully you soaring in your busa again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    Glad to hear things worked out! I know someone working at TD insurance and they aren't the brightest bunch. Most of TD is good for everything, but some areas do fail.

Best of luck with the repairs and hopefully you soaring in your busa again next year.
    hopefully sometime this fall!!!

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post

I used to work there!! You're so right!!

the adjuster for Primmum stated that they do NOT consider ad's in Kijiji, Autotrader, etc.
    That's insane man! State Farm said, due to the damage to my bike, they were unable to determine what condition it was in at the time of the accident. They asked me to find a few auto trader and kijiji ad's for the same year bike as mine, in similar condition with similar modifications. I was blown away by the offer they presented me with (partly due, i'm sure, to the absolutely insane prices people ask for used stuff in Ont! lol. THANK YOU!)

When this is all said and done, time to switch!

Good luck.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    That's insane man! State Farm said, due to the damage to my bike, they were unable to determine what condition it was in at the time of the accident. They asked me to find a few auto trader and kijiji ad's for the same year bike as mine, in similar condition with similar modifications. I was blown away by the offer they presented me with (partly due, i'm sure, to the absolutely insane prices people ask for used stuff in Ont! lol. THANK YOU!)

When this is all said and done, time to switch!

Good luck.

-Jamie M.
    State Farm is known to have one of the best in terms of claims service, and TD is among the worst. No, I don't work for either
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

I am please to announce that the claim is now closed and the settlement has been to my satisfaction.

The Busa is repaired and riding strong.

All it took was:
    1) harassing Primmum's adjusters for the better part of 2 months
    2) getting the General Insurance Ombudsperson involved...repeatedly
    3) a flurry of repair activity and putting life in general on hold to have the repairs done in the requisite 30 days (up from the original requirement of 2 weeks with much, much negotiating) with the threat of policy cancellation waved over my head
    4) a safety certificate completed for a bike with only cosmetic damage already declared safe by a licensed mechanic.

Primmum: stand up and pat yourself on the back for a job well done! >sarcasm<

to top it off, they have the nerve to send me a letter confirming the claim has been closed and stating the following insult to injury:

We hope that your claim has been handled quickly, efficiently and to your complete satisfaction"
    A letter in reply will be drafted and sent once I get over the shock of the audacity of this statement.

Primmum: cheapest is not always the best. In fact, they can outright suck.
    Last edited by BusaBob; 11-03-2011 at 12:36 AM.

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Now go and look for a new carrier, as you are about to get one up the back side on renewel.

Primmum: cheapest is not always the best. In fact, they can outright suck.
    I have said this many times before. The level of service can vary quite a bit from one insurer to another. FSCO did a Claims Satisfaction Survey a while back (2003), but I can no longer find the link. I wish they'd do a refresher of the satisfaction survey.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Glad you can close the chapter out. I'm glad that the results (not process) has been fixed to your satisfaction.

Just catching up with this thread... I'm with primmum...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jeero View Post
    Ugh. Your story makes me hope really hard that my insurance company doesn't give me this hard of a time if I ever end up in a situation like this one.

I had a winter-beater truck appraised for 60$ under the table. MTO didn't have a book value on it so I had to get it appraised myself.
    Call a few appraisers, explain your situation vaguely and see if they'll work on your side.

When you say 77% of the previous value, what do you mean by "previous value"? Purchase price?
    Hard time? My crash was last Tuesday night, and because I didn't bother having collision on it, the insurance company had to investigate the circumstances of the crash before they could authorize payment under my DCPD coverage. They called me on Thursday morning to say the car was a write-off, that the other driver was deemed 100% at fault and me 0%, and to give me their settlement proposal. The proposal was quite fair (I actually made money on the car even after getting four years of use out of it), and I'll pick up my settlement check on Monday morning at my broker.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    I have said this many times before. The level of service can vary quite a bit from one insurer to another. FSCO did a Claims Satisfaction Survey a while back (2003), but I can no longer find the link. I wish they'd do a refresher of the satisfaction survey.
    I've always been treated quite well by my insurance company, never an issue with them.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    I've always been treated quite well by my insurance company, never an issue with them.
    I've never had any issues in the past either, but some companies are known to offer better claims service than other companies. In general, Ontario insurance companies fare quite well -- even the worst company still has about a 72% claims satisfaction rating. The best companies are in the neighbourhood of 95%.

If I were you, I would try to find out who the manager of the adjuster is and VP of the dept.

Send them both a politely worded of letter stating what happened and why you would not recommend the company to someone else. They need this type of feedback to make attitude adjustments to employees. Hop on their twitter and go at them. They take that **** serious and when people on twitter hate.