proud new cbr600rr noobie! - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: proud new cbr600rr noobie!

Re: proud new cbr600rr noobie!

Congrats on the new, bike you'll enjoy it once this snow buggers off. A new rider on a SS doesn't have to end up tragic. Next spring, ride alone, a lot, avoid group rides with fast riders right away, you need to master the basics first. In the mean time, you can educate yourself. There's some great material out there, I recommend "A Twist of the Wrist II" video. Boring to watch, but there's some great info. There are other titles too, but this one did me a lot of good.

Congrats on the new ride!

Welcome to the forum and to riding. I'm also new to the forum and riding, picked up an '03 600rr also as my first bike, rode it once and waiting for spring to insure it. I believe if safe riding is important to you then you'll end up being a safe rider, chances are if you stick with that you wont have any problems. With that being said, accidents happen, regardless if its at fault or not, lifes about taking chances and also about having a good time which is why we all want to ride...why else buy a bike.

Have fun, everyone.

Ride safe bro. Congrats on the new bike. You'll love it.

I started on a 600RR five years ago. There is probably alot to be learned on a smaller bike. Control issues are harder to learn when you worry about the throttle. I did get used to it, then I was fine, but being in my thirties and out of the city helps. If you respect the bike....it'll be good to you.

Again....congrats on a great bike.

PS - Longtime 600rr.net member here, and the flaming would be no worse than here.
    Last edited by NRAGED; 12-19-2010 at 09:26 PM.
    05' 600RR - SOLD
    07' 600RR - SOLD
    11' VEGAS Stage 2
    12' GT500 Shelby

Let the flamming begin! This forum has no shortage of people looking to bring you down.

My first bike was a gsxr 600. Got my self into some situations but never dropped it. Not sure being on a 250 would have prevented any of them.

But start slow. U got alota bike under ur ***.
    2008 GSX-R 600 Sold
    2008 ZX6R (track)

congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. you'll be fine on the 600 man. keep out of the higher revs till ur comfortable and learn throttle control and im positive you'll be okay

I saw the thread title and knew it would be entertaining. So, congratulations on the new bike and welcome to the forum.

As any person entering into a new hobbie/sport/activity, I'm sure you've done some research. So, the flaming shouldn't be a surprise. A new post that bravely states purchasing a new SS as their first bike and subsequently supporting the choice by having experience with a 500 hp cage and being mature has been mentioned several times before. It's also quickly followed by SS owners that support you with their purchase of a SS as their first ride and survived just fine.

As much as I may disagree with your choice of bike to start out on, I appreciate my freedom to choose more. Please don't dismiss the negative comments. May your confidence lead you to the knowledge, experience and riding ability to enjoy riding for a very, very, very long time.

Cheers.

Chances that you got a BRAND NEW CBR 600 and are planning on 'taking it easy' are slim... especially when you boast about driving a 500hp car...
    SS are not beginner friendly; can you ride one and not die? Technically yes. Are you learning in the most effective and productive way possible? Definitely not.
    Beginner bikes are for beginners, SS are for not. Concensus is that if you get a bike way ahead of your skill level, your learning curve will be bumpy and prolonged; versus something that isn't a SS or something similar (some of those sport touring bikes are just as fast).
    Be careful, watch twist of the wrist 2, and obey the law (I find this the hardest for new riders)!
    I also agree that you should ride alone at first (with a cellphone just in case something happens). SS riders tend to go fast (seeing as they are on RACE bikes). You, however, definitely should not go fast until you get some bearing on the bike (aka simple things like push steering mastery etc.).

See you around in the new year! AND ALWAYS WEAR GEAR DON'T BE A SQUID!!!
    Last edited by wearelopey; 12-20-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcat View Post

Lastly, anyone who says a 250 "isn't fast enough" for them
    I say it, it is slow (37 HP)

Congrats on your new bike
    Last edited by ZX600; 12-20-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Well, if you are legit and not a troll. Good luck with your new bike. I started with the Ninja 250 and for me it worked. Some people prefer to go big or go home. I must say, when I get the experience I'll be getting the CBR 600rr. It's an amazing bike! Good luck and keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedagogue View Post
    Well, if you are legit and not a troll. Good luck with your new bike. I started with the Ninja 250 and for me it worked. Some people prefer to go big or go home. I must say, when I get the experience I'll be getting the CBR 600rr. It's an amazing bike! Good luck and keep us posted.
    Question for you, what makes the cbr600 such an amazing bike compared to any of the others? have you done your research or you own a civic (not making fun, I own one), are you buying into this whole honda is better quality or is there a specific reason why you chose a honda, i am just curious.

Welcome and congrats on the new ride

The two posts below are great advice; couldn't have said it better myself.
    I too believe your learning curve will be prolonged... but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by nakkers View Post
    I saw the thread title and knew it would be entertaining. So, congratulations on the new bike and welcome to the forum.

As any person entering into a new hobbie/sport/activity, I'm sure you've done some research. So, the flaming shouldn't be a surprise. A new post that bravely states purchasing a new SS as their first bike and subsequently supporting the choice by having experience with a 500 hp cage and being mature has been mentioned several times before. It's also quickly followed by SS owners that support you with their purchase of a SS as their first ride and survived just fine.

As much as I may disagree with your choice of bike to start out on, I appreciate my freedom to choose more. Please don't dismiss the negative comments. May your confidence lead you to the knowledge, experience and riding ability to enjoy riding for a very, very, very long time.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by wearelopey View Post
    Chances that you got a BRAND NEW CBR 600 and are planning on 'taking it easy' are slim... especially when you boast about driving a 500hp car...
    SS are not beginner friendly; can you ride one and not die? Technically yes. Are you learning in the most effective and productive way possible? Definitely not.
    Beginner bikes are for beginners, SS are for not. Concensus is that if you get a bike way ahead of your skill level, your learning curve will be bumpy and prolonged; versus something that isn't a SS or something similar (some of those sport touring bikes are just as fast).
    Be careful, watch twist of the wrist 2, and obey the law (I find this the hardest for new riders)!
    I also agree that you should ride alone at first (with a cellphone just in case something happens). SS riders tend to go fast (seeing as they are on RACE bikes). You, however, definitely should not go fast until you get some bearing on the bike (aka simple things like push steering mastery etc.).

See you around in the new year! AND ALWAYS WEAR GEAR DON'T BE A SQUID!!!
    2006 Suzuki GS500F

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    Question for you, what makes the cbr600 such an amazing bike compared to any of the others? have you done your research or you own a civic (not making fun, I own one), are you buying into this whole honda is better quality or is there a specific reason why you chose a honda, i am just curious.
    ha ha ha you do have a civic.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Thanks for the advice and the welcome guys!

No I do not have a civic, they are great puddle jumpers and are fun cheap cars. I have a 2g dsm, I realize fully that a fast car is a 100% differnet animal and the reason why I never got a bike before is because I knew I wasnt ready. I am mature - late 20's and I fully understand that I will have to keep the revs way down for the first season, be super careful and learn the ropes. My primary reason for the 600rr is that out of all 600cc class bikes the honda is by far the most user friendly on the street and at the same time has best handling. All my reasearch pointed in the same direction and many 1st timers who got a cbr600rr said it was good to learn on.

Here she is, got her at the show.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cbr600re.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	23109

Quote Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post
    All my reasearch pointed in the same direction and many 1st timers who got a cbr600rr said it was good to learn on.
    Which website were you on where they suggested this as a good bike to learn on? It's a very nice looking bike in the "before" pic . . . hopefully there is no need to post an "after" pic.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Welcome to gtam - as you find out you will get a range of responses here.

Had to laugh at your typical nth American comment about the 250 not being fast enough. It's plenty fast,
    It's how you ride it mate. lol!

600RR ? Insurance is a killer.. ? Good luck as a noob rider

Ps - 500hp car?? Suburu WRX?

Quote Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post
    My primary reason for the 600rr is that out of all 600cc class bikes the honda is by far the most user friendly on the street and at the same time has best handling. All my reasearch pointed in the same direction and many 1st timers who got a cbr600rr said it was good to learn on.
    Actually many first timers get CBR's because of the wrong perception they are better because they are Honda, it's a noob mistake and misconception, can you speak a little of 3 facts that made you believe it had better handling as pointed out by your research?

Nice color by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post

Had to laugh at your typical nth American comment about the 250 not being fast enough. It's plenty fast,
    It's how you ride it mate. lol!
    lol Yea and she also doesn't mind the size of your small penis, it's all about how you use it LOL
    Last edited by ZX600; 12-24-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Welcome Friend!

Good luck on the new bike and please be smart on it. Enjoy your new hobby=)

Cheers!